Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

£100m under management is fuck all

I’d be surprised if they were investing

IF there's owt in this rumour, looks more like a sensible alternative to Deano's mad Blumarble deal - i.e. they forward enough cash for Ken to clear the Eddie loan in return for some shares with the medium term aim of a sale.

15 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I have been told a couple of times about interested parties and then KA puts the price up so they walk away that does not surprise me at all really don't trust the bloke anymore after the Diodge debacle.

10 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I have been told a couple of times about interested parties and then KA puts the price up so they walk away that does not surprise me at all really don't trust the bloke anymore after the Diodge debacle.

This is really starting to look the case, I just don't get it though. Surely we are losing money every month, so in effect Ken losing money every month. If he keeps knocking back bids then he is either a. mental b. pocketing a tidy little sum every month of a profit we don't know about or c. its not true and Ken is right in claiming all these potential buyers are just fleecing cunts chancing their arm. 

Reading Nixon's post, although believing anything that moron types is difficult given his previous statements of bullshit is difficult, would suggest Ken thinks he can get more cash out of this other lot so has raised the price for the Mark Warburton lot, just seeing if he can grab a few more quid on his way out. 

Not sure i'd begrudge him that after IMO keeping a club here for us to support over the last few years. I'm hoping thats the case and the eventual new owners actually have a bit of cash and the right intentions for the club. Fingers crossed. 

7 hours ago, leebwfc said:

Reading Nixon's post, although believing anything that moron types is difficult given his previous statements of bullshit is difficult, would suggest Ken thinks he can get more cash out of this other lot so has raised the price for the Mark Warburton lot, just seeing if he can grab a few more quid on his way out. 

Not sure i'd begrudge him that after IMO keeping a club here for us to support over the last few years. I'm hoping thats the case and the eventual new owners actually have a bit of cash and the right intentions for the club. Fingers crossed. 

Is he milking it or have they been outbid?Semantics. (not really aimed at you per se)

8 hours ago, leebwfc said:

I’d rather Ken get two bits of fuck all profit wise so any buyer has more investment that can go into the club 

I think ED’s had it right last time, give it away for nothing (£1) and leave a Claus in that pays out more down the line if we get into the PL 

Has Ken really invested any money in the club that he hasn’t taken back out? Is the club currently worth more than when Ken paid £1 for it? 

18 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I’d rather Ken get two bits of fuck all profit wise so any buyer has more investment that can go into the club 

I think ED’s had it right last time, give it away for nothing (£1) and leave a Claus in that pays out more down the line if we get into the PL 

Has Ken really invested any money in the club that he hasn’t taken back out? Is the club currently worth more than when Ken paid £1 for it? 

He’s invested 3 years of his life which he could of spent on more lucrative / less shitty jobs.

whats the annual wage for a person who is owner / chairman / chief executive / website news producer?

5 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

He’s invested 3 years of his life which he could of spent on more lucrative / less shitty jobs.

whats the annual wage for a person who is owner / chairman / chief executive / website news producer?

Aye, but that means fuck all to a potential buyer. The business is worth what it’s worth 

ED’s put 20 years and tens of millions in and came away with a pound coin and an IOU should we get back to the PL within a certain amount of time 

Should Ken really be getting much more than that? He’s put far less time and money in the ED did and from what I can see the ‘business’ is on broadly the same shape as the last time it changed hands 

Whilst it’s not losing the same amount of cash each month it’s only ever a few weeks off the next cash flow crisis. Without investment it’s a matter of time before it all comes to a head. If Ken isn’t putting the investment into it then it’s only going to be so long before the descision about selling price is taken out of his hands and given to an administrator 

12 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye, but that means fuck all to a potential buyer. The business is worth what it’s worth 

ED’s put 20 years and tens of millions in and came away with a pound coin and an IOU should we get back to the PL within a certain amount of time 

Should Ken really be getting much more than that? He’s put far less time and money in the ED did and from what I can see the ‘business’ is on broadly the same shape as the last time it changed hands 

Whilst it’s not losing the same amount of cash each month it’s only ever a few weeks off the next cash flow crisis. Without investment it’s a matter of time before it all comes to a head. If Ken isn’t putting the investment into it then it’s only going to be so long before the descision about selling price is taken out of his hands and given to an administrator 

I believe it’s very unclear what Eddie Davies got out of the club during his time here.

the original question was what has ken put into the club.

the answer 3 years and multiple short term loans at 0 % interest to cover cash flow problems. Which were then repaid once we had resolved said cash flow problem. (At his own admission)

he has taken a wage at the same time though (which could be the going rate for the task he has performed)

The question is, without Ken, who would have resolved the short term cash flow problems? 

1 minute ago, Eavesy said:

I believe it’s very unclear what Eddie Davies got out of the club during his time here.

the original question was what has ken put into the club.

the answer 3 years and multiple short term loans at 0 % interest to cover cash flow problems. Which were then repaid once we had resolved said cash flow problem. (At his own admission)

he has taken a wage at the same time though (which could be the going rate for the task he has performed)

The question is, without Ken, who would have resolved the short term cash flow problems? 

Has Ken resolved the short term cash flow problems? I wouldn’t say they have been resolved, granted he’s managed them (with the help of ED amongst others) 

im just struggling to see how the clubs worth any more than it was three years ago when he bought it from ED 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nixon knows his stuff. He's a class A nob but well sourced.

Iles showing how clearly out of his depth he is. Being used as part of a negotiation and believing every word a buyer feeds him. 

I just can’t understand why he doesn’t hold fire, just for a minute before going to press.

Its not like the club is North Korea and you can’t get any info. Lee Anderson was texting folk saying it wall all bullshit first thing yesterday. 

Just contact the club, then go to press with the story instead of whipping up a frenzy and then again when it fails to materialise. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I just can’t understand why he doesn’t hold fire, just for a minute before going to press.

Its not like the club is North Korea and you can’t get any info. Lee Anderson was texting folk saying it wall all bullshit first thing yesterday. 

Just contact the club, then go to press with the story instead of whipping up a frenzy and then again when it fails to materialise. 

He can't though can he? Man is a moron. Though clearly something is going on - I don't believe the outright denials. 

But Iles is just being used - like Holdsworth used him. He's so incredibly naive. 

27 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Your forgetting the fact that his job is to drive clicks to the website in order to increase revenue 

If it’s right, wrong or somewhere in the middle I doubt him and his bosses give a fuck as long as it drives clicks and revenue (without them getting sued of course) 

I bet that article drove plenty 

Its the Bolton News not the New York Times