Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

26 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We just want someone to lose everything they have trying to make us successful. 

There will be some great away days and we might win a few till it all comes crashing down again in ten years time :)

Unless we get a billionaire, we're looking at the bottom half of this league or top half of league one. Most of the successful clubs in this league have rich owners.

The amount of money in football has been getting sillier and sillier and I don't see it stopping.

Still, if we can get an owner(s) like Wolves have, I won't be turning my nose up at it.

Edited by dazl1212

42 minutes ago, wakey said:

If Warburton's part of the consortium and if he installs himself as manager I give it 6 months before most are calling for his head.

Although he is London born he must have forebears from Warrington or Bolton/Bury. Maybe he has been a closet White from an early age?

He basically gave up a lucrative but demanding career in money markets to move into football management in the first place.

And he used to play for BWFC (although it was Boreham Wood).

25 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We just want someone to lose everything they have trying to make us successful. 

There will be some great away days and we might win a few till it all comes crashing down again in ten years time :)

You missed the bit where they're accused of tax scamming/money pilfering by assorted m0ngalongs...

1 minute ago, MalcolmW said:

Although he is London born he must have forebears from Warrington or Bolton/Bury. Maybe he has been a closet White from an early age?

He basically gave up a lucrative but demanding career in money markets to move into football management in the first place.

And he used to play for BWFC (although it was Boreham Wood).

Don't know owt about him, but he looks a bit of a goon, so, wakey, I'll get in first "Warby Out!"

50 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

You missed the bit where they're accused of tax scamming/money pilfering by assorted m0ngalongs...

Aye that only comes when we start losing. 

Its all fine otherwise :D

fella mentioning wolves above, there’s really no reason that could’ve been us. Similar sized clubs in similar financial issues with all the Moore stuff, fans kicking off on the pitch etc. 

Lucky twats. 

21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye that only comes when we start losing. 

Its all fine otherwise :D

fella mentioning wolves above, there’s really no reason that could’ve been us. Similar sized clubs in similar financial issues with all the Moore stuff, fans kicking off on the pitch etc. 

Lucky twats. 

Do you mean there's no reason it couldn't have been us?

11 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

Do you mean there's no reason it couldn't have been us?

Aye no reason at all. They were just the right club at the right time.

Actually met their owner in the chairman’s suite when they twatted us last season. Sound as fuck, he spent all day with Morgan.

We are crying out for a similar take over. Fuck all debts and losses in comparison to teams in our division. Infrastructure is spot on and ground is probably the best in the division. 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Actually met their owner in the chairman’s suite when they twatted us last season. Sound as fuck, he spent all day with Morgan.

We are crying out for a similar take over. Fuck all debts and losses in comparison to teams in our division. Infrastructure is spot on and ground is probably the best in the division. 

I agree we're crying out for one (literally dying for one) and I think we've a lot of potential still but don't see us as some sort of sleeping giant, like perhaps the likes of Wolves were and Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland etc are. It pains me to say it like but for me, we're a small club in a big arse ground.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ken needs you to help him sell it.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I agree we're crying out for one (literally dying for one) and I think we've a lot of potential still but don't see us as some sort of sleeping giant, like perhaps the likes of Wolves were and Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland etc are. It pains me to say it like but for me, we're a small club in a big arse ground.

I honestly wouldn’t have us that far off wolves in the big club stakes. Size of support has never been that much bigger than us. Similar up and down paths and 80’s capitulations and bounce backs. 

90’s and 00’s we take it on success. 

They had Jack Haywood we had ED and both us went to pot, just them a few years infront of us. 

I still think someone like wolves owners are put off by our manc neighbours. Got to be a major factor that. 

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I honestly wouldn’t have us that far off wolves in the big club stakes. Size of support has never been that much bigger than us. Similar up and down paths and 80’s capitulations and bounce backs. 

90’s and 00’s we take it on success. 

They had Jack Haywood we had ED and both us went to pot, just them a few years infront of us. 

I still think someone like wolves owners are put off by our manc neighbours. Got to be a major factor that. 

I'd love, love this to be the case that we're only a few years behind. It might be this trail of misery we've been on that's dampened my expectations but I'd just be content for a stable championship club with the odd flirtation with play offs and a cup run right now though.

Mind you I'm sure Wolves fans were saying that themselves in their darkest times, I dunno. It's shit.

Anyway, I went to sleep very happy one night recently after listening to a podcast featuring a Wolves fan who said we ruined the entire 90s for them. We still have that :lol:

38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I think you are absolutely right. 

That's pretty cool that their owner would spend the time to have a chat with an opposition fan.

I was at that game, it was horrible to watch them destroy us and barely get out of second gear.

As you said we have a lot going for is if we manage to keep hold of it all. Great stadium and infrastructure. 

Plus we've got some pretty decent and recent history with some big names in football from all around the world playing for us, Djorkaef, Okocha, Hierro, Nakata etc.

It'd be great to see us bloodying the nose of some of the Billy Big Bollocks clubs, especially the London ones.

Edited by dazl1212

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'd love, love this to be the case that we're only a few years behind. It might be this trail of misery we've been on that's dampened my expectations but I'd just be content for a stable championship club with the odd flirtation with play offs and a cup run right now though.

Mind you I'm sure Wolves fans were saying that themselves in their darkest times, I dunno. It's shit.

Aye, and just to show it can get better, wolves sold out tonight in their cup replay v Shrewsbury

Bolton would need to inspire the younger generation. By winning and more reaching out. There are far too many United and Liverpool etc fans around the Bolton area. 

How many kids have been turned off watching Bolton recently for instance?

Edited by dazl1212