Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

You can be as ambitious as you like. Means nothing without money in the bank. 

They’ve money but no fan base we’ve no money but a fan base. I would rather have history, fan base and the fantastic infrastructure of BWFC, Salford city whatever they throw at it won’t ever be a BWFC. 

8 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Start of the season there was general agreement this squad was better than last seaons. Its the tactics that are all wrong. 

I think that was before 1. ALF left 2. We realised our 3 new strikers had even less goal threat between them than Wilbraham, Armstrong, Clough and Walker 3 We discovered that Morais is miles better than Wildschut. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They’ve money but no fan base we’ve no money but a fan base. I would rather have history, fan base and the fantastic infrastructure of BWFC, Salford city whatever they throw at it won’t ever be a BWFC. 

Amalgamate, call ourselves LH, play on Dukes Gate.

Next problem

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I wouldn't have minded watching some of Posh's goalscorers in last few years though!  Boyd, Tomlin, Marriott, Assombalonga, Gayle, Mackail-Smith before he went to Brighton - it shows how dreadful we've been when a mid table Div 1 club has 6 better strikers just off top of my head than some we had in the Prem (I'm talking N'Gog, Sordell, Rasiak etc not the exceptions like Klasnic & Davies) and definitely better than anything we've managed in the championship years.  For what its worth, all those boring sides have at least had 6 trips to Wembley between them in the last 4 years!  And all were won except Bradford's 2 visits.

Guess the big mystery for me is why we have had a one up target man style of play for as long as I can remember, but we never have a youth or u23s player who you would class as such. In fact both u23s and u18s play on the ground build it up from the back style football, so it must come as a culture shock when they train with the first team.

18 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Guess the big mystery for me is why we have had a one up target man style of play for as long as I can remember, but we never have a youth or u23s player who you would class as such. In fact both u23s and u18s play on the ground build it up from the back style football, so it must come as a culture shock when they train with the first team.

I suspect that to be just a general consequence of how the academy system is set up in this country rather than anything deliberate on the club’s part. 

From what I’m led to believe from friends who have had lads in academy’s they do look to fit particular playing styles 

I.e Man City training them like Barcelona 

It would make sense for us to try and bring through a target man if that’s the style our first team will be sticking with 

45 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I suspect that to be just a general consequence of how the academy system is set up in this country rather than anything deliberate on the club’s part. 

Not according to Zorc at Dortmund who said in the paper today that English youngster are 'miles' ahead of their German counterparts. Maybe it's just Prem team eh

25 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Always puzzles me that. Where do the likes of Madine,  Wilkinson, Eaves, Hanson, Wilbraham, Matt Smith play when they are 18 or 19? Do they get a kick while their coach preaches pass and move? Then they get to 22/23 and Megson, Parky, Warnock etc are queuing up.

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

Not according to Zorc at Dortmund who said in the paper today that English youngster are 'miles' ahead of their German counterparts. Maybe it's just Prem team eh

...which would back up exactly my point in relation to the original post as to why we aren’t having a load of target men playing in the U18s and U23s. 

Bonnar intimated on Twitter that bid was floundering said that there would be news on Basran bid in today’s news, in today’s news PP intimating new owners might be present, nothing about the Basran bid in paper. Bonnars a cunt. :) 

Edited by Mounts Kipper