Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fancy starting Greeny at full back and leaving Gudni on bench, probably cost us that game. Bruce out 😂

Remember thinking at the time why sign him ? We are ok at the back. 

One of our best ever signings. 

I always think why though...Bolton will quite possibly be in league 1 next season so why would a billionaire find this attractive when they could feasibly acquire a premier league team. This is not a dig BTW because I remember thinking when these faceless Chinese fuckers took over at Wigan " why the fuck are they piss farting about with us ".

Maybe I'm just a sceptic and I genuinely hope you get sorted but just question why ?

13 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I always think why though...Bolton will quite possibly be in league 1 next season so why would a billionaire find this attractive when they could feasibly acquire a premier league team. This is not a dig BTW because I remember thinking when these faceless Chinese fuckers took over at Wigan " why the fuck are they piss farting about with us ".

Maybe I'm just a sceptic and I genuinely hope you get sorted but just question why ?

I expect they see some value, 5 million for moonshift shares plus about 20 million debt, gains control of the club lock stock and barrel. A site that’s next to one of the most expensive retail rental sites in England, hotel, training ground and a decent stadium. It’s peanuts in grand scheme of things, especially when you look at one premier  player earning 1 million plus per month. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

19 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42." has now become "The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is Mario Jardel."

For some reason I have an image of Howard walking in to a dimly lit room, a sheikh spins round in his chair behind a desk (possibly with a cat on his arm aka inspector gadget style) and passes a folder across the table 

“give the peasants this” 

‘yes your highness’

then she leaves, opens the file, takes in the info, opens her laptop and logs in to wways 

I really can't feel confident about all this today.

KA seems to get his way an awful lot and he just needs 1 judge to back what he says.

Will there only be a small number he can meet today? Can't imagine you can just wander in.

20 minutes ago, Boothy said:

"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42." has now become "The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is Mario Jardel."

No coincidence that 42 was his waist size when he was here.

• Site Supporter

Large percentage on here thinking this is gonna go bad today. I’m one of them. 

Gut feelings and instinct are normally correct.

#PrayForBWFC 

Edited by Ratwhite

What have I missed in the last 12 hours?

O shit really he is claiming that bollocks about the letter

King of Bahrain, holy shit 

Howard not seeming confident to being smug about the potential deal

I'm confused.....AGAIN

• Site Supporter

I really can't see how high powered people trying to buy a football club for several million pounds would do something so amateurish as to not cover all bases and have Ken saying he never received the letter. Just won't happen unless he gets a judge as bent as his business cronies

Change of tack slightly......

I’m a little confused over the players strike action. Some reports say 48 hrs, suggesting therefore that they’ll turn up tomorrow.

However other outlets state:

Phil Parkinson’s playing staff have informed the club they will not be returning to training until March’s salaries – due to all employees last Friday – have been paid in full.

Which one is it I wonder? 

13 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

For some reason I have an image of Howard walking in to a dimly lit room, a sheikh spins round in his chair behind a desk (possibly with a cat on his arm aka inspector gadget style) and passes a folder across the table 

“give the peasants this” 

‘yes your highness’

then she leaves, opens the file, takes in the info, opens her laptop and logs in to wways 

😂😂😂 quality!! This got so ridiculous now it’s hilarious

Just now, Daveh said:

Change of tack slightly......

I’m a little confused over the players strike action. Some reports say 48 hrs, suggesting therefore that they’ll turn up tomorrow.

However other outlets state:

Phil Parkinson’s playing staff have informed the club they will not be returning to training until March’s salaries – due to all employees last Friday – have been paid in full.

Which one is it I wonder? 

I heard it was until they were either paid or on the outcome of the hearing, whichever came first

Just now, Pricey said:

What you thinking Johnny? Is this going to happen? Is there going to a club you can take the grandkids to?

I really hope so mate

Let's hope any judge sees through slimey Ken's attempt to derail the deal