Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I honestly think it's a real shame that a legitimate supporter's trust doesn't exist. I remember being excited about it when it first came out, but it seems be nothing but a disappointment. 

A well ran supporters trust could of helped this club massively but our's had to be run by idiots/old farts one of the many downfalls in how the club is in the state it is in. Look at Portsmouth supporters trust & what they did for their club.  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

A well ran supporters trust could of helped this club massively but our's had to be run by idiots/old farts one of the many downfalls in how the club is in the state it is in. Look at Portsmouth supporters trust & what they did for their club.  

the ST is a bigger joke than the Club... and thats saying something.

4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Didn't they get the investment from local businesses and supports and then bought the club?

• Site Supporter

I can’t wait for the ST’s press release once the take over happens, where they promise to monitor the the new owners and make sure they are accountable for all their decisions etc...

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I can’t wait for the ST’s press release once the take over happens, where they promise to monitor the the new owners and make sure they are accountable for all their decisions etc...

Do fans have a say regarding the existence of the ST?

8 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Didn't they get the investment from local businesses and supports and then bought the club?

Eventually they did, I think more local business bought into the idea of the Portsmouth supporters trust as it was ran well.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Do fans have a say regarding the existence of the ST?

You can join and try to change it from within.

Or if evidence of wrong doing, presumably there's some way of legally taking them to task.

They do have a legal right to exist though, just a bit shit at doing it.

13 minutes ago, tomski said:

Lots of frustration on here which is understandable. Personally I couldn’t give two shits what the ST are doing currently

Aye, I don't see the Supporters Trust responsible for the club's plight in any way.I blame irresponsible owners for gambling all the club's Sky money down the shitter.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Aye, I don't see the Supporters Trust responsible for the club's plight in any way.I blame irresponsible owners for gambling all the club's Sky money down the shitter.

eh, who is blaming the ST for anything... other than talking shit and fleecing a few fans of their hard earned??

10 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Not blaming ST for the downfall of the club, the only reason they came about was because of the downfall, but what have they done since forming?

20 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

nobody is blaming them for anything.....it's just odd that they had a lot to say before, and now appear to have gone mute

8 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Not blaming ST for the downfall of the club, the only reason they came about was because of the downfall, but what have they done since forming?

I joined initially & even paid subs for the first couple of years officially still in it .

Chicken & egg situation as has been outlined before ie get in and change it or lob in criticism fom the outside.Cant honestly say I have been tempted by the first option as I've done my stint as a union rep in a past life not quite the same but taking shit from every man & his dog is part of the job.

For the record they have been lamentable but heyho there I go lobbing some crap at them.