Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Tell him you now identify as an Aboriginal / Torres straight islander and demand his stapler and mouse mat as reparations. 

He's actually a dead ringer for that bounce by the ounce bloke, I'm not wading into his territorial dispute he's about 7 foot tall :lol:

5 minutes ago, white noise said:

14-1 to win at Wycombe on Bet 365, if it happens today, it won’t last long! Never seen single match odds like that before. If takeover doesn't happen, match postponed and stake refunded.

It's never happening today.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, GeorgeTomlinson said:

An announcement is set to be made at 18:00hrs today, confirming full completion of the FV takeover.

Saturdays game will go ahead. 

are you somebody of signficance?

20 minutes ago, GeorgeTomlinson said:

An announcement is set to be made at 18:00hrs today, confirming full completion of the FV takeover.

Not having it for the simple reason if you went to Geoge Tom's you wouldn't be proud of it.  Nice try 😉

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, GeorgeTomlinson said:

For some reason I smell smiley

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Because we have 6 senior players on the books who all want paying in full before they will play. There isn't the money to do that until the takeover injects some. Additionally because the squad is incomplete the league wanted us to show how we can participate in the game on Saturday with a "proper squad" - they don't want us registering our young lads as first teamers for one game - which I personally think is fair enough (we're talking academy lads here - they need special registrations to play). Especially given its not like the admins could supplement a team of kids with some senior players.

Even if FV complete, by the time they've paid off the debts there isn't going to anything left to afford to get quality experienced professionals in and given that we're on negative points anyway throwing money at crap seems both a waste of time and dosh.

If you also factor in that we're currently losing our best young players for next to nothing doesn't it make sense to fill the squad with kids? - and if we're getting anyone in, spending what we have on more kids - and giving them a season to gain experience alongside the older donkeys we already have? I think I'd prefer to start the 20/21 season with a core of young talent that has been tried and tested and who would be far more likely to be loyal to BWFC than a bunch of crap mercenaries who will cost more money and probably be relegated anyway.

We might get battered every week for one season but...

* We get the sympathy vote from the stay away fans who might just get behind them

* We get a reputation amongst young prospects as a club that is serious about developing young players and giving them an opportunity to play - thereby attracting better quality kids in the future

* We come back stronger and build some sort of foundation/strategy to take the club forward on a lower budget

* We sort the wheat from the chaff early doors instead of keeping the no-hopers on the books for years

* We save money so when we do have to buy experienced players there's more of a chance of being able to afford a bit of quality

* The senior players will love - and benefit from - the experience of helping to develop younger players

Obviously I'd be happier with this approach if Connell, Turner, Politic etc were involved, but we have to start somewhere and I can't envisage a better time then now given that this season is pretty much a free hit.

11 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Even if FV complete, by the time they've paid off the debts there isn't going to anything left to afford to get quality experienced professionals in and given that we're on negative points anyway throwing money at crap seems both a waste of time and dosh.

If you also factor in that we're currently losing our best young players for next to nothing doesn't it make sense to fill the squad with kids? - and if we're getting anyone in, spending what we have on more kids - and giving them a season to gain experience alongside the older donkeys we already have? I think I'd prefer to start the 20/21 season with a core of young talent that has been tried and tested and who would be far more likely to be loyal to BWFC than a bunch of crap mercenaries who will cost more money and probably be relegated anyway.

* We get the sympathy vote from the stay away fans who might just get behind them

* We get a reputation amongst young prospects as a club that is serious about developing young players and giving them an opportunity to play - thereby attracting better quality kids in the future

* We come back stronger and build some sort of foundation/strategy to take the club forward on a lower budget

* We sort the wheat from the chaff early doors instead of keeping the no-hopers on the books for years

* We save money so when we do have to buy experienced players there's more of a chance of being able to afford a bit of quality

* The senior players will love - and benefit from - the experience of helping to develop younger players

Obviously I'd be happier with this approach if Connell, Turner, Politic etc were involved, but we have to start somewhere and I can't envisage a better time then now given that this season is pretty much a free hit.

Utter madness.

15 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

It's a nice idea but no way will Bolton fans accept getting battered every week in L1. Empty ground guaranteed by mid September.  I'm not deluded, if we survive we are in for a hell of a struggle but we have to aim a bit higher than that.

17 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Great masterplan. Being battered every week is just what we (and young lads) need. 

1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

You have got to be joking !