Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 hours ago, Boothy said:

Embarrassed to be a Bolton fan? Get a fucking grip. The situation is embarrassing and an indictment of the modern football era but one thing they can't take is our pride of Bolton Wanderers. 

I think he is referring to wanky chops king ken has bought embarrassment on. Not in being a fan of the club.

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think he is referring to wanky chops king ken has bought embarrassment on. Not in being a fan of the club.

“People are embarrassed to be a Bolton fan, that’s the saddest thing,” he says.

59 minutes ago, Boothy said:

“People are embarrassed to be a Bolton fan, that’s the saddest thing,” he says.

I can't believe anyone could read that article and that line be the main take away. It's pretty obvious what he was trying to say.

If the PFA have loaned money to pay players and that’s enough to pacify the EFL, and there’s 11 lads prepared to pull a jersey on kick off then the match will go ahead. 

It’s the rest of the season that’s the problem. 

Oz might be speaking for himself, but the takeover isn’t happening today or any time soon, but we will limp through till it does. 

It’s probably not even real. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

If the PFA have loaned money to pay players and that’s enough to pacify the EFL, and there’s 11 lads prepared to pull a jersey on kick off then the match will go ahead. 

It’s the rest of the season that’s the problem. 

Oz might be speaking for himself, but the takeover isn’t happening today or any time soon, but we will limp through till it does. 

It’s probably not even real. 

The loan is to FV and only happens when takeover completes. I have it on very good authority that there is no match without the takeover. Has to be done today. But we’ve said that for past few weeks.

37 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The loan is to FV and only happens when takeover completes. I have it on very good authority that there is no match without the takeover. Has to be done today. But we’ve said that for past few weeks.

Ah right didn’t know that. Thought it was just to get us through. 

Its been asked before but why? Other clubs have played in admin, why can’t we? 

I feel tired me, like I do at the end of the season not the start.

Meanwhile there's a cockney bloke in my office who "identifies as Australian". Supports them over England in any sporting event, Sydney opera House as his screensaver, even puts an Aussie twang in his voice now and again.

He's here in his Australia cricket shirt and it's riling me up.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ah right didn’t know that. Thought it was just to get us through. 

Its been asked before but why? Other clubs have played in admin, why can’t we? 

Because we have 6 senior players on the books who all want paying in full before they will play. There isn't the money to do that until the takeover injects some. Additionally because the squad is incomplete the league wanted us to show how we can participate in the game on Saturday with a "proper squad" - they don't want us registering our young lads as first teamers for one game - which I personally think is fair enough (we're talking academy lads here - they need special registrations to play). Especially given its not like the admins could supplement a team of kids with some senior players. 

The bottom line is the club side is insolvent. The admins are refusing to sell tickets for this reason - because if they sell tickets they become liable. Its in everyone's interests for the takeover to happen and happen today. Though I guess the solicitors working on it aren't going to rush and lose their hourly rate....

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Meanwhile there's a cockney bloke in my office who "identifies as Australian". Supports them over England in any sporting event, Sydney opera House as his screensaver, even puts an Aussie twang in his voice now and again.

Tell him you now identify as an Aboriginal / Torres straight islander and demand his stapler and mouse mat as reparations. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Bloody hell - I don't even get that level of knobspanking here!

Ask the halfwit has he any recommendations for a good brand of sandpaper.

12 hours ago, gonzo said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/31/family-lives-ruined-one-young-player-evicted-flat-human-cost/

presume this has been posted.

intresting the line at the end. 

Not a chance in hell we won’t be hearing from KA. He will fire the last bullet that’s for certain. 

If it were the case that KA had taken £550K (or the £525K mentioned in the BL accounts) for his own use in 2017 when, despite ED writing off  £198m, Burnden Leisure still had creditors due in one year of £38m, every ounce of newspaper bile would be more than justified. But is that what really happened?

KA remained dependent on ED support until ED's last living breath in September 2018 and its hard to see how the club would get through to Christmas 2017 without ED coming up with  substantial cash support between June and December 2017. So would ED have countenanced such a payment to KA? Most unlikely imo but in any case we know from the Inner Circle accounts that KA had to find £472K to gain control from Holdsworth and prevent foreclosure by Blumarble, without which ED's hopes or ambitions of a solvent sale would have been crushed. In due course a solvent sale would prove impossible even with Holdsworth out of the way.

Its interesting, albeit not new, that journos have a tendency to grasp dubious simplicities and prone to be easily led.

Edited by Chris Custodiet