Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

I thought I'd made so much progression this year- lost weight, felt good... Cutting down the booze

And it all comes crashing; I'm probably equally at fault for a toxic relationship, but I've been slapped again and resorted to glassing myself to prevent her from doing it as she told me she wanted to... Can't be doing with another fucking year like this

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I thought I'd made so much progression this year- lost weight, felt good... Cutting down the booze

And it all comes crashing; I'm probably equally at fault for a toxic relationship, but I've been slapped again and resorted to glassing myself to prevent her from doing it as she told me she wanted to... Can't be doing with another fucking year like this

Fucking hell.

Domestic abuse can happen by either party and you don't have to accept it.

Plenty of charities- here's an advisory place, maybe give them a call.

https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

You need to get out of there pal.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Domestic abuse is a no no. Plenty if charities as it happens to a lot of Blokes. 

If you need to ring the plod on her do so, just make sure you record the worst of it first. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

So I've finally admitted to myself I had post natal depression at the beginning of the year. Never got help with it, never talked about it much. Just cried and cried. Add to that I became a single Mum of two, I left my house 'for a few weeks' whilst it was renovated. That few weeks became 8 months. Now I'm back home with my babies, I don't cry anymore, I met a wonderful man who makes me happier than I've ever been before. Oh and I'm starting a new job hopefully next year. 2022 has ended a lot better than it started. 

Good to hear you're ending on a high:) 

Post natal depressions grim, seen it hit people badly. 

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

So I've finally admitted to myself I had post natal depression at the beginning of the year. Never got help with it, never talked about it much. Just cried and cried. Add to that I became a single Mum of two, I left my house 'for a few weeks' whilst it was renovated. That few weeks became 8 months. Now I'm back home with my babies, I don't cry anymore, I met a wonderful man who makes me happier than I've ever been before. Oh and I'm starting a new job hopefully next year. 2022 has ended a lot better than it started. 

Nice to see a W as the kids say. Well done.

3 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I'm literally crying in the street- dunno if I'll be allowed in 

You all know I'm far from b perfect, two sides etc

Appreciate I’m not a great help here but have you anywhere else you can go? Doesn’t sound like home is the best idea.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Appreciate I’m not a great help here but have you anywhere else you can go? Doesn’t sound like home is the best idea.

A cool off sounds like a good idea.

Dr- you could ring the people I put a link up to earier. Or Google and find any help line. They WILL help.

It's probably wrong I took the picture; sometimes you need to document where you are at... Conversely, things need to be kept in house... 

I find myself arguing with my own morals... At least I'm entering the new year dry, if not warm, might have piles... At least I can hear my kids xx

• Site Supporter

Nothing wrong with taking the picture, no need to question yourself.

But, your head is a mess and it's natural to be filled with self doubt.

That cut needs cleaning, and checking that it's only superficial. 

Is hearing your children helping or making you more upset?

Are you at all concerned for their safety?

Honest answers should help you make your move the best one. Particularly the second- if you genuinely are, then you must ring the police.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Kids are fine... I've got cuts all over the gaff

Seriously, get yourself off to A&E. Order a taxi. It will be a wait, but shouldn't be quite as bad through minors.

You'll be somewhere warm and possibly someone on the staff you can have a chat with.

Your kids are safe so you don't need to worry about them, and right now, huddled in a porch on your own is miserable and you'll just ruminate.

Should give you the opportunity you calm down a bit and help you make more reasoned decisions.

Check you've enough phone charge too.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seriously, get yourself off to A&E. Order a taxi. It will be a wait, but shouldn't be quite as bad through minors.

You'll be somewhere warm and possibly someone on the staff you can have a chat with.

Your kids are safe so you don't need to worry about them, and right now, huddled in a porch on your own is miserable and you'll just ruminate.

Should give you the opportunity you calm down a bit and help you make more reasoned decisions.

Check you've enough phone charge too.

This.. get yourself to a and e.. you can then speak to a nurse and explain and they'll help. 

They're trained for those type of disclosures and can direct you. And sort your cut at the same time.

Don't play it down it is what it is, you're escaping domestic abuse