Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

Theres folk on here I know in real life who are absolutely sound of mind in real life, not a problem in the world and all round sound as fuck people yet if you judged them on the way they post in here you'd have them in a straight jacket and off to Bedlam by midday.

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

What a load of bollocks.

Using someone’s mental health against them because they disagree with you on a politics thread is some next level shithousery. 

Mental health struggles are normal, not being okay is normal, it happens to the best in the world. Sadly, it’s opinions like yours that mean some people are still reluctant to speak when it matters. 

I’m not concerned about folk disagreeing with me on any thread. What does concern me is folk lashing out repeatedly in a personal manner, I’ve sometimes (not often) been guilty of it and for that I apologise, however having had close family members and friends who’ve suffered with mental issues I know that when feeling low that lashing out verbally or physically can happen, hence my comments about being kind… I’ll be practicing what I preach on that in future. Those suffering with mental health have my best wishes as I know through personal experience of loved ones how tough it can be. 

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

What does it explain?
Why would you have to be nice to what you term 'manics'?

PS I'm not sure manics is an acceptable way of describing people who admitted to having mental health issues, but I am, of course, a left wing tree hugging bed wetting smelly unwashed wetwipe snowflake, according to some.

It was meant to lighten the mood… bit of fun.. perhaps this ain’t the place for it… it’s surprising how everyone picks up on the “manics” but not the “be kind” part of my post , as I said I leave you all to it. x

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was meant to lighten the mood… bit of fun.. perhaps this ain’t the place for it… it’s surprising how everyone picks up on the “manics” but not the “be kind” part of my post , as I said I leave you all to it. x

You didn't make yourself very clear, mate, that's all.

No need to throw your toys out.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

No toys thrown, hopefully it’s now clear. 

Yes, mate. It's not always easy to convey light-heartedness in text,as I think we've all found at times in the past.

Maybe put a smiley face on it next time 😉

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I probably through my toys out to me fair.

Couldn’t resist biting, just seemed very vague what you were getting at as the comment was directed towards everyone.

Suppose that is the problem with written word it can be one dimensional,,, especially when you don't know the person writing it.... again I have been guilty of taking posts slightly out of context... no problem with you biting. Better put a smiley here. :)

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I will leave you boys and girls to it on this thread from here on in.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

as I said I leave you all to it. x

57 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll just bugger off now and leave it be. 

🤔

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I got your be kind point. Maybe you should have said #bekind. Anyone unsure, look up the meaning.
Lots of hypocrisy on here. A sensitive subject that should apply across all threads on here, not just this one.

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

🤔

Folk keep quoting him - I guess that's why MK is replying. You'd probably have a whinge if he didn't reply....

I took it as light hearted when he said manics. Even before he had to justify himself..

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Mental health awareness week apparently.

Hows everyone doing?

All good here. Bit disappointed @Spider isn’t paying me any rent for living in my mind constantly but you can’t have it all😂

How are you?

Edited by tomski

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, tomski said:

All good here. Bit disappointed @Spider isn’t paying me any rent for living in my mind constantly but you can’t have it all😂

How are you?

Enjoy the experience of having me in there.

Many have.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tomski said:

How are you?

I find he's always accommodating to finding alternative ways of paying his rent 

So much so I've put his up

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Mental health awareness week apparently.

Hows everyone doing?

Feeling good this week. Had a tough few weeks before we had a weekend away. Weird how you convince yourself you are fine yet your body ends up showing you that you are not. I felt embarrassed at first admitting I was struggling but realised now it doesn’t matter what folk think as they will think it anyway. 

Got Manchester half on Sunday and then I begin a training plan for berlin and Amsterdam which I hope gets me back fully in the game when it comes to happiness. 

one thing I will add, and I know I am rambling, but always speak up and be honest with the doctor. There are some great services available you just need speak up and get the ball rolling.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Up and down. Amazing how getting a new job can be such a huge boost in that there’s obviously good reason that you got it, and yet two months down the line often find myself feeling not the tiniest bit worthy or capable.

Imposter syndrome in full effect. Mad contraptions our brains :(

Edited by gonzo

4 hours ago, tomski said:

How are you?

Psychology miles better than I was a couple months ago. Better weather and lighter mornings helped massively.

Still swimming against the tide with work, spinnning plates all over the gaff and working 7 days still. Can deal with all tiredness though. 

We march on.

47 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Psychology miles better than I was a couple months ago. Better weather and lighter mornings helped massively.

Still swimming against the tide with work, spinnning plates all over the gaff and working 7 days still. Can deal with all tiredness though. 

We march on.

On that note mate, how is your kid doing?