Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

My lad was diagnosed with epilepsy in the last few weeks after several months of seizures which I am absolutely convinced was linked to his stress and anxiety from moving down south.

I'm convinced mine came on, at least in part, as a result of stress. Though clearly a few too many the night before also played its part.

Not sure if medically it's proven, but anecdotally I'd guess plenty would say similar.

Hope he's OK, and getting suitable medication/treatment. 

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

My lad was diagnosed with epilepsy in the last few weeks after several months of seizures which I am absolutely convinced was linked to his stress and anxiety from moving down south.

There’s very definitely a link to stress especially in children. Decent article from Epilepsy Action. Might be worth having a chat with them. They are very good

https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/living/health/stress-and-epilepsy

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm convinced mine came on, at least in part, as a result of stress. Though clearly a few too many the night before also played its part.

Not sure if medically it's proven, but anecdotally I'd guess plenty would say similar.

Hope he's OK, and getting suitable medication/treatment. 

11 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There’s very definitely a link to stress especially in children. Decent article from Epilepsy Action. Might be worth having a chat with them. They are very good

https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/living/health/stress-and-epilepsy

Cheers both. He's been on medication for a couple of weeks now so hopefully that will help to control things. 

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Makes you wonder if you were having an “aura”? Linked to impaired awareness (or complex partial) seizures

https://www.epilepsy.com/stories/seizures-and-headaches-they-dont-have-go-together

Interesting. 

Can't remember any flashing light type stuff. Would just start with a headache which would also have nausea and light/noise issues too. Always lay down in a quiet, shaded bedroom after two paracetamol and it would gradually ease.

Certainly had those postictal headaches, after a seizure. Coupled with general exhaustion, and sometimes a swolen tongue.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ta.

Went and helped out at the local farm, making sausage meat then forming the links. Ready for Christmas orders. Don't need A1 vision for that :)

That's good 

Not that were things bad enough you have your eye sight issues 

A further complication when you don't really need one 

Ive not been working from Monday just gone till new year and in that time I've done somewhere between fuck all and Christmas shopping

I won't get paid for it but the break has been excellent 

The other half didn't give me a list of jobs to do, which usually happens when I have a day off 

Still woke up at the usual time though 

1 hour ago, batton carrier said:

i dont post on here much. Always reading posts and feel part of it if only from afar.

i wish everyone all the very best for christmas and please keep this thread going. 

I have struggled on and off with issues all my life. But always got through .

Lost my mum this year thought i was ok . Today i have realised that i am just wearing a mask to hide the sadness.She wasnt the easiest to live with, but she was the one I went to when i was on my arse. I am surrounded by people i love but i have never ever felt so alone.

Life can be a cunt sometimes,look after yourselves and everyone around you.

As swanny says there’s plenty on here to help if you need it so reach out if needed

Tomorrow I’ll leave Mrs Manc and her family to have their Christmas celebration and drive to Bolton and pick my mum up to take her to my brothers. Not had Christmas dinner with my Mrs since 2008 which was the last one my mum and dad had together before he died. Mother vs Wife and there’s only ever one winner. If I didn’t drive across and pick her up I’m sure that the old goat would get herself to my brothers but I just can’t let that happen

Hope you get through it OK

9 hours ago, batton carrier said:

i dont post on here much. Always reading posts and feel part of it if only from afar.

i wish everyone all the very best for christmas and please keep this thread going. 

Lost my mum this year thought i was ok . Today i have realised that i am just wearing a mask to hide the sadness.She wasnt the easiest to live with, but she was the one I went to when i was on my arse. I am surrounded by people i love but i have never ever felt so alone.

Always tough. I had an amazing childhood but my mum was an absolute cunt the last few years of her life. Doesn’t mean she’s not missed occasionally.

you’ve always got people who you can talk to on here. Best bunch of not rights and weirdos anyone could ask for.

as long as we have bwfc you will never be alone.

6 hours ago, Big E said:

Always tough. I had an amazing childhood but my mum was an absolute cunt the last few years of her life. Doesn’t mean she’s not missed occasionally.

you’ve always got people who you can talk to on here. Best bunch of not rights and weirdos anyone could ask for.

as long as we have bwfc you will never be alone.

Amen.

Merry Christmas you bunch of headcases :D

xxx

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, batton carrier said:

@gonzo has a couple of videos that might brighten things a little.

Do you have any allergies to cow dung?