Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Have we seen/are we seeing the peak of this new strain up ere yet then?

I'm sure I heard some scientific bod say that we should be getting near the peak in the next couple of weeks, and that they think we could unfortunately push towards 1500~2000 deaths per day, before it starts to reduce. I'm assuming they're basing that on the amount of people that require hospital treatment, which is still rising. Presumably, this week is seeing those who caught it at Xmas being admitted to the hospitals

• Site Supporter

I’ve been reading up on infectious diseases, specifically flu’s, smallpox, Ebola etc.

Basically, coronavirus has become the perfect disease to cause havoc.

It’ll be a disease that wipes us out. 100%

Just now, Spider said:

I’ve been reading up on infectious diseases, specifically flu’s, smallpox, Ebola etc.

It will thin out the population for sure (no play on words intended). Survival of the fittest

• Site Supporter

74% of all infectious diseases we catch as humans came from animals (mainly pigs, goats and bats). All influenzas in particular have crossed species boundaries because we live in such close proximity to farm animals. 

not all that long ago, humans would allow pigs and goats into their houses to stop them being stolen. Bat droppings would litter the floor of single story dwellings.

In modern day China, bats are eaten, fondled and God knows what else. Bats are a known breeding ground for infectious diseases.

The chinks really need to stop fucking about with bats.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

74% of all infectious diseases we catch as humans came from animals (mainly pigs, goats and bats). All influenzas in particular have crossed species boundaries because we live in such close proximity to farm animals. 

not all that long ago, humans would allow pigs and goats into their houses to stop them being stolen. Bat droppings would litter the floor of single story dwellings.

In modern day China, bats are eaten, fondled and God knows what else. Bats are a known breeding ground for infectious diseases.

And making viruses in labs 

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

If it continues to mutate, then it'll be a bit of a hassle, especially if it mutates to the point where the current vaccine doesn't work.

As an aside, one of my contacts has told me that they've had another breakout near to their factory in China this week  -they've gone into an instant 3 week lockdown - which I think is only local, but basically he's said they're not allowed to leave their apartments until February.

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And making viruses in labs 

I agree, but if we want them to stop it, then we'll have to stop doing it as well, as will every other country in the world, sadly nobody is going to stop doing that

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

I'm not sure they're eaten all that often these days. I've asked, generally in a piss taking way, and none of my contacts have ever eaten bat, or seen bat meat for sale - although they're in the larger cities, maybe they do out in the sticks.

The Chinese do eat some weird shit though, it must be said. And the cheeky fuckers think we're wrong 'uns for eating cheese! 

51 minutes ago, Spider said:

There's a school of thought that is the reason pig products are considered haram. 

Makes sense when you think about it (once you've taken the sky wizard out of the equation).

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

He hasn't.

But it does sound like he's suggested we should draw up legislation to deal with people attending anti vax rallies during the lockdown.

...that makes a bit more sense, and he's right about that (or people attending any rally for that matter)

15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

He hasn't.

But it does sound like he's suggested we should draw up legislation to deal with people attending anti vax rallies during the lockdown.

Thanks, must have misheard in passing.

All rallies should be banned in lockdown anyway, I thought they were?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Thanks, must have misheard in passing.

All rallies should be banned in lockdown anyway, I thought they were?

They are, maybe they need strengthening so the police can shoot them.

A few were arrested outside Parliament yesterday. Turnips.