Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Was thinking that myself, when the EU folds....which it will....what will happen then ?

His customers could well return before then.

I know we're still in transition, but folk seem to forget we have left the EU.

No doubt deals were being discussed (perhaps on the back burner during covid) all over, including with the EU.

Patel just agreed a deal with France over refugees/illegals, shows that things are going on and can be done.

No doubt the pandemic will mess with economies all over, but I still reckon a reasonable deal will be agreed with the EU, and we'll all pick up steadily.

1 minute ago, royal white said:

900 mile of border, do you really think they stopped people entering?Β 

Do you really think you can actually get across At Β all points of theΒ 900 miles of the border? It may well have 900 miles of land border but it certainly isn’t accessibleΒ 

so as far as the actual border crossing points I would say absolutely they stopped them. But I mayΒ wellΒ be wrong?

Edited by Escobarp

20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Do you really think you can actually get across At Β all points of theΒ 900 miles of the border? It may well have 900 miles of land border but it certainly isn’t accessibleΒ 

so as far as the actual border crossing points I would say absolutely they stopped them. But I mayΒ wellΒ be wrong?

No not all 900 miles but definitely a few of them, like most borders around the world. Regardless if none of the 900 were accessible or not I still find it hard to believe that they have had 0 deaths from corona.Β Β Β 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

No not all 900 miles but definitely a few of them, like most borders around the world. Regardless if none of the 900 were accessible or not I still find it hard to believe that they have had 0 deaths from corona.Β Β Β 

I also don’t believe it either. But then again I don’t believe most of the numbers.
I do think ours won’t be far off Although undoubtedly Will be more.Β and I hope the US isn’t much higher as theirs is just unreal. Seen before 15k new cases in Florida in The last day!!!

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I also don’t believe it either. But then again I don’t believe most of the numbers.
I do think ours won’t be far off Although undoubtedly Will be more.Β and I hope the US isn’t much higher as theirs is just unreal. Seen before 15k new cases in Florida in The last day!!!

If our numbers are right thenΒ I feel a lot of other countries are bull shitting to keep their numbersΒ low,Β Β if the countries that I think are bullshitting are right then I think we have massively fucked upΒ with our numbers.Β 

20 minutes ago, royal white said:

If our numbers are right thenΒ I feel a lot of other countries are bull shitting to keep their numbersΒ low,Β Β if the countries that I think are bullshitting are right then I think we have massively fucked upΒ with our numbers.Β 

I just think in Europe they’re using different Β metrics which is understating it significantly . In the Far East it’s a shambles. China bring the worst. God knows how many they’ve lost.Β 

32 minutes ago, Spider said:

America is utterly fucked

And their leader was high fiving his golf buddies today.

Β 

15,200 new cases in Florida today that the worst day ever even worse than NY at its peak

The Don was in Florida yesterday at no point was Covid even mentioned not once just more BS about shit that really doesn't matter

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

One awful aspect of this is the lag between cases and deaths. Whatever they do in Florida now they're probably going to see that death rate rise inexorably over the next couple of weeks.Β 

Florida has a massive over 65's population. Mainly playing golf.

If they don't get it under control, it'll be horrendous.

Fair to say hot weather isn't stopping transmission.

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Florida has a massive over 65's population. Mainly playing golf.

If they don't get it under control, it'll be horrendous.

Fair to say hot weather isn't stopping transmission.

What about thoughts and prayers?

Not the greatest news if theres truthin it

People who have recovered from Covid-19 may lose their immunity to the disease within months, according to research suggesting the virus could reinfect people year after year, like common colds.

In the first longitudinal study of its kind, scientists analysed the immune response of more than 90 patients and healthcare workers at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS foundation trust and found levels of antibodies that can destroy the virus peaked about three weeks after the onset of symptoms then swiftly declined.

Blood tests revealed that while 60% of people marshalled a β€œpotent” antibody response at the height of their battle with the virus, only 17% retained the same potency three months later. Antibody levels fell as much as 23-fold over the period. In some cases, they became undetectable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/12/immunity-to-covid-19-could-be-lost-in-months-uk-study-suggests

9 minutes ago, Morizio said:

A 30 year old in the US has died of it after attending a coronavirus party.Β 

What did he/she expect from a coronavirus party?Β 

51 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

What did he/she expect from a coronavirus party?Β 

I don’t know, caught the story on the lunch news.
Β 

Shows that there’s folk out there who don’t take it serious, which is all good and well but then they should make sure they don’t come into contact with those who are takingΒ it seriously.Β 

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Most folk usuallyΒ get a few years worth of dimishing immunity, so will be surpising if this is any different - it will end up being part of the annual flu shot I bet.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

Most folk usuallyΒ get a few years worth of dimishing immunity, so will be surpising if this is any different - it will end up being part of the annual flu shot I bet.

Is it still changing less rapidly than other viruses?

Might be able to kick it into touch if a vaccine is sorted?

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is it still changing less rapidly than other viruses?

Might be able to kick it into touch if a vaccine is sorted?

The changes so far don't appear to be in the part of the genome that isΒ involved inΒ  the mechanism that enables the virus to gain entry into human cells,Β  and theres no sign that its become more virulent either, so as long as that continues, the longer the initial vaccineΒ antibodies mightΒ be effective.Β 

This explains it better

https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.org/en/article/cad0013/

The study that Ziggy has posted is saying antibodies are still measurableΒ several months after infection, but some of those that have had a mild case don't have a high prevelance of them in their blood. This is normal.

I doubt the vaccine will kick it into touch for several years, and possibly never - it might do much further down the line but I think its more likely that Covid will gradually weaken itself - most viruses that infect largeΒ amounts of hosts usually favour a less virulent strain.

China supposedly vaccinated the military a few weeks ago but nothing has been reported, which sounds like it didn't work so well, or it didn't happen....

Best info we have at the moment still says it's gong to be end of the year before we can see if we have a decent vaccine - and it will take best part of another year to get billions of vaccines made and adminstered - so unless you're lucky and in a trail with an effective vaccine, probably not going to get it for a year at least.

Β 

Β 

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

The changes so far don't appear to be in the part of the genome that isΒ involved inΒ  the mechanism that enables the virus to gain entry into human cells,Β  and theres no sign that its become more virulent either, so as long as that continues, the longer the initial vaccineΒ antibodies mightΒ be effective.Β 

This explains it better

https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.org/en/article/cad0013/

The study that Ziggy has posted is saying antibodies are still measurableΒ several months after infection, but some of those that have had a mild case don't have a high prevelance of them in their blood. This is normal.

I doubt the vaccine will kick it into touch for several years, and possibly never - it might do much further down the line but I think its more likely that Covid will gradually weaken itself - most viruses that infect largeΒ amounts of hosts usually favour a less virulent strain.

China supposedly vaccinated the military a few weeks ago but nothing has been reported, which sounds like it didn't work so well, or it didn't happen....

Best info we have at the moment still says it's gong to be end of the year before we can see if we have a decent vaccine - and it will take best part of another year to get billions of vaccines made and adminstered - so unless you're lucky and in a trail with an effective vaccine, probably not going to get it for a year at least.

Β 

Β 

Face coverings on then!

Definitely more people wearing them. Gradually.

On 11/07/2020 at 21:07, SatanGreavsie said:

well that's my fuckin bubble burst!Β 

I'll have to go to me back-up plan - stick on eyebrows that can be pulled down into a screen like them goggle glasses when you want toΒ access online, but then wound back up when not in use so you don't look daft. "i-browse" I call them. It's the future

Steaming up of giggs is a massive pain in the arse when wearing a mask indoors - I was in a car showroomΒ the other day and I couldnt see a fecking thing after 30 secondsΒ  -Β  masks with built in upwards facing mini fans, operated by bluetooth?

I want 33% of the profit - we can call it i-fanny.Β