Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What time can we start drinking today?

You really ought to have started. You’ve some catching up to do.

Bizarrely, I have a case of McEwan’s Export that someone bought me.

Its a @Youri McAnespie approved tipple so if I start at 2pm I should be eating my own vomit by 6

1 hour ago, Spider said:

You really ought to have started. You’ve some catching up to do.

Bizarrely, I have a case of McEwan’s Export that someone bought me.

Its a @Youri McAnespie approved tipple so if I start at 2pm I should be eating my own vomit by 6

The spoilsports reduced the percentage to 4.5% a few years back. Used to be 5.5%...

It's a drink from my childhood - before I started drinking properly, so I have fond memories of it.

Same goes for; Newcastle Brown, Stones and Lancashire Bitter, Helden Brau and Croft Original.

All pre-drinking drinks -meaning I'd pinch the odd can or swig off my parents as a young kid.

That's where I got the 'taste' - most eight year olds would find the taste of bitter repellant, I thought it was delicious.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The spoilsports reduced the percentage to 4.5% a few years back. Used to be 5.5%...

It's a drink from my childhood - before I started drinking properly, so I have fond memories of it.

Same goes for; Newcastle Brown, Stones and Lancashire Bitter, Helden Brau and Croft Original.

All pre-drinking drinks -meaning I'd pinch the odd can or swig off my parents as a young kid.

That's where I got the 'taste' - most eight year olds would find the taste of bitter repellant, I thought it was delicious.

Took the Mrs to watch Adele a few years back, it was the MEN so I knew the beer would be guff. I trotted off to the bar and asked how much was the newcy brown, the lass said it wasn’t on the till because no one buys it so she put it through as a soft drink. £2, so I ordered 5. That got me through the pain of Adele crying for 2 hours 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Took the Mrs to watch Adele a few years back, it was the MEN so I knew the beer would be guff. I trotted off to the bar and asked how much was the newcy brown, the lass said it wasn’t on the till because no one buys it so she put it through as a soft drink. £2, so I ordered 5. That got me through the pain of Adele crying for 2 hours 

I'd have ordered ten and tucked three in the waistband of my pants, drunk one there and then then three in each hand - held by the necks inbetween fingers. 😀 You'd probably would've been drunkenly singing after those.

Not to Adele - just as you staggered about the concourses before you were ejected.

Your missus would've seen the funny side I bet.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'd have ordered ten and tucked three in the waistband of my pants, drunk one there and then then three in each hand - held by the necks inbetween fingers. 😀 You'd probably would've been drunkenly singing after those.

Not to Adele - just as you staggered about the concourses before you were ejected.

Your missus would've seen the funny side I bet.

Don’t really remember the gig which wasn’t a bad thing 

Being ejected from it wasnt an option I paid £200 for those tickets. Thought she’d take her Mam not me 

• Members
Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

@Rudy

Please say for the pair?

Probably not.

Was this when she was still a heffalump an' all?

At least with most other 'girlie' acts - if dragged along you could have a perv...

Oh god yeah for them both: I thought it was a lot but it’s not too bad now looking back. 

She had a bit of plump to her. Bet she had a few newcy browns after it as well

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I imagine an Adele concert is basically a bunch of weight watchers crying whilst leaving their exes voicemails

• Members
5 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I imagine an Adele concert is basically a bunch of weight watchers crying whilst leaving their exes voicemails

It was full of low cut topped Wimmin. Train home was a Prosecco fuelled tit spillathon. Marvellous 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

When my Xmas beers have gone that’s me off it until we are out of lockdown and I can go to the pub. If that’s 3/4/5 months so be it. 

I'm thinking of going off wine and only doing beer til Easter. 

I've done dry January before and it was a hellish experience. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

When my Xmas beers have gone that’s me off it until we are out of lockdown and I can go to the pub. If that’s 3/4/5 months so be it. 

I'm warming to this idea 

Certainly January 

Was thinking just have booze at weekends 

But will give this Friday and Saturday a miss and take it from there 

My wallet and liver need a rest 

And I'm sort of bored of getting pissed every night 

Sobriety deserves a chance in 2021

• Members
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm warming to this idea 

Certainly January 

Was thinking just have booze at weekends 

But will give this Friday and Saturday a miss and take it from there 

My wallet and liver need a rest 

And I'm sort of bored of getting pissed every night 

Sobriety deserves a chance in 2021

Have you got to the point of drinking just for the sake of it?

Thats where I’m at, so gonna knock it on the head in January 

• Moderators
Just now, Rudy said:

Have you got to the point of drinking just for the sake of it?

Thats where I’m at, so gonna knock it on the head in January 

Yep 

Even telling myself I've only two more days before I can stop, eyes on the prize, just drink through it 

It's like it's my last chance