Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Members
31 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Forgive my ignorance on this as I have no idea how this endorsement lark works. I assume that it’s the top players that benefit most from it? Do they really need that extra income? Really? Fuck Facebook, Twitter, Instagram off until they start handing over the identities of the racist trolls and take a hit on their extra income for a while

It’s not directly addressing racism but it might perhaps deny the racist an avenue? I might be talking shite. I genuinely have no idea. 

22 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I've never understood why any footballers,  black or white, are on social media.

It's just asking for abuse off dickheads.

So say for example Puma sign Aguero to a deal, he probably won’t tweet or post but the people around him will have to, wearing Puma as part of his contract, no adverts, no expensive photos shoots 

On social media to millions of followers for free. 
The more followers the more money they make 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Not envy.

Facts mate. With a big fuck off cherry on top.

Take your head out of your arse and do a bit of research. And it'll never get better as long as folk like you won't acknowledge it's an issue.

Or is this another one of my 'issues'?

Cue you swerving that one. Again.

Every child has an equal opportunity of an education. Fact.

How well that is grasped is down to a load of factors. By far the biggest parents.

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How well that is grasped is down to a load of factors. By far the biggest parents.

+ Same health care and the same opportunity as any kid growing up. It's always someone else's fault for the failure of others.

• Members
23 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

+ Same health care and the same opportunity as any kid growing up. It's always someone else's fault for the failure of others.

To a degree you’re right, I grew up in a tough area not because I’m black because it was multi cultural, I just wanted more to get out of that area. I’m not exceptionally clever, not from a well off background but we’re all hard working in my family and wanted the best, that was just bred into us 
I don’t believe your race, gender , religion define your path but you have to put the work in to get there no matter who you are

49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's just not fact, though. Or at least it's only true in very broad theoretical terms.

Inequality in opportunity, or more accurately experience, can't ever properly be achieved, and as you point out there are a number of factors involved, but it's not a level playing field.

2 hours ago, royal white said:

They’ve stopped because it’s pointless, it’s an empty gesture. It’s mainly been pushed from above and now players and teams are slowly fucking it off. I don’t think us and FG took the knee at the weekend did we? 

Sadly both teams took the knee. 

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

To a degree you’re right, I grew up in a tough area not because I’m black because it was multi cultural, I just wanted more to get out of that area. I’m not exceptionally clever, not from a well off background but we’re all hard working in my family and wanted the best, that was just bred into us 
I don’t believe your race, gender , religion define your path but you have to put the work in to get there no matter who you are

Exactly

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Not envy.

Facts mate. With a big fuck off cherry on top.

Take your head out of your arse and do a bit of research. And it'll never get better as long as folk like you won't acknowledge it's an issue.

Or is this another one of my 'issues'?

Cue you swerving that one. Again.

Nothing to swerve.

these aren’t “facts”, they are bigotry.

Very sad set of biases.

What stops me getting on?

Me.

Opportunity is everywhere in this country, which is what attracts immigrants.

If you are happy to live your life with such a negative, blinkered, pessimistic outlook, that’s up to you.

Thankfully there are enough around who don’t subscribe to that self-imposed paradigm.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

So say for example Puma sign Aguero to a deal, he probably won’t tweet or post but the people around him will have to, wearing Puma as part of his contract, no adverts, no expensive photos shoots 

On social media to millions of followers for free. 
The more followers the more money they make 

But this is what gets me. Why would Aguero, just using him as an example, need to sign that endorsement contract? Is £250K a week basic wages, or whatever, not enough? Or do those wages tie them into endorsements? This is what I don’t understand. It’s this that then puts someone like Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Wilf Zaha, etc at risk of the wrath of jealous and racist fucktards. Cut off their oxygen and deny them a platform by fucking off social media

Maybe I’m too old? John Byrom stood in front of a Lada from Euroway Car Centre or stood outside Len Tobutts holding up a pair of Adidas in Shoot magazine to supplement their shite wages back in the day. Fair enough. But these days? Do they really need to do it? Open themselves up to all the shite that they will receive because they miss a penalty or make a bad tackle?

Doesnt excuse the racism in any way shape or form btw and doesn’t solve the root of the problem. 

• Members
Just now, MancWanderer said:

But this is what gets me. Why would Aguero, just using him as an example, need to sign that endorsement contract? Is £250K a week basic wages, or whatever, not enough? Or do those wages tie them into endorsements? This is what I don’t understand. It’s this that then puts someone like Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Wilf Zaha, etc at risk of the wrath of jealous and racist fucktards. Cut off their oxygen and deny them a platform by fucking off social media

Maybe I’m too old? John Byrom stood in front of a Lada from Euroway Car Centre or stood outside Len Tobutts holding up a pair of Adidas in Shoot magazine to supplement their shite wages back in the day. Fair enough. But these days? Do they really need to do it? Open themselves up to all the shite that they will receive because they miss a penalty or make a bad tackle?

Doesnt excuse the racism in any way shape or form btw and doesn’t solve the root of the problem. 

Endorsements from sports brand is worth millions, wear their gear, promote it on social media. Some players make more from endorsements than wages, easy money. It’s a relatively short career to make as much as they can.

A lot of players don’t even control their social media, it’s their management teams 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Endorsements from sports brand is worth millions, wear their gear, promote it on social media. Some players make more from endorsements than wages, easy money. It’s a relatively short career to make as much as they can.

A lot of players don’t even control their social media, it’s their management teams 

See the England players tweets from this week. Some are Almost word for word

Edited by royal white

• Members
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

See the England players tweets from this week. Some are Almost word for word

It’s nothing new mate. They all have management offices to run them. Clubs don’t want them to have free reign and damage their brand as well. 

18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Nothing to swerve.

these aren’t “facts”, they are bigotry.

Very sad set of biases.

What stops me getting on?

Me.

Opportunity is everywhere in this country, which is what attracts immigrants.

If you are happy to live your life with such a negative, blinkered, pessimistic outlook, that’s up to you.

Thankfully there are enough around who don’t subscribe to that self-imposed paradigm.

66% of judges are privately educated.

60% of doctors privately educated.

Similar figures in journalism, armed forces,banking.

That ain't bigotry. That's black and white figures. Facts.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here. Were you privately educated?

54 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Top post.

34 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You honestly believe what you posted? It wasn’t a fishing trip?

Ok Jol... can you please tell me how kids don't get a fair crack at education or how kids are treated differently by our NHS or even better you could tell me what housing/benefit situation is for these so called hard to done by. 

6 hours ago, mickbrown said:

66% of judges are privately educated.

60% of doctors privately educated.

Similar figures in journalism, armed forces,banking.

That ain't bigotry. That's black and white figures. Facts.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here. Were you privately educated?

No