Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

One thing I've noticed after the boxing this weekend is just how many people (not just off here btw) who are against the taking of the knee also don't like Anthony Joshua, Lewis Hamilton or Amir Khan but manage to come up with random reasons not to.

AJ overrated in a shite heavyweight division, I think Fury will do him, and that's fuck all to do with colour. Although it is the Heavyweight division and it only takes one big punch.

Lewis is a great world champion, thats unquestionable.

Amir's Khan, nah fuck all to do with colour and more about him being an absolute fucking bell-end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be my last post in this thread but here’s a story. When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fu

Woah baby...Im not angry!  You say  "Thats where those boos come from. Misaligned cultural battles." Im saying they dont, and know for an absolute fact they dont. Ive been over why they

I looked into my history a few years back so thought I should share.    I was born in Bolton to a Jamaican Mam, and English Dad My Mam was born in Kingston, Jamaica, owd fella like me was

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

AJ overrated in a shite heavyweight division, I think Fury will do him, and that's fuck all to do with colour. Although it is the Heavyweight division and it only takes one big punch.

What i noticed over the weekend, over various social media, was how many wanted AJ to get battered on Saturday night. Very odd.

JFTR I also think Fury will take him to the cleaners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

What i noticed over the weekend, over various social media, was how many wanted AJ to get battered on Saturday night. Very odd.

JFTR I also think Fury will take him to the cleaners.

I think you maybe reading to much into it, it seems we are consumed by social media and racial tensions, strange really, in probably the most tolerant country in the world.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Joshua is a great example - 70,000 people would turn up to see him fight a broom, with a million more paying £25 for the PPV. Doesn't suggest racism.

I think social media being against him is the general reaction you'll see when people take against someone being hyped up. Liking Joshua and thinking he's the best heavyweight in the world is for casuals, whereas real boxing fans know Fury takes him to school etc.

Khan though, would not have gotten half the shit he did from the people of Bolton if he was a white lad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe, and maybe it is just a coincidence.

 

Edit:  Just to clarify, I wasn't referring to posts of random people on social media, I was referring to people I know.

Edited by DazBob
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think you maybe reading to much into it, it seems we are consumed by social media and racial tensions, strange really, in probably the most tolerant country in the world.

Lots of people (including some on here) don't like us being "probably the most tolerant country in the world".

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I'm not sure Joshua is a great example - 70,000 people would turn up to see him fight a broom, with a million more paying £25 for the PPV. Doesn't suggest racism.

I think social media being against him is the general reaction you'll see when people take against someone being hyped up. Liking Joshua and thinking he's the best heavyweight in the world is for casuals, whereas real boxing fans know Fury takes him to school etc.

Khan though, would not have gotten half the shit he did from the people of Bolton if he was a white lad.

Bullshit, he acted like a bellend all over town, knocked a man down in 2008 and killed him, he got away with it! you think he would have learned his lesson because only last month he wrapped his 90k Merc around a road barrier on the M6, it's not about colour, it's more about him being a cunt on the roads, and there's far to many of them...and in all colours!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, royal white said:

So pretty much what many (bar the obvious few) have been saying on here. 
 

Who’d of thunk it

I think if your read the article I posted it said as much but in a less click bait fashion. It was also reference in many posts re the fans, mine included.

The fact that you choose to ignore any nuance in a discussion isn't mine or anyone else's fault - its also typical of online discussion forums in general to be fair.

Not everything is cut and dried, does this change my stance about calling out those who boo? Nope, and if you think this is done by not considering other views, again thats on you, not me.

Obvious few indeed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DazBob said:

One thing I've noticed after the boxing this weekend is just how many people (not just off here btw) who are against the taking of the knee also don't like Anthony Joshua, Lewis Hamilton or Amir Khan but manage to come up with random reasons not to.

I know lots of folk like that, but they were also big fans of Naz, Benn, Bruno, Eubank and are massive fans of other black boxers. I’m not sure why you’re trying to point out? 

Edited by royal white
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Lots of people (including some on here) don't like us being "probably the most tolerant country in the world".

So you agree we are a very tolerant country?, surely that's something to be celebrated, maybe if we concentrated on the positive and good things we do as a country regarding race, we all might start getting on better.

That's the same with climate change, let's big up what we do and what we have achieved instead of being all negative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Grey said:

So you agree we are a very tolerant country?, surely that's something to be celebrated, maybe if we concentrated on the positive and good things we do as a country regarding race, we all might start getting on better.

That's the same with climate change, let's big up what we do and what we have achieved instead of being all negative.

I think we do on the whole which is why something like Millwall became such a big news story.

The UK is a great, secular and tolerant nation overall, we have an weird case of exceptionalism that if you question some accuse you of trying to run the country down.  Lots to applaud, lots to fix as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

I think we do on the whole which is why something like Millwall became such a big news story.

The UK is a great, secular and tolerant nation overall, we have an weird case of exceptionalism that if you question some accuse you of trying to run the country down.  Lots to applaud, lots to fix as well.

Could this be the start of a beautiful relationship, that's what's needed.... ..one BIG love in 😃

Seriously though, it would make a refreshing change if we stopped talking about race and just got on with each other.

Anyone caught being racist should be dealt with the authorities, their workplace etc....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think if your read the article I posted it said as much but in a less click bait fashion. It was also reference in many posts re the fans, mine included.

The fact that you choose to ignore any nuance in a discussion isn't mine or anyone else's fault - its also typical of online discussion forums in general to be fair.

Not everything is cut and dried, does this change my stance about calling out those who boo? Nope, and if you think this is done by not considering other views, again thats on you, not me.

Obvious few indeed.

 

Not sure what article you posted but many on here have said go for the linked arms, you know the stance that’s doesn’t cause any problems. For some reason you seem to want to stick with the kneeling which is causing problems. I think that says more about you than anyone else.

With regards to ignoring posts, did you get round to posting them ONS stats that BC has repeatedly asked for?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Bullshit, he acted like a bellend all over town, knocked a man down in 2008 and killed him, he got away with it! you think he would have learned his lesson because only last month he wrapped his 90k Merc around a road barrier on the M6, it's not about colour, it's more about him being a cunt on the roads, and there's far to many of them...and in all colours!

Correct, it went to Khans head big time and he gave it big licks all over the place naff all to do with colour 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Khan was disliked by many before he ran anyone over.

Because his dad dyed his hair.  Probably.

After the Olympics I wanted him to do well, like many did at the time, fellow Boltonion, decent boxer, unfortunately he became bellend that had a glass chin and is even more of a bellend now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

See I don’t get that

he was a likeable lad when first on the scene and had many behind him it was his own doing people’s opinions changed 

I met him a few times at lads club when he came In to help do some training and he was brand new. This was just as he had become big news. I then came across him in the bar on Nelson square about 2/3 years later and he was a massive cunt. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If you were racist you wouldn’t watch boxing, most of the best boxers were black or are still black 😂

I was thinking that myself, I did like Mcguigan and Hatton though and always and still do root for Brits when it comes to world titles. 

Loved Lloyd Honeghan back in the day, proper entertaining, and the Ben, Eubank and Watson era was brilliant to watch.

Perhaps theres a disparity in the sport of Boxing and we should introduce quotas 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.