Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Correct. My main question that I enter to

understand was really wtf are they doing? I don’t get it? It just undermines everything positive about what the BLM movement is trying to achieve and get across as a message. This was predominantly black people abusing white people. So the exact thing they are complaining about in reverse. It’s insane. Worlds fucked with cretins like this on both sides of the argument 

Exactly. There's literally no point to BLM if the end result is that everyone gets to treat each other as bad as some black people have been treated. 

The point is to learn from history - not to repeat it until we all race to the bottom! 

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

it's irrelevant to the message of equality, which is what this was all about to begin with

which has now evolved into something else completely

I support the initial Black Lives Matter message

I don't support the anarchist group that has spawned from it and we can see in action in that video, but, certainly at the start, is not what BLM protests were about

I'm not sure that guy cares about the distinction

I also support the pish for equality across the world and specially where inequality is prevalent.  It must be horrific being discriminated against for the colour of your skin throughout your life which it appears in countries like the US large swathes of the ethnic groups have to tolerate. 

thankfully I believe it is far less prevalent in the UK and that’s something we should all be proud of. But not to say there isn’t work to be done to improve it as it shouldn’t exist full stop

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

I also support the pish for equality across the world and specially where inequality is prevalent.  It must be horrific being discriminated against for the colour of your skin throughout your life which it appears in countries like the US large swathes of the ethnic groups have to tolerate. 

thankfully I believe it is far less prevalent in the UK and that’s something we should all be proud of. But not to say there isn’t work to be done to improve it as it shouldn’t exist full stop

Absolutely. 

As for the march on your link, its another example and there have been plenty. Someone sooner or later is going to open fire with a semi automatic and all hell will break loose.

Really do see some parts of the USA as teetering on the edge of anarchy or civil war.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

amazing how a one letter typo can change the context of a sentance, especially when I read you posts in a Scottish accent 🙂 

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

amazing how a one letter typo can change the context of a sentance, especially when I read you posts in a Scottish accent 🙂 

Freudian slip maybe 😉  I did mean push though honest 

Quite funny that loads of you read my posts in a scottish accent. A few words in my dialect for sure but accent not so much 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Quite funny that loads of you read my posts in a scottish accent. A few words in my dialect for sure but accent not so much 

You've no discernable scottish accent. 

Mind you, used to teach/help with one lass from Edinburgh, we called her mad Mary. Delightful and bonkers at the same time. If you spent any time in her company you'd definitely start a twang.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

aye, in a Begbie accent every time, not sure why I do this but I do the same for Bolty with Alf Stewart for example

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, royal white said:

I see all this kneeling bollocks is still going on, do you think players will still do it when fans are allowed back in? 

Why not, it all started in full view of crowds in the NFL

• Members
7 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, in a Begbie accent every time, not sure why I do this but I do the same for Bolty with Alf Stewart for example

Cheeky fucker. 100% Bolton still pal. 'Fot', 'ginnel', 'meitherin' all still part of my rich repertoire :wave:

• Members
6 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Nah, he's more of a Harold Bishop 😂

No idea who this is but Dame Edna of course.

Might surprise you but the percentage of Australian TV I watch would be less than 1%. They only produce soapie garbage for 'gullible Poms'. Oh, and Fosters lager of course.

Nearly 1400 channels but the majority watched are the UK ones and sports channels.