Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Going to be fun

Ani

18 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Trouble is the "statutory undertakers" can dig wherever and whenever they want, max 3 days notice.

After your lass has made them fear for their lives you step in as Mr Reasonable and make them agree to take the top off the entire area and put down a new wearing course. Confirm it by letter (not email) as they will need to wait 6 months for the backfill to settle before returning

The guy who did the drive has basically suggested the same (I think). 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Try to find out when the very first mention of the necessary work got mentioned and by whom. These things just don’t get shoved onto someone’s list-of-holes-to-dig. They’re usually talked about and planned years in advance. If the first mention was prior to your driveway work then you can turn their own point back on them. I’m sure your driveway would’ve done until after the roadworks if you’d known a few years ago that they were going to dig it up.

Wouldn’t know a few years ago that they’d have to dig a drive up, or even when this was getting done more than likely.Loads of variables as to when a scheme gets the go ahead then the customer letters go out depending on severity of disruption etc 

Sometimes wouldn’t know if the drive needed digging up until they actually arrived on site in some circumstances 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Ani said:

You can refuse permission, they will then look for alternatives, to be honest they’ve probably looked at the alternatives already as if they could do it without digging they will do, but there should be absolutely no issue returning it to how it was. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

It's like making them sand the entire area down and giving it a full undercoat & gloss rather than just toshing a bit of paint on where they've made the cut. Take it from me they are lazy buck passing bastards

• Site Supporter

Depends on the contractor doesn't it.

The ones doing Bolton's streets were from Manchester. A sub contractor working on behalf of Balfour Betty, doing plastic pipes for the gas network.

Their work was excellent, and was inspected by BB iirc.

I'm presure there is something in the letters though whereby they make good the area dug up, but won't redo a whole area.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Depends on the contractor doesn't it.

The ones doing Bolton's streets were from Manchester. A sub contractor working on behalf of Balfour Betty, doing plastic pipes for the gas network.

Their work was excellent, and was inspected by BB iirc.

I'm presure there is something in the letters though whereby they make good the area dug up, but won't redo a whole area.

It does depend to a degree , but, there’s gsop scores to contend with from Ofgem no matter which is doing them . 
you wouldn’t believe the value of retention should customer scores be below certain KPI , forms a good chunk, customer kicking off about reinstatement  for example could effect how much they get paid, both Cadent, BB and the subby so customer satisfaction is a real driver. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, fatolive said:

It does depend to a degree , but, there’s gsop scores to contend with from Ofgem no matter which is doing them . 
you wouldn’t believe the value of retention should customer scores be below certain KPI , forms a good chunk, customer kicking off about reinstatement  for example could effect how much they get paid, both Cadent, BB and the subby so customer satisfaction is a real driver. 

Makes sense. The lads were often on site earlier than start time, friendly, approachable, would chat and inform whilst doing the work.

In fairness, the biggest issue was a small number of residents that just wanted a moan and think the world revolves around them.

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Makes sense. The lads were often on site earlier than start time, friendly, approachable, would chat and inform whilst doing the work.

In fairness, the biggest issue was a small number of residents that just wanted a moan and think the world revolves around them.

The blokes doing the work are fine. The guy said it is the complaint they get all the time. The problem is you struggle to easily get drive back to same standard without any patches. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ani said:

The blokes doing the work are fine. The guy said it is the complaint they get all the time. The problem is you struggle to easily get drive back to same standard without any patches. 

Where is this work happening? 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Ani said:

If you mean the area , Yeadon Leeds. 

I did yes, wondering if I could have assisted to be honest, Im on the gas mains replacement work in the NW and West mids  , but Yorkshire is covered by NGN , I may know who’s doing it but no influence tbh, but, you should still get a decent service as it’s all on behalf of Cadent, so don’t be fobbed off with “ that’s as good as we can do” 

55 minutes ago, fatolive said:

I did yes, wondering if I could have assisted to be honest, Im on the gas mains replacement work in the NW and West mids  , but Yorkshire is covered by NGN , I may know who’s doing it but no influence tbh, but, you should still get a decent service as it’s all on behalf of Cadent, so don’t be fobbed off with “ that’s as good as we can do” 

Ok cheers. My missus won’t let it go.