Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarah Everard

Rudy

• Site Supporter

An old mate of mine years ago was walking home pissed when he came across a fella knocking ten bells out of his missus. He went over to see if she was OK and got a load of abuse off the woman, she even jumped on his back and gouged his face with her nails. The fella then steamed in.

He luckily was handy even though very drunk and managed to shake them off saying they deserved each other.

Some fucking weird folk about.

1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

If I see a woman on a night out getting any sort of physical or verbal abuse I go in there thinking I'm well hard. How I've never been clouted myself (well other than the ex) I don't know. 

We are like a waif and stray home. Always ask if someone is OK, seems to happen a lot on late trains home when folk are drunk.

We once saw this tiny little girl, couldn't have been older than 23/24 begging. She had a wellies on as well. She was from Blackpool, asked her what on earth she was doing begging on a train to Peckham. Anyway, bought her some food, gave her 40 quid and our numbers to call if she needed help.

Two weeks later saw her on the train begging. Gave her a tenner which probably went on more smack but such a tragic sight. I doubt she made her way home, hope she's still alive.

• Site Supporter

Boris has tweeted about it now. Whilst that's fair enough, I find that slightly odd.

This copper was a Parliamentary bobby, looking after MP's and that type of thing.

Wonder if he's "known" amongst the political bods?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I think most people can say it’s not an advisable thing to do without throwing any kind of blame. Same way you wouldn’t let your kid out of sight. 

The fact it’s not an advisable thing to do is absolutely despicable and a tragic representation of our society. 

Woman should feel safe in every walk of life.  Nine times out of ten She would be safe walking that route, I’d say she’s done it many times before.

Not a chance this is a random, impulse attack imo.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

That route at 9.30.on a weekday? It should be safe as houses. The thought of blaming her for walking home is nuts.

I don't think anyone is "blaming her" as such, just pointing out that a woman walking alone at night isn't safe. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's where we are at in todays society unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I don't think anyone is "blaming her" as such, just pointing out that a woman walking alone at night isn't safe. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's where we are at in todays society unfortunately.

People are though, and if it isn't safe, we need to address that, not say to women don't walk the streets after dark.

Sorry state of affairs.

43 minutes ago, Spider said:

Boris has tweeted about it now. Whilst that's fair enough, I find that slightly odd.

This copper was a Parliamentary bobby, looking after MP's and that type of thing.

Wonder if he's "known" amongst the political bods?

They do a bit more than Parliament - drive round in red vans ands carry guns - and patrol Embassies.

He could possibly due his job without stepping anyway near Houses of Parliament

anyone watch Faking It? Kerry Daynes is a bonus, but I just watched an episode on Rhonda Kay- body never found, but manslaughter conviction made as no known cause of death. 

Fascinating stuff

We should all be safe to walk the streets, no victim can be blamed; this has happened time and time again from Jack the Ripper to Levi Belfield. Until psychopaths are eradicated it will continue to happen

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Spider said:

She’s dead and a Netflix docco is already in the works.

with the turnaround time from missing to suspect to body found to murder enquiry, this one is nailed on for 24 Hours In Police Custody

did anyone ever see the one where they had surveillance on someone who was due to pick up cash after blackmailing a bloke shagging prostitures for a few grand?

he never showed up to get the money

turns out the blackmailer was actually the copper who was asigned the job of watching the surveillance cameras waiting for the blackmailer to show up

great tv

4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Many years ago near Spennys bar in Bolton town centre myself and a couple of mates witnessed a girl having 10 bells knocked out of her by her boyfriend/husband, proper brutal stuff - had her by the hair kicking her in the head an' all that.

We just put it down to "a bad domestic" we walked on by and carried on to the next port of call .

It still bothers me to this day that we didn't intervene.

I can definitely relate to that.  Middle of the afternoon several years ago in Bury town centre and I could hear some shouting and people all looking around.  Woman crossing the road holding hands with 2 young girls on either side of her and this bloke shouts "Feckin stop there".  All 3 of them looked terrified and as he caught up with them, he punched the woman full in the face, kids were just stood there with their heads down.  Bloody haunted me for years that. 

My first instinct was not to get involved but I rang the Police, who to be fair, turned up quickly but gave the "oh it's a domestic" look to each other as I told them what had happened.  I don't think he was arrested.

18 hours ago, Cheese said:

Probably a result of having younger sisters who've told me about their experiences, but if I ever accidentally find myself walking behind a woman who I don't know, I either cross the road, take another route, or hang back until she's out of sight. It's a weird feeling thinking someone might feel intimidated by you, but it must be even weirder and scarier for you lot.

i once got asked for directions by some young wench with a baby where some street was, in the middle of the day, somehow i knew where it were but was pretty far away. 

give directions , and and walk away, look back and shes still stood there (did i do that right? i did say turn left.. i think, er....)

she looked lost as fuck so i walked them to it, and the relief on her face when she saw the street sign was bonkers. 

Never would ever hit a woman, for me it’s cowardice, just walk away, one night in chuffers a girl who I’d had a little fling with smashed me over the back of the head with a bottle just for talking to another girl. She was Bolton girl from up Deane area the crackpot. Bouncers chucked her out I just carried on with my night out. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper