Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Carlisle

gonzo

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Massive.

Sounds mad but Id rest Doyle for this.

I initially thought that Mr G but would it be better to start both Doyle and Miller to see if that works? Maybe leave Dapo out who’s been poor recently and play Miller as a No 10 with Lee moving back into midfield alongside Williams. It’s important we don’t disrupt the team too much because we are creating the chances, just not taking them. It’s a problem for IE who I’m sure wants to keep Doyle as our top scorer in the team when it’s goals we need.

Edited by Whitesince63

7 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Stick with the team / system that has brought us just 2 defeats in 18 games & taken us into the automatic promotion places.  This isn't the time to be experimenting.

Agreed

Too late for tinkering now.

Play our game to our strengths

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Stick with the team / system that has brought us just 2 defeats in 18 games & taken us into the automatic promotion places.  This isn't the time to be experimenting.

Aye

Maybe we could try this, lets try that

Dear me

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Dapo needs a goal

Rest for me pal I get his off the ball movement about a month ago but currently he’s offering nothing for me 

I’m in the rest Doyle camp. I think out of all of them he is looking the most fatigued and maybe that’s why he is missing chances. The other sign is when the ball is played to his feet he just can’t make it stick and we are losing possession. He was much better at this earlier in the season. It’s a big call and I’m glad I don’t have to make it so I trust Evan to get it right.

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He missed a complete sitter yesterday; so did others though. Think he will drop John for Brockbank but I wouldn’t 

Brockbank played well when he came on yesterday, but expecting him to play 90 minutes at left back is a disaster waiting to happen. 

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Brockbank played well when he came on yesterday, but expecting him to play 90 minutes at left back is a disaster waiting to happen. 

That’s what I think but nobody could be worse than Declan John yesterday-  his game has been poor recently but he didn’t do anything right yesterday. I would start with the same 11 though and don’t; need to play Lee further back though because he is wasted in the Sarc position

7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That’s what I think but nobody could be worse than Declan John yesterday-  his game has been poor recently but he didn’t do anything right yesterday. I would start with the same 11 though and don’t; need to play Lee further back though because he is wasted in the Sarc position

Playing Lee further back means dropping Thomason or Williams though, and that would be a bit harsh given the form that Thomason has been in. 

Start the same 11. This is the core that got us to where we are. 

'let's make up for Saturday and Newport lads'

GT on corners, let John concentrate on being a good left back. Seems crazy when you he is taking mostly shit corners from the right. 
Start Dapo but make him push on more, drives me mad when he is picking ball up deep. 

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Playing Lee further back means dropping Thomason or Williams though, and that would be a bit harsh given the form that Thomason has been in. 

Play GT a bit further fwad, so swap him and Lee. I think is what was meant.