Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

• Members
22 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Have there been any demands from members of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign for the people responsible for the organisation's public statements on 7th October to be expelled or pressure from the other organisers to suspend their involvement until those expulsions happen?

Has there been any introspection on how many of the chants used by protestors are, at best, ambigious in their meaning and that a significant proportion utter those chants with malicious intent?

Has there been any sincere reflection, understanding, and respect for how many Jewish people are terrified of the intimidating atmosphere developing?

Has there been any investigations into to how often people with "controversial" views come to speak and play prominent roles in these protests, or how easy it seems to be to uncover hateful and racist rhetoric?

Well, I'm a little closer to an answer to these questions

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Eighty plus arrests of the far right so far.

That’s some going for just protecting something that nobody was going for.

Nearly surpassed a months worth of arrests at the Palestine protests already.

GSTK 🇬🇧

No arrests.

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Eighty plus arrests of the far right so far.

That’s some going for just protecting something that nobody was going for.

Nearly surpassed a months worth of arrests at the Palestine protests already.

GSTK 🇬🇧

You sure you don’t follow fox? 

So the River to the Sea chant is still racist apparently.

And so is criticising the Home Secretary.

Okay then 

It was a majority peaceful protest. As the police said it would be👍

idiotic behaviour from elements of both sides. Just as we all expected. I’m sure there will be a bit more tonight. 

Nothing that justifies rearranging or cancelling the whole thing like folk were suggesting earlier in the week.

Loving this “You’re not English anymore”chant that the Gammons were chanting at the police this morning 😂😂

Edited by London Wanderer

26 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

So the River to the Sea chant is still racist apparently.

And so is criticising the Home Secretary.

Okay then 

It was a majority peaceful protest. As the police said it would be👍

idiotic behaviour from elements of both sides. Just as we all expected. I’m sure there will be a bit more tonight. 

Nothing that justifies rearranging or cancelling the whole thing like folk were suggesting earlier in the week.

Loving this “You’re not English anymore”chant that the Gammons were chanting at the police this morning 😂😂

Did they achieve their aim? Has a cease fire been announced? 

Keep em coming lads. I’ll leave you to it.

It’s blatantly obvious from the videos of larger groups & interviews with folk that the majority are peaceful & calling for the war to stop. Given the huge numbers there today we all know there will be stuff like this. Doesn’t make it representative. The media have generally done a good job of showing the truth today.

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

#Suella was right 😂 should have been banned because of a ridiculous banner

Just one banner? There are many more. I said it shouldn’t be banned. It allows the racists and antisemites and  terrorist sympathisers to show their true colours and I’m not talking about the ‘counter protesters’
I’d say that what has gone on today probably shows that #suella may have been right with her criticism of the police.