Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I doubt he would agree with you.

A prospective pm, visiting another nation's leader and having views on all subjects.

But his views don't carry weight!

The opposition may as well give up accept the status quo.

I’m sure he wouldn’t but that’s the truth at the moment.

I couldn’t tell you the leader of the opposition in a single European country. 

Think any fecker outside of the UK even knows who he is, let alone gives a shit what he says?

Anyroad, is anybody listening to the little fucker who is actually in charge?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I’m sure he wouldn’t but that’s the truth at the moment.

I couldn’t tell you the leader of the opposition in a single European country. 

Think any fecker outside of the UK even knows who he is, let alone gives a shit what he says?

Anyroad, is anybody listening to the little fucker who is actually in charge?

No idea about those abroad, but those here certainly do.

Look at the politics thread!

I think folk under-estimate the influence within parliament of mps in general too. They come together on committees, on legislation, on visits abroad etc. Specific knowledge and abilities are utilised irrespective of party.

As for the influence any foreign leader has in this conflict- well that's obviously open to debate, but I do reckon the visits from them, to the various countries in the region do have substance and effect.

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No idea about those abroad, but those here certainly do.

Look at the politics thread!

I think folk under-estimate the influence within parliament of mps in general too. They come together on committees, on legislation, on visits abroad etc. Specific knowledge and abilities are utilised irrespective of party.

As for the influence any foreign leader has in this conflict- well that's obviously open to debate, but I do reckon the visits from them, to the various countries in the region do have substance and effect.

That’s debatable.

Lee Anderson, the ex coal miner and cooking on a budget genius is on the Home Affairs Committee😃

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

IMG_2446.jpeg.657f7dd9b52631daac749ea998a6443f.jpegIMG_2447.jpeg.7cfb43c6d74267e3ddf9663f267f3e81.jpeg

He started off by saying Israel have the right to defend themselves too 

Maybe he realised what they are carrying out is more like cold bloodied revenge than self defence and changed his mind 

Still 

It's not a good look

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

That’s debatable.

Lee Anderson, the ex coal miner and cooking on a budget genius is on the Home Affairs Committee😃

Did you ever listen to his speech in parliament over that issue? Fortunately, I saw it as it happened- far more to what was reported, together with an invite to any sceptics to go down to the foodbank/cooking training set up in his constituency, where he volunteered. You will probably still disagree with him, but it adds context.

Anyway, that's for another thread.

The fact that he, and many others from across Parliament share duties allows for all sorts of ideas to permeate through. It's far from a closed shop.

Ultimately that's why KS and his views are important- to his mps, prospective mps, and voters alike.

He has been quite brave with his initial comments, as they have upset some within his party, but that will also have endeared him to others. 

Not sure what's happened now though- if true, the above comments are a bit bizarre- they could piss off two sets of members.

7 hours ago, royal white said:

100 %

Again people are more concerned about who posts certain videos rather than the content. 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

No I didn’t 😂 I said people (Mainly you) are concerned by who posted it. I’ve not said you should be concerned with the content. That’s for people watching it to come to their own conclusion. Anyway it Looks like the police are concerned as are many Jews. 

We could argue long into the night about what you really meant. But there's no need, I'll take your word for it  👍It's quite obvious you've got your own views on it, you don't need to give little hint about what the cops think 😉

I'm surprised you've reached adulthood and haven't yet learnt the importance of looking at sources and their agendas. The Sun for example might cover a story or video in a very different way to the BBC or even Lawrence Fox. Just as important to think about who's sharing it. Classroom's doors open tomorrow if you feel like you need a few days topping up your comprehension skills. 

Just a warning should do for the driver. Silly thing to do but he's not inciting any hate towards anyone. Hopefully when that is established then he gets to return to work with a warning. Shame to see the Sun reporting it as anti-Israel chanting and racist bigotry. But you'd expect nothing less from that rag. 

What do you think should happen to the driver? 

11 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

We could argue long into the night about what you really meant. But there's no need, I'll take your word for it  👍It's quite obvious you've got your own views on it, you don't need to give little hint about what the cops think 😉

I'm surprised you've reached adulthood and haven't yet learnt the importance of looking at sources and their agendas. The Sun for example might cover a story or video in a very different way to the BBC or even Lawrence Fox. Just as important to think about who's sharing it. Classroom's doors open tomorrow if you feel like you need a few days topping up your comprehension skills. 

Just a warning should do for the driver. Silly thing to do but he's not inciting any hate towards anyone. Hopefully when that is established then he gets to return to work with a warning. Shame to see the Sun reporting it as anti-Israel chanting and racist bigotry. But you'd expect nothing less from that rag. 

What do you think should happen to the driver? 

I’ve mentioned before about your teaching so I’ll gladly give up your offer, I don’t want to be going backwards at this age 😉

I keep telling you I’m not bothered who posts these clips, it’s the videos you need to watch. The video which was posted has been shared by most media outlets, left and right. They all show the same thing. Personally I don’t need someone for tell me what to think about a clip, hopefully one day you might be able to think for yourself as well. 🤞

Is there anything in his contract that makes you think a warning is suffice? 

looking again at Fox’s tweet. What do you disagree with what he’s typed? 

Edited by royal white

20 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve mentioned before about your teaching so I’ll gladly give up your offer, I don’t want to be going backwards at this age 😉

Great 👍

I keep telling you I’m not bothered who posts these clips, it’s the videos you need to watch. The video which was posted has been shared by most media outlets, left and right. They all show the same thing. Personally I don’t need someone for tell me what to think about a clip, hopefully one day you might be able to think for yourself as well. 🤞

I didn’t tell you what to think. I asked you what you thought? 😂

Is there anything in his contract that makes you think a warning is suffice? 

Nope, a warning is suffice. Because his actions weren’t discriminatory or prejudiced. He’s voicing political opinions, which he shouldn’t do at work & will no doubt be in his contract. However, that’s not enough to get the sack first time. Breaching an aspect of your contract doesn’t necessarily lead to the sack. We should be punctual, but don’t get disciplined for a one off late arrival. 

Looking again at Fox’s tweet. What do you disagree with what he’s typed?

That the song is act of ‘good or bad’ hate. That it shouldn’t be used out of fear of offending or making people feel unsafe. It’s about ending the occupation not glorifying terrorism or being anti-Israeli.

What the fck Khan has to do with it I’ll never know. 

What do you think? Should he lose his job? Does Lawrence have a point?

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Yes he has a few good points. The first being drive the train, using the tannoy for passenger info not political sloganeering. basically do your Fkin job! 

The second being how safe do you think a Jew would feel? 

Obviously  you don’t agree with either which is quite baffling.

17 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes he has a few good points. The first being drive the train, using the tannoy for passenger info not political sloganeering. basically do your Fkin job! 

The second being how safe do you think a Jew would feel? 

Obviously  you don’t agree with either which is quite baffling.

You wouldn't see me singing Pro Israel songs or Pro Palestine songs on the Tube. But I also won't call for someone to lose their job because of a one off daft choice. It's not enough for me. Obviously, if he was to be prejudiced then fair enough. 

It's not that I would expect every Jewish person to feel safe on a train full of Pro Palestinians. I'm not that naïve 😉 Hundreds of Jewish people joined the Pro Palestine demo (but that's another story). The issue is that you can't ask people not to sing those chants because they might make someone uncomfortable. 

It's not a discriminatory chant and it's not instigating hate. Which is my issue with Lawrence and my issue with the Sun - who were saying the driver was being a racist bigot. It's nonsense and Lawrence is full of it (as you know). 

Edited by London Wanderer

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You wouldn't see me singing Pro Israel songs or Pro Palestine songs on the Tube. But I also won't call for someone to lose their job because of a one off daft choice. It's not enough for me. Obviously, if he was to be prejudiced then fair enough. 

It's not that I would expect every Jewish person to feel safe on a train full of Pro Palestinians. I'm not that naïve 😉 Hundreds of Jewish people joined the Pro Palestine demo (but that's another story). The issue is that you can't ask people not to sing those chants because they might make someone uncomfortable. 

It's not a discriminatory chant and it's not instigating hate. Which is my issue with Lawrence and my issue with the Sun - who were saying the driver was being a racist bigot. It's nonsense and Lawrence is full of it (as you know). 

So do you agree with some of what fox says then? 

Edited by royal white

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The driver's future will depend upon the details of his contract won't it. 

My missus would face severe disciplinary action for doing that, and quite possibly the boot.

Whether a train driver would have such things written into his, I don't know.

Aye

The context of the job is important.

Trial by social media then hopefully common sense prevails. Daft thing to do, but likely he’s got family to feed. I’m sure he’s learnt his lesson.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Not as much as you 😉

Train driver to London once said “if you’re getting off here good luck” when we stopped at Peterborough. Thought that was a nice bending of the rules.

So basically all you had to say was “he a cunt is fox but he’s got some valid points there” instead you’ve shown us all you’re a bit stupid again! 😂😉