Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby


Rudy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Not sure Fleetwood are in any immediate danger with all their monies being owed to Pilleys own company.

What happens to those loans if Pilley gets done and his businesses not allowed to operate?

Don't know how these things operate, but I would imagine that if the company is solvent it would be allowed to continue. Obviously if dodgy money has been involved and that has to be recovered then things might be difficult, but if a legitimate, going concern is still there, then would the authorities want it closed putting folk out of work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't know how these things operate, but I would imagine that if the company is solvent it would be allowed to continue. Obviously if dodgy money has been involved and that has to be recovered then things might be difficult, but if a legitimate, going concern is still there, then would the authorities want it closed putting folk out of work?

I don’t think it’s even a question of how the money came about, but if Pilley is the sole reason they’re currently paying their bills and his businesses are closed down then they would be pretty much going straight in to administration.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I don’t think it’s even a question of how the money came about, but if Pilley is the sole reason they’re currently paying their bills and his businesses are closed down then they would be pretty much going straight in to administration.  

Aye, but that's my point- his business might not be closed. Don't know how it's set up, or whether it could be taken on without him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Looks almost certain these are getting an extra 9 points deducted. Our usual 4-0 battering is back on

That’s good news shame they didn’t get them at the end of last season bet Wycombe are pissed off I would be .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, emus wig said:

That’s good news shame they didn’t get them at the end of last season bet Wycombe are pissed off I would be .

That's ridiculous!  I'd be suing the inept bastards who decided to hit them too soft so they weren't relegated then hit them again so they'll probably still not be relegated. 

Edited by MickyD
Phone thinks it knew what I wanted to write.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, emus wig said:

That’s good news shame they didn’t get them at the end of last season bet Wycombe are pissed off I would be .

Wycombe shouldn't let this pass.

The offenses were clear and known and Derby dragged their feet responding and the EFL allowed them to. It's way beyond unacceptable and anninnocent club was relegated instead with all the things that means.

Frankly I'd sue the living daylights out of all involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A founder member against a non league team ? We got time, bury didnt . Its biased , always has been . The re-election if you finished bottom of the fourth was a formality. 

i used to live in Wycombe and dislike them intensely , but not as much as I hate derby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, waddy256 said:

which bit ?

 

The bit I highlighted.  We got time and Bury didn't. Wrong.  We were both given notice that our takeovers had to be completed.  Thank God ours was.  Bury's still hasn't.  EFL had no choice but to expel them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Duck Egg said:

The bit I highlighted.  We got time and Bury didn't. Wrong.  We were both given notice that our takeovers had to be completed.  Thank God ours was.  Bury's still hasn't.  EFL had no choice but to expel them.

I think we are kinda argueing the same point but from different sides .

I honestly believe we got more grace from going under than bury did but not by much .

I honestly believe the bias towards big clubs/ founder members still exists . 
I think it was because of Wycombes stature that derby have (so far) got away with it . 
I think Sheffield United got shafted because it was West Ham etc. 

Agree to disagree ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, waddy256 said:

I think we are kinda argueing the same point but from different sides .

I honestly believe we got more grace from going under than bury did but not by much .

I honestly believe the bias towards big clubs/ founder members still exists . 
I think it was because of Wycombes stature that derby have (so far) got away with it . 
I think Sheffield United got shafted because it was West Ham etc. 

Agree to disagree ? 

Aye go on! Fair points on the others but I don't accept we got any grace compared to Bury.  We had a takeover in place. They were a basket case with an owner who gave less of a shit than Ken did.  At one point they were asking for extra time because some bloke in Brazil was going to buy them out for £7m.  The EFL saw it for what it was and ran out of patience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye go on! Fair points on the others but I don't accept we got any grace compared to Bury.  We had a takeover in place. They were a basket case with an owner who gave less of a shit than Ken did.  At one point they were asking for extra time because some bloke in Brazil was going to buy them out for £7m.  The EFL saw it for what it was and ran out of patience.

It was in KA's interest for the takeover to complete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye go on! Fair points on the others but I don't accept we got any grace compared to Bury.  We had a takeover in place. They were a basket case with an owner who gave less of a shit than Ken did.  At one point they were asking for extra time because some bloke in Brazil was going to buy them out for £7m.  The EFL saw it for what it was and ran out of patience.

I dont know too much about the bury case , other than I heard they went out of existence for the sake of £2 mil , where as we were looking at debts of closer to £50 mil . We had the Bassini fiasco and the blu marble ridiculousness . Eddie saved us 3 days before he died. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
18 hours ago, waddy256 said:

I think we are kinda argueing the same point but from different sides .

I honestly believe we got more grace from going under than bury did but not by much .

I honestly believe the bias towards big clubs/ founder members still exists . 
I think it was because of Wycombes stature that derby have (so far) got away with it . 
I think Sheffield United got shafted because it was West Ham etc. 

Agree to disagree ? 

West Ham got off because Trevor Brooking was on the panel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Got another 9 point deduction so they're on -3.  So on the face of it one of Barnsley, Hull and Peterborough will stop up on the back of that, when it should have been Wycombe that benefitted 6 months ago. 

Scandalous. Wycombe were relegated by just one point. Even more scandalous was how the FL bent over backwards for the bent Derby bastards last season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

Scandalous. Wycombe were relegated by just one point. Even more scandalous was how the FL bent over backwards for the bent Derby bastards last season 

Yep.

... & then they'd have got the -12 this season. In the 3rd division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.