Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I seen Lottery Winners have had to leave their tour supporting Embrace, sounds a bit odd. Any idea what's gone on @Leyther_Matt?

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Apparently the lead singer was getting a bit full of himself and they over ran their slot last night.

But also, Embrace have replaced them with someone who is a relative of their lead singer (I think), but it’s all a bit odd.

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I think Rock City has earlier than normal curfews as they have club nights after gigs there so could understand the venue getting arsey about timings, but from the limited stuff I've seen it was Embrace staff clearing them off and not being very friendly about it. 

The thought of having a club night on in the after a gig is grim as well, love it as a venue but a proper sweat box.

The timings thing seems to be the initial catalyst, but it can’t have been that hard pushed or they’d have helped cart off their gear rather than leaving them to drag it off themselves.

Seems Embrace’s tour manager has had a hand in it somewhere. Boring Yorkshire bastards. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The timings thing seems to be the initial catalyst, but it can’t have been that hard pushed or they’d have helped cart off their gear rather than leaving them to drag it off themselves.

Seems Embrace’s tour manager has had a hand in it somewhere. Boring Yorkshire bastards. 

It's very strange all this, weren't they about 4 or 5 gigs into the tour? 

I'm yet to see them live (which I really hope to rectify asap) but I believe they're quite bolshy on stage? Wonder if they've put Embrace's noses out of joint.

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It's very strange all this, weren't they about 4 or 5 gigs into the tour? 

I'm yet to see them live (which I really hope to rectify asap) but I believe they're quite bolshy on stage? Wonder if they've put Embrace's noses out of joint.

I’ve only seen them headline so not sure what they’re like as a support act, but there seems to have been a few people who had seen them on the Embrace tour already and had said the support was better than the main event

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’ve only seen them headline so not sure what they’re like as a support act, but there seems to have been a few people who had seen them on the Embrace tour already and had said the support was better than the main event

Reading TLW latest comments it sounds, it sounds like Embrace are being pricks after all!

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Does seem that way. Guessing the 6pm announcement will be a few short notice additions to the tour as headliners to fill the gaps 

Sounds like it, though I think my hopes of seeing them headline at Rock City anytime soon are dashed!

Just got back from Machine Head and Amon Amarth at the Manchester arena. 

The vikings did what they do , great theatrical show.

Some great riffs .

Machine Head literally assaulted your senses .

The loudest gig I have ever been to. Musically the sound quality was amazing. 

Probably take 2 days to recover. 

11 hours ago, embankment said:

Some great riffs .

Gutted the budget wouldn't stretch to this.

Sound like it was an amazing night.

11 hours ago, embankment said:

Some great riffs .

48 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Gutted the budget wouldn't stretch to this.

Sound like it was an amazing night.

Probably my favourite metal song of all time. As good as it will ever fucking get at 4.10 in this 💥