Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

21 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s cause I said the championship as well as league one. I hadn’t banked on Johnny’s knowledge of the league above 😂. TBF the ones he mentioned are high profile and good players, but I still maintain Lee is up there with them. He was performing at a good level with Sheff Wed a couple of years ago when they were challenging for the prem.

😀 Well having Lee on the bench is definitely an improvement on having White/Comley as 1st choice starters!  No comparison with 12 months ago.

Rotherham, Sunderland, Charlton, Shrewsbury and Wigan next. 

Very exciting couple on months coming up for us potentially.

So many positives from today, Dapo being the main one.

He is possibly the most talented player to wear a Bolton shirt in the last 10 years. Incredible how the ball just sticks to him, even when he gets tackled he seems to get it back. I could wax lyrical for a long time and seems that many think he won't be here long with performances like that. Certainly a possibility, plenty of factors could tempt him to another club, somewhere more local to his place of birth or going to a club in a higher division but I don't think we should focus on that, let's enjoy the present moment and whatever will be, will be, there's plenty of reasons for him to stick with us, mind.

All those players did the club proud today and it should give them every confidence to kick on. Capped off by one centre half crossing the ball in from the right flank to the other centre half to score. Don't see that very often!

Sure Ipswich have struggled so far this season, we will have tougher tests, but it's no mean feat to go and score 5 goals away from home. If we don't get playoffs at the very least I'll be very surprised, that's with or without Dapo, because we have a brilliant TEAM.

• Site Supporter

Not really sure where to put this but here’s as good a place as any seeing as we won away.

Just had a look, last league away win I saw live was at WBA on the 1st game of the season in the championship.

Done plenty of away days since then but always miss the wins.

Dont worry - it will change soon

15 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not really sure where to put this but here’s as good a place as any seeing as we won away.

Just had a look, last league away win I saw live was at WBA on the 1st game of the season in the championship.

Done plenty of away days since then but always miss the wins.

Dont worry - it will change soon

stay away then don't jinks  us

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Iirc the Mc Ginlay/Walker partnership started fairly slowly, i see know reason why Doyle/Dapo can’t yield 25-30 goals between them this season.

The third goal yesterday was straight off the practice ground. If the opposition close down the centre backs when we have a goal kick, one of the options they use is a long ball out to Jones pushed up on the right. He often gets his head to it, with a view to feeding Isgrove. Yesterday it went to Doyle, who chested a lovely return to Jones who kept running.

Saw it plenty of times last year, and if stuff like this keeps coming off, then goals/partnerships could flourish. 

50 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The third goal yesterday was straight off the practice ground. If the opposition close down the centre backs when we have a goal kick, one of the options they use is a long ball out to Jones pushed up on the right. He often gets his head to it, with a view to feeding Isgrove. Yesterday it went to Doyle, who chested a lovely return to Jones who kept running.

Saw it plenty of times last year, and if stuff like this keeps coming off, then goals/partnerships could flourish. 

Indeed. I remember Evatt describing exact tactic in the "Barrowcelona" interview he did prior to joining us.