Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m still waiting for footballers to show solidarity with other forms of abuse going on in the world, one for you Rudy, let’s start with man city owner mansour and abuse of folk in the UAE?  Let’s see players show solidarity with the abused there….. I’ll be waiting a long time. 

What stance could we do for that one then?

Maybe a cowering motion or summet.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Because you raised the issue as a deflection of the current debate.

I’m not deflecting the debate, I’m opening up the debate with a valid question, I’m against all abuse and feel that there are many other worthy causes that footballers could get behind, perhaps cash from the likes of city/Chelsea owners clouds their judgement. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not deflecting the debate, I’m opening up the debate with a valid question, I’m against all abuse and feel that there are many other worthy causes that footballers could get behind, perhaps cash from the likes of city/Chelsea owners clouds their judgement. 

So are you saying unless all atrocities are covered then we shouldn't highlight any?

All or nothing?

• Members
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

So basically if they want extra money then they’re going to have to live with it (which is wrong) you’d hope if it was getting to much for anyone they would put their own health over a few extra quid 

It’s not necessarily the player. 
Example Puma are Man City’s sponsor, as are Etihad and Amazon Prime. 

Those three as a condition to agreeing to be the sponsor will ask that all players who sign for club will have to agree to their terms, usually posting on social media in their new kit or gear etc unless it’s on religious grounds (gambling sites usually) 

So when they sign for the club the terms are already in place. Every club has this whether it’s Nike or Barry’s Hardware shop. 

It’s the same with staff if staff post on social media and are wearing their kit it was to be authorised sponsor, the kit man couldn’t wear a Nike top, adidas pants and have on Twitter they work for Arsenal fc, and they don’t get paid for it

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I understand the point you’re trying to make, but to be fair, the players aren’t being subjected to human rights abuse or sex trafficking when playing football. They are being subjected to racist abuse week in week out in connection with the game.

It’s also a shame that when some players do try and highlight other social issues (eg Rashford with child poverty) they still end up getting abuse from some morons for doing it.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I say open it up across the board the to other worthy causes, human rights abuse in UAE, Russian or China won’t happen though because they care more about the money £££. 

Didn’t players wear rainbow laces a while back to support LGBT? I know it’s not the same level, but there are other things they try and support / highlight too.

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I understand the point you’re trying to make, but to be fair, the players aren’t being subjected to human rights abuse or sex trafficking when playing football. They are being subjected to racist abuse week in week out in connection with the game.

It’s also a shame that when some players do try and highlight other social issues (eg Rashford with child poverty) they still end up getting abuse from some morons for doing it.

The racist abuse is relatively small, the overwhelming vast majority of fans love their black players, racism is highlighted Infinitum but you’ll never get the message over to the tiny minority of absolute twats who are racist. If players feel they need to get involved in this type of demo then they must look closer to home and the abuse, murder lack of human rights that their paymasters oversea.

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Didn’t players wear rainbow laces a while back to support LGBT? I know it’s not the same level, but there are other things they try and support / highlight too.

I’ve only ever seen LGBT and Anti racism, let’s have some demo for other serious issues if this is the road they want to go down. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve only ever seen LGBT and Anti racism, let’s have some demo for other serious issues if this is the road they want to go down. 

Like poppies? Or is that one that should not have a place in sport? 

Is that a political or mora issue that has no place in football ?

Does Paul think that’s virtue signalling? Is that a movement of the woke community?

If we didn’t support showing a mark of respect for the fallen of this country, there would be absolute outrage so why do ethnicities or genders not get the same treatment ? 
Isn’t  sport and football the biggest and greatest platform to show solidarity and togetherness? 

8 hours ago, waddy256 said:

For disclosure my name is Richard Waddington and I live in a small village called Langho near Blackburn and I couldnt give a fuck who knows it . Any halfwit could find me if they so chooseded to , has this helped  ? 

I think anyone who did hunt you down to meet you would see you and then do a rather sharpish about turn. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Like poppies? Or is that one that should not have a place in sport? 

Is that a political or mora issue that has no place in football ?

Does Paul think that’s virtue signalling? Is that a movement of the woke community?

If we didn’t support showing a mark of respect for the fallen of this country, there would be absolute outrage so why do ethnicities or genders not get the same treatment ? 
Isn’t  sport and football the biggest and greatest platform to show solidarity and togetherness? 

Poppies yes, once a year, racism yes once a year…. No issue with the current FA campaign against racism, shoving it down my throat every game is a no for me. Not sure why we need a LGBT day but if we do then once a year. 

14 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Congratulations on winning the virtue-signalling award for today. I'm sure you feel such pride in your heart now having stood on the mountain top and bellowed out to the world about your purety.

I would imagine everybody on here would be appalled about Elias Kachunga or any other person being racially abused whether by some moron on social media or in any other setting. Doesn't mean we all set out each morning to zealously prove our non-racist attitudes by hectoring and lecturing others at every opportunity and jumping on every bandwagon going. You prove you're not a racist by not saying and doing racist things in your everyday life.

Being unsupportive of taking the knee does not mean someone is racist.... except of course in the simple minds of the vindictively woke, who are always on the lookout to massage their own vanity by making grand public gestures as to their untouchable virtue. As well of course as seeking to make out that the whole population is irredeemably racist apart from the chosen few in their sainted glory.

Well written. 👍

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If it wasn't so tragically sad, it'd be hilarious to see the levels of whataboutery some will go to, just to defend the right of the gammons booing the taking of the knee.

It ain’t just booing though it’s about the right to have another opinion, that’s what gammons fight for…. And your not far off a Gammon yourself Peter fucking pan. 🤣

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Poppies yes, once a year, racism yes once a year…. No issue with the current FA campaign against racism, shoving it down my throat every game is a no for me. Not sure why we need a LGBT day but if we do then once a year. 

How’s it being shoved down your throat?

YKnow what don’t bother I can’t be fuckin arsed

Edited by Rudy

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

How’s it being shoved down your throat?

YKnow what don’t bother I can’t be fuckin arsed

That’s what I think as do many others, you have a valid opinion as I and many others do. It’s like you can’t express it on here without folk getting upset!! It used to be a grown up debate seems you have to think with the mob these days. I’ll  Leave this subject be as I’ve made my point. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper