Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think we can let people read your previous posts and decide for themselves. In the meantime I suggest you try your best not to jump to spurious conclusions about people you've never met.

I'm not, but that's exactly what you're doing regarding our players taking the knee. Do you really think they're all lying, and that 'taking the knee' is something more sinister than the anti-racism campaign they say it is? Are Ian Evatt and Sharon Brittan party to some big conspiracy disguised as an anti-racism campaign?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If its a race issue, you can bet your bottom dollar young Cheddar will jump on it, and its still not dark 🌚

So whenever a racist incident occurs, you'd rather everyone keep quiet. Got it.

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Haha incredible how this is not a straight forward condemning of racial abuse.

Sad stuff. Hope it isn’t a wanderers fan

Aye.  One of our players gets abused for the colour of his skin and someone is more concerned with their bonkers anti woke campaign, than condemning this for what it is.

Just now, Cheese said:

I'm not, but that's exactly what you're doing regarding our players taking the knee. Do you really think they're all lying, and that 'taking the knee' is more sinister than the anti-racism campaign they say it is? Are Ian Evatt and Sharon Brittan party to some big conspiracy disguised as an anti-racism campaign?

I've no doubt that Ian Evatt and Sharon Brittan are very well intentioned and we see from the way they go about their jobs and engage with the fans that they are good people. 

I'd be a lot more assured in any dealings I had with them than with you based on the piffle you spout on here.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope the person responsible is charged with racial abuse and pays the price for his stupidity. 

Is the right answer. The price may just be a small fine but comes with a side order of being unemployable for a very long time.

On a lighter note , going back to the strife torn seventies :

shop steward addressing Personnel manager : ‘what would you do if I called you a cunt?
Personnel manager : ‘ I would issue you with a written warning which could lead to your dismissal’ 

shop steward : ‘ what would you do if I thought you were a cunt?

Personnel manager : Don’t be ridiculous, your thoughts are no concern of mine or the company’

shop steward : ‘ I think your a cunt’

Just now, Rudy said:

Rather than having an argument between ourselves how about someone try and reach out to powers that be at our club, I’m sure someone knows people at the club and get a message to  Kachunga that he is a wanderer and we love him, and we all stand behind him and all our players regardless creed,colour or any other category. 

This

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye.  One of our players gets abused for the colour of his skin and someone is more concerned with their bonkers anti woke campaign, than condemning this for what it is.

Clearly in saying this I didn't condemn him enough on your scale of condemning people

would imagine everybody on here would be appalled about Elias Kachunga or any other person being racially abused whether by some moron on social media or in any other setting.

I promise in future to up my game and amp up the virtiol when it comes to condemning people and I'm deeply sorry about this failing. You're clearly the font of all knowledge when it comes to precisely how people should be condemned.

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Rather than having an argument between ourselves how about someone try and reach out to powers that be at our club, I’m sure someone knows people at the club and get a message to  Kachunga that he is a wanderer and we love him, and we all stand behind him and all our players regardless creed,colour or any other category. 

There’s posts all over Facebook saying this I’m sure he will see it 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I've no doubt that Ian Evatt and Sharon Brittan are very well intentioned and we see from the way they go about their jobs and engage with the fans that they are good people. 

I'd be a lot more assured in any dealings I had with them than with you based on the piffle you spout on here.

That would ring truer if you stopped insinuating that they're lying about the reasons for taking the knee.

The nerve of those condemning the racism towards Kachunga and saying, We're right behind you."

... But if he takes the knee they'll boo him. 

That aside, we can only hope the culprit is caught and punished in the most severe way possible. Hopefully Kachunga is OK.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

You know the real reason why clubs originally started to take the knee cheeky chops. They changed their reasoning when fans disapproved. 

What's the "real reason" then? And why do they keep doing it, seeing as "fans" still disapprove?

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

People post millions of posts every day across social media platforms, if not hunded's of millions, I bet 0.000000001% of them post/comments carry racist, bigoted or homphobic content, it doesn't make it right, but it's still only representative of a tiny minority.

And you’ll never stop it no matter how long taking the knee continues, fuckwits will always be fuckwits. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

People post millions of posts every day across social media platforms, if not hunded's of millions, I bet 0.000000001% of them post/comments carry racist, bigoted or homphobic content, it doesn't make it right, but it's still only representative of a tiny minority.

Exactly, it’s a tiny minority. Fkin idiots usually on a blag profile. I can’t see anyway of it stopping.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

George Floyd and BLM. You know this though. And you say “they keep doing it” you probably need to change that to “some” 

Taking the knee started YEARS before George Floyd was murdered, and BLM don't own the gesture. Even if you're misguided opinion was true - our players, manager, and owners have all clarified, in no uncertain terms, that it's a purely 'anti-racism' gesture. So you either disagree with 'anti-racism', or you're calling them liars.

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Exactly, it’s a tiny minority. Fkin idiots usually on a blag profile. I can’t see anyway of it stopping.

On the previous page your solution was for either (a) the victims to accept the racism or (b) the victims to come off social media.

Just now, Cheese said:

Taking the knee started YEARS before George Floyd was murdered, and BLM don't own the gesture. Even if you're misguided opinion was true - our players, manager, and owners have all clarified, in no uncertain terms, that it's a purely 'anti-racism' gesture. So you either disagree with 'anti-racism', or you're calling them liars.

So the players decided to take a knee because of racism when at a time no fans were allowed in the ground and there were hardly any reports of online racism? (It also happened to be 3 weeks after his death, quite a coincidence). 

As referee Michael Oliver sounded the first whistle in the English game for 100 days, players and staff from Sheffield United and Aston Villa, as well as the match officials, knelt on one knee for eight seconds – one for each minute that black American George Floyd was fatally strangled by a police officer in a tragic incident in May.

image.gif.f6426da22c7901aa4c3cd201723688bf.gif

This show of support for the Black Lives Matter movement was later emulated by Manchester City and Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium and is likely to be repeated this weekend by the 16 Premier League clubs yet to resume their season. 

Now it has emerged that Sheffield United striker David McGoldrick was the driving force behind bringing the gesture to English football.