Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tea bags.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Surprised at how many off here drink Yorkshire tea.  Typhoo or Tetley here.  I'll not be lining the pockets of those Tyke twats

Typhoo and Tetley are owned by Indian companies.

Yorkshire Tea is English

• Members
2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Surprised at how many off here drink Yorkshire tea.  Typhoo or Tetley here.  I'll not be lining the pockets of those Tyke twats

Tetleys?

Fuckin Tetleys

Be better off draining off mince and adding milk and sugar 

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Having the earth quakes now, so you may well be correct Youri.

Just think any migrant boats in the area may end up winning the blue riband. 

Nah, it's bollocks.

The Tsunami theory.

It'll slump slowly rather than collapse quickly.

It might acidify the ocean adjacent and kill off a lot of marine life though.

5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The place is infested with pinkies and Yorkshire wannabees - anybody drinking Yorkshire tea may as well change their name to Geoffrey Boycott and start beating their wife up

• Site Supporter
Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

Nah, it's bollocks.

The Tsunami theory.

It'll slump slowly rather than collapse quickly.

It might acidify the ocean adjacent and kill off a lot of marine life though.

Want makes you think that?

Dont projections show that a large chunk of it could slide rather quickly in the event of a suitable eruption?

One of my former colleagues was looking at this issue over 20 years ago, considering geo textiles for anchoring the place together. 

Doubt anything came of it.

Just now, Rudy said:

Tetleys.

we have either Tetleys or PG I think....I don't really know, as Mrs Sweep decants them into a different receptacle. I do know they're round though 🙂  -  our tea and coffee has improved a lot since we got a water filter/purifier thing plumbed in though. The water round here is utter shit straight out of the tap

I saw a brightly coloured Pirogue, that had landed/been towed in, once in La Gomera, they skirt up the coast from Senegal etc. but eventually have to strike out for the EU Canaries...

These are for near shore fishing, I've been green to the gills on huge inter-island ferries such was the swells, there's not hundreds of surfing spots on the islands for no reason.

They must be fucking desperate, I did wonder if everyone aboard had 'made it' as I took a video of it (the pirogue) in a dry dock then panned to a load of lads surfing 7-9ft waves on an adjacent beach...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

11 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

There's a Lancashire Tea for parochials...

Got a box from Tesco - was decent.

Got a box from Home Bargains - tasted like sweepings up from the Yorkshire tea factory...

• Members
Just now, Sweep said:

we have either Tetleys or PG I think....I don't really know, as Mrs Sweep decants them into a different receptacle. I do know they're round though 🙂  -  our tea and coffee has improved a lot since we got a water filter/purifier thing plumbed in though. The water round here is utter shit straight out of the tap

Our Maude bought a water purifier for no fucking reason.
Once caught her pouring a bottle of Evian in it. It lives in the cupboard with the breville, nutri bullet and doughnut maker. She’ll be living there if she buys anymore shite 

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Want makes you think that?

Dont projections show that a large chunk of it could slide rather quickly in the event of a suitable eruption?

One of my former colleagues was looking at this issue over 20 years ago, considering geo textiles for anchoring the place together. 

Doubt anything came of it.

This sums it up, can't find a link ftom 2017 that summed it up betterer...

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/19/latest_news/1632069096_343081.html

27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Once caught her pouring a bottle of Evian in it. It lives in the cupboard with the breville, nutri bullet and doughnut maker. She’ll be living there if she buys anymore shite 

Those Qooker taps that do fizzy water - even before the C02 shortage, the cost of the cartridges (for the taps) meant it was about 30p a litre.

Fizzy water is about 17-20p for two litres at most supermarkets.

Fizzy mineral water is only 25p/2L at Lidl.

Similar to Soda Streams - make your own crap pop for about 80p a Glass, when massive bottles of Tango, Vimto etc. are about a quid for 2L.

I've got a Brita jug, nearly everyone I know has one, at the back of a cupboard unused.

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Our thing is plumbed in at source, the filter needs replacing once every six months or so. The water in/around Bolton is pretty decent from memory, so you wouldn't or shouldn't need it filtering I wouldn't have thought

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Cheers, will have a look.

They are building a long tunnel (at great expense) for the the motorway on the West of Gran Canaria to replace the route carved out of the cliffs there (was meant to be an amazing drive) after netting and caging failed to prevent 'Sexy Beast' style boulders rolling down onto the road on an almost daily basis - sometimes missing cars etc. by inches...

• Members
Just now, Sweep said:

Our thing is plumbed in at source, the filter needs replacing once every six months or so. The water in/around Bolton is pretty decent from memory, so you wouldn't or shouldn't need it filtering I wouldn't have thought

I know that she just likes buying unnecessary shite 

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It doesn't filter out all the oestrogen laden piss from women on the pill neither.

Hence the preponderance of chippy tits on blokes and 'Numan' adverts on the telly...