Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

50 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

Deserved something out of that today, injuries are killing us at the moment, would've battered them if near full strength.ย 

The injuries are really shit.ย  But that's a bold statement, unsure what its based on given previous results against top half teams.

3 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Anybody calling for his head is a plantpot and are the types who write in the Bolton News comment section

Theres two things in life that will never make your life better or improve your day in any way.

1 is drinking sambucca

2 is reading the comments section in The Bolton Evening News.

31 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I find it incredible people calling for Evatt to go.

Yes, I like him but even if I didn't, argue with his record with the resources given. 6 pros was it when he took over, a squad signed by a nobody and still won promotion.

The man needs major backing, not sacking

Get OGS in he will be free soonย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Heโ€™s injured.ย 
It takes years to set up a proper conditioning and fitness team. Itโ€™s a niche market to hire those staff.ย 
Needs the money for equipment. Itโ€™s a big operation. Thereโ€™s an element of luck but I know for a fact their medical and rehabilitation resources are really stretched at the moment.ย 

sherly all thats still there from BIG SAMS daysย 

he had everythingย 

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

We're in for a tough couple of months, down to the bare bones and I expect several games will be an endurance test akin to Parkys last championship season.

Evatt, and many of these players have earned our support and should continue to get it imo.

Spot on post , if by January we are out of the danger zone then that will do forย  me .

ย 

ย 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

We are playing at a higher level with a worse sqaud than last season, swapped Miller and Arthur for Bakayoko and Kachunga, lost our club captian and top goal scorer is injured as well as half the bastard team. It is what it is folks, we are doing well to be where we are.ย 

Not sure the squad is worse with those two instead of last year's strikers.ย 

Not the best maybe, but both have played higher than this level.

2 hours ago, woolli said:

He chase Kachunga all summer by his own admission! He his no better than Arthur, who went to Morecambe, and Miller, who scored some vital goals for us.

Miller who went to Nantwich ?
l liked Arthur & would have kept him , better than kachunga ?
Weโ€™ll certainly find out ย because he will play given our injuries.

29 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Maybe Doyle will take Kachungaโ€™s place when fit ?

Very droll, and sure he will and you make a great point by highlighting the huge problem.

We will need to go back to a striker who has scored 2 pens and a header from a set piece by December, non from open play. Just let that sink in 3 goals, 2 pens and non from open play and people defend him, I honestly don't get why people are so defensive about him.ย 

How many games have we failed to score at all with him playing. And here is the massive issue in that Evatt absolutely failed to improve on Doyle. He played Baka and Kacha wide right when fit so clearly they weren't direct replacements, and in fact spends match after match blowing smoke up Doyle's arse despite his declining performances.

Yet here we are, lots of shoulda woulda coulda games where Doyle missed sitters in every one, and these games are likely to bite us in the arse one way or another.

And now Doyle will somehow become our saviour for some I'm sure!??? Based on what exactly, I've no idea.

Anyway, Doyle is way down the pecking order in the issues at the club currently. It's good FV committed to funding Jan signings, only concern is if we are nowhere near in the league Dapo may well be seen as low hanging fruit by others.

17 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Miller who went to Nantwich ?
l liked Arthur & would have kept him , better than kachunga ?
Weโ€™ll certainly find out ย because he will play given our injuries.

Arthur far better than Kachunga! Much more of a threat, stronger, more passionate, which really is a worry, as Evatt was chasing Kachunga all summer!

Just now, woolli said:

And Sarc who went to Stockport!

Ok Mr hindsight what happens next ?
Do you want Evatt to fck off or are you just blowing steam out of your arse.

ย 

4 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Very droll, and sure he will and you make a great point by highlighting the huge problem.

We will need to go back to a striker who has scored 2 pens and a header from a set piece by December, non from open play. Just let that sink in 3 goals, 2 pens and non from open play and people defend him, I honestly don't get why people are so defensive about him.ย 

How many games have we failed to score at all with him playing. And here is the massive issue in that Evatt absolutely failed to improve on Doyle. He played Baka and Kacha wide right when fit so clearly they weren't direct replacements, and in fact spends match after match blowing smoke up Doyle's arse despite his declining performances.

Yet here we are, lots of shoulda woulda coulda games where Doyle missed sitters in every one, and these games are likely to bite us in the arse one way or another.

And now Doyle will somehow become our saviour for some I'm sure!??? Based on what exactly, I've no idea.

Anyway, Doyle is way down the pecking order in the issues at the club currently. It's good FV committed to funding Jan signings, only concern is if we are nowhere near in the league Dapo may well be seen as low hanging fruit by others.

We all know thereโ€™s a problem I just get pissed off reading your negative monotonous tirades against one particular player.

• Site Supporter

Doyle isn't scoring but he's allowing the ball to get up field. We've been lumping it up recently and that isn't working.ย 

Our players have just one thing.. cheapness.. We're skint, we can't invest and any players that are free transfers are usually that way for a reason.ย 

4 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Doyle isn't scoring but he's allowing the ball to get up field. We've been lumping it up recently and that isn't working.ย 

Our players have just one thing.. cheapness.. We're skint, we can't invest and any players that are free transfers are usually that way for a reason.ย 

In a nutshell.