Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Local weirdo

Rudy

• Site Supporter

There's a fella who lives round the corner from me - Gordon. Mid-60's I'd guess. Wears a beret, a kilt, and a military jacket, on a daily basis. Never seen him wearing anything 'normal'. He cycles from Leyland to Wigan and back every day. No idea why. There's a good chance you'll see him if you drive up the A49 regularly enough. When I first started drinking in pubs, he'd turn up and strip down to his boxers and dance around like a lunatic, then get thrown out and move onto the next one. Absolute fucking nutter. Always on his bike, either talking to himself, or shouting stuff at people. Local gossip says he had a yound child who was killed in a road accident a few decades ago, and he completely lost his marbles - which is understandable I suppose. No idea if that's true though. I always shout "Alright Gordon?" and he says "Aye lad. Get on a bike!"

I also see that "Bounce By The Ounce" bloke in my local shop a lot. Goes by the name Jacko. He doesn't live round here but his family do. He's mad as a box of frogs. Always dancing, whether there's any music or not.

the-bounce-the-ounce-guy-has-a-youtube-c

Edited by Cheese

• Members
37 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Coca cola man. 

Used to wander the streets of Bromley Cross always dressed shoddily always with a 2 litre bottle of coke in a blue plastic bag mumbling to himself. 

Rumour had it he was a millionaire. Obvs

Didn’t he win the lottery?

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

There's a fella who lives round the corner from me - Gordon. Mid-60's I'd guess. Wears a beret, a kilt, and a military jacket, on a daily basis. Never seen him wearing anything 'normal'. He cycles from Leyland to Wigan and back every day. No idea why. There's a good chance you'll see him if you drive up the A49 regularly enough. When I first started drinking in pubs, he'd turn up and strip down to his boxers and dance around like a lunatic, then get thrown out and move onto the next one. Absolute fucking nutter. Always on his bike, either talking to himself, or shouting stuff at people. Local gossip says he had a yound child who was killed in a road accident a few decades ago, and he completely lost his marbles - which is understandable I suppose. No idea if that's true though. I always shout "Alright Gordon?" and he says "Aye lad. Get on a bike!"

I also see that "Bounce By The Ounce" bloke in my local shop a lot. Goes by the name Jacko. He doesn't live round here but his family do. He's mad as a box of frogs. Always dancing, whether there's any music or not.

I recognise him but don’t know why

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I recognise him but don’t know why

He went viral a few years back because of his appearance in this video. Skip to 1:30 if you can't be arsed.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

That fella is a parent of a lad in a team my lad played football against last couple of seasons. 
someone told me he was the bounce by the ounce guy , I’d no idea, but when I checked it out it certainly explained his behaviour pitch side . 
he came and watched  in an iron man mask once 
he’s a fucking fruit loop 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, fatolive said:

That fella is a parent of a lad in a team my lad played football against last couple of seasons. 
someone told me he was the bounce by the ounce guy , I’d no idea, but when I checked it out it certainly explained his behaviour pitch side . 
he came and watched  in an iron man mask once 
he’s a fucking fruit loop 

He's actually a proper nice fella. Funny as fuck too. He just doesn't give a shit. Every credit to him.

• Members
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

He's got his own youtube channel. It's strangely fascinating.

To be fair I’ve had a few nights in warehouse project and this mon doesn’t compare to some of the lizard people in there 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

To be fair I’ve had a few nights in warehouse project and this mon doesn’t compare to some of the lizard people in there 

What makes him stand out though is that it he's not under the influence. He's like that all the time. Even in the Co-Op at 10AM.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

He's actually a proper nice fella. Funny as fuck too. He just doesn't give a shit. Every credit to him.

Yeh can imagine he’d be a laugh and every ones different than when they are at football , he didn’t do any harm as such, just a bit of a fruit cake . 
9am in the morning marching around Sharples car park singing” we’re going to score one more than you “ to all our players ( 16 & 17 yr olds) going in to get changed,for a match that kicked off at10:30, he was only opposition parent there , the lad he was watching wasn’t even there yet , he’d come early to sing it especially while wearing an iron mask and doing the  march,along with his sideline ballooning , means I’m comfortable with my fruit loop assessment on this occasion.😁

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, fatolive said:

Yeh can imagine he’d be a laugh and every ones different than when they are at football , he didn’t do any harm as such, just a bit of a fruit cake . 
9am in the morning marching around Sharples car park singing” we’re going to score one more than you “ to all our players ( 16 & 17 yr olds) going in to get changed,for a match that kicked off at10:30, he was only opposition parent there , the lad he was watching wasn’t even there yet , he’d come early to sing it especially while wearing an iron mask and doing the  march,along with his sideline ballooning , means I’m comfortable with my fruit loop assessment on this occasion.😁

Sounds like him 😂

• Site Supporter

This is him visiting my local Tesco wearing various things on his head 😂

If only video recording equipment had been so readily available to every local nutter decades ago! Imagine what we could have witnessed!

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Bet his house fckin stinks

You're not gonna believe this, and I don't blame you. I've just found out that's my Brother-in-Laws flat that he leaves, and it's my Brother-in-Law that says "Godspeed". Seriously...

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You're not gonna believe this, and I don't blame you. I've just found out that's my Brother-in-Laws flat that he leaves, and it's my Brother-in-Law that says "Godspeed". Seriously...

Your brother in law stinks