Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

First Record/CD etc.

Youri McAnespie

After an extended loan of 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' off a mate of my sister (both a handful) I was bought 'Prince Charming' as a Christmas present. My sister (flat) said I used to go nuts to 'turning Japanese' and 'lip up fatty' and was partial to Man Parrish and Kraftwerk.

I think the Miami Vice theme by Jan Hammer was the first vinyl I bought myself - my mam probably there too.

What were your first loves? (music)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

8 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Pipes of Peace      McCartney 

heard it at Narvarda one sat 

Did I imagine it or was there a Dutch themed 'milk bar' with windmills? Fuck knows why I was taken there I could barely walk let alone rollerskate. I think ACDC was being played.

The old Burnden Fives indoor gaff was 'The New Nevada' it stank of old chip fat.

• Site Supporter

First vinyl I owned was London Calling by The Clash which my brother bought me. Was a double album and I wore it out.

He also bought me Thriller at the same time and if I’m brutally honest I wore that out too.

first album I bought with my own money was Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by Iron Maiden, but I basically listened to whatever my brother had lying around. That varied from some crooner called George Benson through to the Buzzcocks and and Joy Division.

He’s a musical patchwork, by big bro.

Oddly enough mine was a copy of Kings of the wild frontier as well that my cousin gave me after the 'grew out' of them. 

Was my first band t-shirt as well - one of the crappy print on places you used to get in seaside towns.

In the same lot he gave me a few singles - Love Cats, Bow Wow Wow and Ghost Town if I remeber.

Still love Adam and the Ants, Drik Wear White Soxs often gets a play. Xerox Machine, Car Trouble - great songs.

• Members

First Single - Kris Kross - Jump (BANGA)

First album - Michael Jackson - Dangerous

First Gig - Wu Tang Clan. Coincidentally also the first time I smoked weed. Threw up after the first hit. Good thing I knocked it on the head after that. 

• Site Supporter

MacArthur Park by Richard Harris for my mum. I got it from that shop on Brackley St in Farnworth.

First time she played it, it stuck at 'someone left the cake out, someone left the cake out, someone left the cake out.

We kept it because it wound my dad up. Best 2/6 I've ever spent.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Oddly enough mine was a copy of Kings of the wild frontier as well that my cousin gave me after the 'grew out' of them. 

Was my first band t-shirt as well - one of the crappy print on places you used to get in seaside towns.

In the same lot he gave me a few singles - Love Cats, Bow Wow Wow and Ghost Town if I remeber.

Still love Adam and the Ants, Drik Wear White Soxs often gets a play. Xerox Machine, Car Trouble - great songs.

https://www.olddogbooks.net/shop/olddogbooks/blood-sweat-leather-tears-the-original-adam-the-antz-story-1977-80-part-one/

Mate of mine used to follow Adam and the ants when they were proper punk band. Just written a book based on the experiences. Strange to see what they became when they started off with mass brawls v skinhead gangs. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Ani said:

https://www.olddogbooks.net/shop/olddogbooks/blood-sweat-leather-tears-the-original-adam-the-antz-story-1977-80-part-one/

Mate of mine used to follow Adam and the ants when they were proper punk band. Just written a book based on the experiences. Strange to see what they became when they started off with mass brawls v skinhead gangs. 

My owd man had Adam and the ants album. On the cover it says, inside free poster to the first million copies.. The first, imagine that.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Might check that out, looks a good read