Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trafford

L/H White

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Which clearly we won't. Any player could be bought and suffer a bad one on his debut. Always an element of risk, and we certainly don't have money to burn, but overall his fitness (generally including recovery) has been excellent. I'd be more concerned if he'd had a succession of small injuries and hadn't looked tip top on the field.

I'm not sure how we can determine his fitness has been excellent. He's spent two spells on loan and both have ended prematurely because of knee injuries, and both injuries resulting in months out of action.

I think he's on at least his third serious knee injury.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure how we can determine his fitness has been excellent. He's spent two spells on loan and both have ended prematurely because of knee injuries, and both injuries resulting in months out of action.

I think he's on at least his third serious knee injury.

Quite simple really- he came straight in, wasn't rested and seemed to play pretty much every minute. Strikers, midfielders and to an extent defenders have been rested. This lad wasn't, and didn't let the team down.

He has to be quite fit for that. 

The question over several knee injuries doesn't mean the lad isn't fit enough. Ricardo Gardner also had a couple of severe ones and was still a fine player.

Like I said, the club will do its due diligence, and if they deem him suitable, then I don't see anything to worry about.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Traf said:

Fossey is about 50 professional games behind Dapo, but he's 13 months younger.
Dapo has probably played 50 games this season.

What you trying to say?

Could you explain using a two fingered biscuit, caramel and chocolate confectionary?

36 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

What you trying to say?

Could you explain using a two fingered biscuit, caramel and chocolate confectionary?

Dapo is 24 and has 50 more Twixes than Fossey.
But Fossey has had 13 months less time to collect Twixes.
Dapo has collected 50 Twixes in the last nine months alone, so it's not inconceivable that Fossey could have 50 more by the time he's the age that Dapo is now.

So what I'm saying is that I'm not massively concerned about how few he has now, because nonbody was saying Dapo didn't have enough a year ago. 

• Members

I don’t see him being good enough yet to be able playing in a champions league side. If he goes to Anderlect I don’t see him starting and he’s said it himself he wants to be playing.

Hes out of contract in summer so it’ll be him saying where he goes unless he signs a deal with City.

46 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

ITK

As said earlier this week he'd be no.2 or even no. 3 or 4 to a 28yr old first choice Belgian International. 

That all their own business but he'd be swapping first choice status here for occasional bench warming there. 

Plus as Radcliffe says if we know in good time there'll be options. Hopefully experienced ones.