Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 100

BobyBrno

Surprised there isn’t a thread on this. Unless I’ve missed it.  Enjoyed the match last night on tv. (Matt Parkinson just taken a wicket as I type this) 

Doesn’t seem right to see players who normally play for ‘your’ team playing against you. Good entertainment though.

On 05/08/2022 at 21:07, BobyBrno said:

Surprised there isn’t a thread on this. Unless I’ve missed it.  Enjoyed the match last night on tv. (Matt Parkinson just taken a wicket as I type this) 

Doesn’t seem right to see players who normally play for ‘your’ team playing against you. Good entertainment though.

Playing against you? Why the hell would I support a team with Manchester in their name? Might as well support the Trent Rockets. MO don't represent me.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Underpants said:

Playing against you? Why the hell would I support a team with Manchester in their name? Might as well support the Trent Rockets. MO don't represent me.

Get what you're saying, but lancashire are based at OT so it's not a great surprise.

I've got next to no interest in it overall though; the T20 format in perfectly adequate for "jazzed up" cricket, and based on the counties we follow.

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Get what you're saying, but lancashire are based at OT so it's not a great surprise.

I've got next to no interest in it overall though; the T20 format in perfectly adequate for "jazzed up" cricket, and based on the counties we follow.

If the Wigan 6ers played at the UniBol I would be shocked if folk from Bolton took an interest. 

Northwest Originals would probably get me on board.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Underpants said:

If the Wigan 6ers played at the UniBol I would be shocked if folk from Bolton took an interest. 

Northwest Originals would probably get me on board.

Like I said, I see the point.

Maybe those money folk behind the scenes looked at the ground's location and where the most fans would likely travel from and saw the naming of them as "Manchester" as being the best marketing ploy to maximise revenue.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

On 07/08/2022 at 10:35, Underpants said:

The Superchargers were originally pitched as the Leeds Superchargers. Them Yorkies saw the issue.

Yep but Joe Root playing for Trent Rockets (Notts) tonight? Just doesn’t seem right. It’s like John McGinlay playing for Wolves in a Carabao cup match against us. Those graphics are beginning to hurt my eyes.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Yep but Joe Root playing for Trent Rockets (Notts) tonight? Just doesn’t seem right. It’s like John McGinlay playing for Wolves in a Carabao cup match against us. Those graphics are beginning to hurt my eyes.

Aye. Watched that tonight

Was massively against the concept of the 100 but I was the same when T20 came in

End of the day, like your first post on this it’s entertaining. And it’s getting kids and non-cricket folk interested in cricket

My Dad was massively into cricket. Played for clubs all over the country as and when he moved with his job. My mum was the faithful scorer and sandwich maker and she’s got a loft full of cricket score books from the 50s, 60s and 70s. She’s 84 and absolutely loves the 100. Texts me every time a game is on TV

For some reason, my work "acquired" 20 tickets for The Oval (Tuesday 23rd August) - at present we honestly can't give them away, absolutely zero interest from anybody so far. They might go nearer the day, but at present, we can't get any customers or staff to even consider it.

Any tickets we get for a 50 over match, or a day at a proper test, generally go in about 10 minutes as customers are all over them

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

For some reason, my work "acquired" 20 tickets for The Oval (Tuesday 23rd August) - at present we honestly can't give them away, absolutely zero interest from anybody so far. They might go nearer the day, but at present, we can't get any customers or staff to even consider it.

Any tickets we get for a 50 over match, or a day at a proper test, generally go in about 10 minutes as customers are all over them

What time can you pick me up?

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

The 100 is something you're more likely to take your kids to watch than go with your mates for a piss-up. Similar to women's football.

One of our customers said similar, I think he referred to it as "Cricket for people who don't like cricket" and another customer said he didn't want to watch cricket with loads of screaming kids.

I've not watched any of it at all, I just imagine it's the same as 20/20, but purely designed to try and get young children into the game isn't it?

It has the advantage that all of the top English players are available because of the break in the Tests which is good for the spectator. Rather watch a Test myself though.

Until next week of course.😊

Edited by BobyBrno

Went yesterday to Headingley and it was boring tbh. The biggest issue for me is that I do not identify with teams and even if I did half the players I would expect to be playing are n't . Root signed up to Trent, Bairstow was with the Welsh. 
'Yorkshire' is Northern and 'Lancashire' Manchester. The franchise thing has gone to far with this . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...