Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Police officers having to make snap decisions in the moment and being recorded and scrutinised every moment. It's not footballers who have 90 mins a week to get it spot on, its 40+ hours a week. 

Lets him past and it all kicks off, he's at fault. Tries to stop them, uses the wrong word, no idea what he might have said instead "Sorry Sir you are clearly Jewish and heading over there might invite trouble at this particular time". 

Going to end up with no coppers left, because the level of accountability in public service has gone barmy. 

Agreed. 

This "openly Jewish" comment was for me, nothing but a simple comment with no malice or racist connotations whatsoever. 

Can understand the ire being expressed, but it should be directed at the top brass, and not the fella trying his best in a shitty situation. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, kent_white said:

This is where I'm at. Daft thing to say and there's a good chance this copper is a broken man seeing how all this has unfolded. And there's calls for the Commissioner to resign because of a poor turn of phrase from one of his officers. 

The world has gone bonkers. I hate all this shit me. I'm sick of it! 

I'm not even sure it was clumsy.

The bloke was wearing his kippah, so it made sense. Maybe swapping the word openly for clearly may have made it more palatable, but if we're insisting our officers on the ground are to analyse their language to such an extent, we're fucked.

A tumble down effect of soft arsed politicians and senior police officers allowing this all to develop.

If they'd clamped down on those marchers behaving badly, much earlier, then this wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, bollocks to it all, it's depressing. Thankfully, we're nearing the end of our fish pond renovation, and seeing the little things cruising about and exploring is a boon for the soul.

No wonder the Japanese use them so much.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The bloke was wearing his kippah, so it made sense. Maybe swapping the word openly for clearly may have made it more palatable, but if we're insisting our officers on the ground are to analyse their language to such an extent, we're fucked.

A tumble down effect of soft arsed politicians and senior police officers allowing this all to develop.

If they'd clamped down on those marchers behaving badly, much earlier, then this wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, bollocks to it all, it's depressing. Thankfully, we're nearing the end of our fish pond renovation, and seeing the little things cruising about and exploring is a boon for the soul.

No wonder the Japanese use them so much.

Similar to those "Auditors" that film purely to catch people not doing everything 100% all the time, antagonising people and then playing victim. 

One of the ones which seems to come on my feeds a lot is some disgraced medic (allegedly), and he seems to have very little else to do aside from go onto Private property to film people and calling it an public audit. Still funny as when they mess with the wrong person. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's not the observation that he's Jewish that's the issue - he clearly is Jewish

It's the suggestion the fact he's openly - or even clearly - Jewish is a provocation

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

On the keeping the peace point, I remember there were howls of outrage on here and elsewhere when people were being arrested for protesting against the monarchy at the time of the Queen's death

It's interesting how opinions change

Odd comparison mate

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not sure the bloke would let a lad in a Millwall shirt go and join a big mob of West Ham either.

What a fuss about fuck all.

From the BBC website......

In the original video clip shot at the march, the police officer said: "You are quite openly Jewish, this is a pro-Palestinian march.

"I'm not accusing you of anything but I'm worried about the reaction to your presence."

Seems sensible enough to me. Trying to keep the peace and protect this guy from possible harm.

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

In the original video clip shot at the march, the police officer said: "You are quite openly Jewish, this is a pro-Palestinian march.

"I'm not accusing you of anything but I'm worried about the reaction to your presence."

Seems sensible enough to me. Trying to keep the peace and protect this guy from possible harm.

But why would someone being openly Jewish be provocative at a pro-Palestinian March?

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, royal white said:

Life would be so much easier for the police and the people affected by these marches if the thundercunts just decided to stay at home and do something productive with their sad lives. 

I assume you'd say the same about this lot?

skynews-far-right-edl-luton_4517549.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Not remotely

If a bunch of republican lads were trying to get over to a monarchist demo to wind them up, then most would agree that it would make sense for a copper to try to prevent it. 

The issue (for some) was that they felt the police were preventing anti-royalists from protesting and arresting the movement leader. Agree or disagree with their motives for that, they are two very different situations. 

Most can see the common sense in this one and how much it has been blown out of proportion. 

28 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Why would he be harmed? Because he Jewish? 

25 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

But why would someone being openly Jewish be provocative at a pro-Palestinian March?

Would a guy in a celtic shirt or dressed like a Catholic Priest be OK walking over to an Orange march?

He was clearly on a wind up and there to cause a reaction. Otherwise you'd just away.

Just now, gonzo said:

Would a guy in a celtic shirt or dressed like a Catholic Priest be OK walking over to an Orange march?

He was clearly on a wind up and there to cause a reaction. Otherwise you'd just away.

The point many Jews are making is that these utterly pointless marches are happening every weekend, often with little notice to the routes. This is preventing certain folk being unable to go and do what they want. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, royal white said:

Not sure who that lot are, but Of course. However it’s good to see these lot don’t turn out every weekend. 

How do you know they don't turn out every weekend if you don't know who they are?

Just now, Cheese said:

How do you know they don't turn out every weekend if you don't know who they are?

Tell me who they are then and I’ll check. And if they do they must be relatively peaceful as I don’t see complaints every week about them. Whoever they are 

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

The point many Jews are making is that these utterly pointless marches are happening every weekend, often with little notice to the routes. This is preventing certain folk being unable to go and do what they want. 

What like dress up like a jew and go stand in front of em?

He's a wanker and so are those marching.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Why, what did Gideon Falter want to do that day? Seems strange he brought a cameraman along with him if he was just out shopping.