Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Didn’t take long for the gullible to hit the keep net. 🤣

I have no idea how they got here, or what their circumstances are. You're the one claiming you do...

30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I have no idea how they got here, or what their circumstances are. You're the one claiming you do...

They are the number 1 for immigrants in uk prisons, I’m sure there are lovely Albanians but importing crime isn’t a good idea. Gullible might think it is. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They are the number 1 for immigrants in uk prisons, I’m sure there are lovely Albanians but importing crime isn’t a good idea. Gullible might think it is. 

I thought we were talking about the Albanian barber mafia in Horwich?

Must be exhausting being constantly worried about the Albanians. Believing every word you read in the Express and Daily Mail as if it’s gospel. 

I’ll repost @Spider‘s link here for an honest look at immigration- we really do have bigger problems right now. Not that we shouldn’t do something, but it’s odd how obsessed people are about it.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You might have been I was making more of a generalised comment. 

There's no 'might' about it. Maybe you should've read it properly instead of going on a racist rant.

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

It’s the home office that accept some of the claims, take it up with them.

Corruption, low salaries, poor working conditions and a low quality of life are the main reasons. The majority are hardly the evil bastards some on here portray them to be. 

And yet people still want to come here.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't be arsed reading these threads in full any more, and it seems with good reason.

Going round in circles, and the usual accusations. 

You racist beast you! 😅

"I'm not racist myself, I just agree with everything racists say!" 😂

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't be arsed reading these threads in full any more, and it seems with good reason.

Going round in circles, and the usual accusations. 

You racist beast you! 😅

It’s got to the stage that it’s comical, been called racist a number of times now. Add pathetic to gullible. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Didn’t take long for the gullible to hit the keep net. 🤣

They just don't get it do they? A comparison between retirees wanting to live in a sunnier climate and taking their wealth with them to folk travelling to the UK illegally to take advantage of stupidly generous benefits at the expense of the UK taxpayer before, in some cases, embarking upon a life of crime.

What's that word NIC is so fond of? Thick?

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

They just don't get it do they? A comparison between retirees wanting to live in a sunnier climate and taking their wealth with them to folk travelling to the UK illegally to take advantage of stupidly generous benefits at the expense of the UK taxpayer before, in some cases, embarking upon a life of crime.

What's that word NIC is so fond of? Thick?

Don't think I've ever called anyone thick except you, because when the cap fits.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’ll not end well, and to think some folk are gullible enough to think they are genuine asylum seekers. 

No idea the circumstances on which he arrived but he's been here years 

Him and his mrs started off at Leo's a good 10 years ago at least 

Talking to mates about it last night, the latest story involves him and truck loads of counterfeit cigarettes

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

No idea the circumstances on which he arrived but he's been here years 

Him and his mrs started off at Leo's a good 10 years ago at least 

Talking to mates about it last night, the latest story involves him and truck loads of counterfeit cigarettes

I am saying nowt... Ill just be labelled a racist.... again.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't want to muddy the waters here. 

But there definitely IS a problem with Albanian criminal gangs in Bolton. 

I was at a presentation given by Bolton Police recently about the importation and distribution of counterfeit cigarettes. And Albanian gangs were named as being a problem by the Police themselves. They are aware of how they operate. How many of them are here illegally. And how counterfeit cigarettes are the tip of a wider set of criminal activities. 

The police understand how they operate, who the main players are, the businesses that are involved, but they just don't have the resources to deal with it.

TBH - I was quite surprised that they highlighted a nationality - particularly in this day and age. For fear of being called racist. But that's what they said. Don't shoot the messenger. 

I think one of the reasons that we're probably polarised on here, is that Bolton sees a disproportionately large amount of the disadvantages of immigration (strain on resources and public services for example) and less of the positive ones (like this estimated 3% increase in GDP or whatever figure is being vaunted).

Not all immigrants (even Albanian ones) are criminals hell bent on becoming the new Ronald and Reggie Kray. But by the same token, immigration in relatively large numbers is not without impact on social cohesion, public resources etc and so on and so forth. 

We need a proper grown up discussion about it - and I very much doubt WW is the place it's going to get sorted 😁

The current systems we have, welfare  health, education are already stretched to the limit..

I changed doctor 2.5 years ago, despite attempts, I've still not seen him.. 

Adding more people to the mix won't help that. However we need more people to do the more "manual labour" type roles. 

Nobody knows the answer. 

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't want to muddy the waters here. 

But there definitely IS a problem with Albanian criminal gangs in Bolton. 

I was at a presentation given by Bolton Police recently about the importation and distribution of counterfeit cigarettes. And Albanian gangs were named as being a problem by the Police themselves. They are aware of how they operate. How many of them are here illegally. And how counterfeit cigarettes are the tip of a wider set of criminal activities. 

The police understand how they operate, who the main players are, the businesses that are involved, but they just don't have the resources to deal with it.

TBH - I was quite surprised that they highlighted a nationality - particularly in this day and age. For fear of being called racist. But that's what they said. Don't shoot the messenger. 

I think one of the reasons that we're probably polarised on here, is that Bolton sees a disproportionately large amount of the disadvantages of immigration (strain on resources and public services for example) and less of the positive ones (like this estimated 3% increase in GDP or whatever figure is being vaunted).

Not all immigrants (even Albanian ones) are criminals hell bent on becoming the new Ronald and Reggie Kray. But by the same token, immigration in relatively large numbers is not without impact on social cohesion, public resources etc and so on and so forth. 

We need a proper grown up discussion about it - and I very much doubt WW is the place it's going to get sorted 😁

Places in the North are overwhelmingly effected by immigration, as councils want the money and its cheaper to put them there.

That's why I'm surprised people still swallow the whole levelling up rubbish spouted by the government. If I was living up north I'd be much angrier at the current government than I am.

But also places like Dover are hit, and margate and folkestone but they also have a lot of cash from the way they have been gentrified in parts over the last 20 years.

I've no doubt there is a problem with gangs - I don't think anyone has said otherwise - but across the sweep of the country its a small percentage but hits certain places more than others.

And it's an issue that gets lent on by this government to distract from other - more pressing in my opinion - problem which they haven't sorted out- such as the NHS, so blame immigration and not gross mismanagement.