Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

If it's just the 12 points deducted I can see us being well out of the bottom 4 by Christmas, all depends on good recruitment and strong management.

gonna need alot of new signings. think theres only a couple in contract and 2 are GK. 

58 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

As it appears to stand at the moment, the hotel doesn't seem to be under Administration, so I guess it could be bought directly by a purchaser if they so desired, not forgetting they would need to deal with the winding up petition on it first (and any others creditors who may piggy back on to it).

More likely though they will wait for Administration - which I would imagine wouldn't involve the artificial levels of settling with their creditors set by the EFL for league clubs - because it is separate from the football side of the business - even if it is part of the stadium itself.  

There would be nothing to prevent a potential buyer purchasing both the club and hotel from the two separate Administrations though, if that was their intent.

I can envisage a giant Normid in it's place.

37 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

The only way Sam comes anywhere near the gaff is in a DoF capacity and the ching a lings as owners chucking their Yen about 

Any long term, Financially stable business model where the club needs to rebuild and live within its means and he’ll be nowhere near it 

he loves the club but not as much as he loves himself 

Sam may wait, see if we out of league one!

8 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Nothing that we dont already know but we are featuring in the South China Morning  Post 

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football/article/3010098/bolton-wanderers-takeover-path-cleared-shandong-luneng-owners-make

Just quoting Iles because there's a local interest. Nothing in there to corroborate the story unfortunately.

If the South China Morning Post's journalists had anything about them they'd be asking for a statement from Shandong.

16 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

If it's just the 12 points deducted I can see us being well out of the bottom 4 by Christmas, all depends on good recruitment and strong management.

12 points is nothing to the better clubs, just the same as having a poor run of form and losing 4 but winning most others.

After all, look at the top of League One as it finished...

image.png.0e875fdfce362d00c96ec0c335a550f8.png

Charlton/Portsmouth/Sunderland will still be in play off places even with -12.

4 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

12 points is nothing to the better clubs, just the same as having a poor run of form and losing 4 but winning most others.

the hardest things gonna be build a squad. that has a winning mentality. and will be difficult when they win a game and see - points on the table

5 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Correct, and the season we were in league one Sheff Utd lost the first 4 games or something, we won all 4 meaning we were 12+ points clear of them after 4 games. They still won the league.

7 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

think I've spotted a potential chink in your armour...

45 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

On what basis? We're going in with the weakest squad by a mile in the division and at least a -12 points. Who knows when we'll be able to build a squad and we won't be able to pay fees for players so being able to sign frees in early July to get them fit and ready and also get a decent pick will be critical. But that means management team etc in play in June...that looks very tight to me. 

Be interesting to see how quickly the administrators sort the mess out and get the club on the market.  They have to market it for a reasonable amount of time to ensure best value. I'd say 3 weeks minimum. Lets say 3 weeks to sort out the books and everything else (that is really optimistic) then 3 weeks marketing then a couple of weeks for bids to be assessed and funding checked. Perhaps a week for EFL clearance. That optimistically means we're looking at 10 weeks plus. Which takes us to the end of July. 

I'm told even that is an optimistic timescale for a business of this size with a number of creditors and a recent history of not paying anything. And will be far longer if it is hard for the administrators to obtain the information required - they need records of all creditors, amounts owed, dates etc....one worry when ED was selling was that all that was in a mess and IF it had to be admin would take a long time to unpick. I bet its even worse now. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

On what basis? We're going in with the weakest squad by a mile in the division and at least a -12 points. Who knows when we'll be able to build a squad and we won't be able to pay fees for players so being able to sign frees in early July to get them fit and ready and also get a decent pick will be critical. But that means management team etc in play in June...that looks very tight to me. 

Be interesting to see how quickly the administrators sort the mess out and get the club on the market.  They have to market it for a reasonable amount of time to ensure best value. I'd say 3 weeks minimum. Lets say 3 weeks to sort out the books and everything else (that is really optimistic) then 3 weeks marketing then a couple of weeks for bids to be assessed and funding checked. Perhaps a week for EFL clearance. That optimistically means we're looking at 10 weeks plus. Which takes us to the end of July. 

I'm told even that is an optimistic timescale for a business of this size with a number of creditors and a recent history of not paying anything. And will be far longer if it is hard for the administrators to obtain the information required - they need records of all creditors, amounts owed, dates etc....one worry when ED was selling was that all that was in a mess and IF it had to be admin would take a long time to unpick. I bet its even worse now. 

Oh aren't you a ray of sunshine, you cannot possibly state we are going to have the weakest squad, you don't know how long the situation will drag on for, you like the rest of us are speculating, so fuck off with your doom and gloom.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If we get a proper owner in with real money then all the issues regarding the quality of players and the management will vanish, the shit we've had now for 3 years is a symptom not a cause.

The quality of L1 isn't that high, spend £2/3 mill and a handful of good freebies and youd probably have the best team in the league. 

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That's not quite the case - these things run in tandem 

The administrator will sort all the books out and ultimately pay whatever pence in the pound to the unsecured creditors - but that will go on well beyond the sale of the club - maybe 12-24 months depending on what he uncovers - hopefully he finds sufficient to warrant bringing in the SFO 

But he will be mindful that he has to have this club sold quickly so it can compete in league 1 by the beginning of august - remember the new buyer is starting with a clean slate - the creditors are irrelevant to them  - all they are purchasing is the Land , buildings , fixtures and fittings and the name and goodwill of the business 

12 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

If we get a proper owner in with real money then all the issues regarding the quality of players and the management will vanish, the shit we've had now for 3 years is a symptom not a cause.

The quality of L1 isn't that high, spend £2/3 mill and a handful of good freebies and youd probably have the best team in the league. 

We'll be under an embargo so won't be paying fees....

13 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Oh aren't you a ray of sunshine, you cannot possibly state we are going to have the weakest squad, you don't know how long the situation will drag on for, you like the rest of us are speculating, so fuck off with your doom and gloom.

We have 7 senior players on the books for next season. Some of whom may walk out the door....of course we have the weakest squad. As it stands.

As for how long it takes - I simply asked someone in the trade how long they'd expect this to take. That was their reply. It could be a bit quicker if information is readily available, books are in good order and administrator can get on with speaking to buyers quickly. But usually these things take 8 weeks at least. There is a process to go through...a legal process. You cannot just ignore it because we are a football club. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We'll be under an embargo so won't be paying fees....

Don't think that's set in stone yet but even so there's some good players that are free or will be by June 30. It's all about what the club would be willing to pay and the scouting. 

4 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

That's not quite the case - these things run in tandem 

The administrator will sort all the books out and ultimately pay whatever pence in the pound to the unsecured creditors - but that will go on well beyond the sale of the club - maybe 12-24 months depending on what he uncovers - hopefully he finds sufficient to warrant bringing in the SFO 

But he will be mindful that he has to have this club sold quickly so it can compete in league 1 by the beginning of august - remember the new buyer is starting with a clean slate - the creditors are irrelevant to them  - all they are purchasing is the Land , buildings , fixtures and fittings and the name and goodwill of the business 

An administrators concern is paying off creditors and keeping the business alive. He does not care whether we are a good league one side or not. Sure he has to allow the core football business to continue but my understanding is beyond that its just unfortunate timing and something an administrator can't do much about. If the buyers who were keen previously get on with it that will help though - as they already know what they're looking at. 

1 minute ago, sleepingindian said:

and club has to be sold asap other wise we may miss out on bosmans. just hope new owners means new reputation and player will sign

Thinks that's why the potential new owners will be targeting someone who has a deep connection with the club and respect amongst the football world.