Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)

radcliffe white

10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Because Jones is better defender than John & Bradley been a stand out player so sacrificed John to accommodate him. 

Johns been good all round since he’s been back in and much as I do like Jones, he’s not as good on the left. The back five should have stayed the same for me but Evatt picks the team and he thought different. Either way we lost so we move on to the next game.

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Was Gethin Jones on the wrong side or Connor Bradley responsible for the goal we conceeded?

Complicated - you could blame Trafford for not covering his near post and you could pick almost anyone on that side for not closing the shot down but ultimately it was a training ground routine well executed. Everyone was expecting the cross and crucially he kept the shot below the crossbar in windy conditions. It was a good goal so rather than blame our players it's probably time to say well done Wycombe for that one IMO.

Wycombe did there homework on us nailed Bradley in the first 5 minutes ,and shackled shoretire, saying that we were bullied by a side who couldn't afford to lose. 

at times we ended up playing with the ball in the air which is doesn't suit us, thought mbete was poor yesterday and his lack of experience at this level told. Trafford should probably not get beat at the near post,

as soon as Dempsey went down he signalled to bench to make a change, although he did run down the touchline before being subbed

bad day at the office at an absolute shit place to go, but credit to there manager who came over an applauded the bolton  fans at the end,dust ourselves down and on to the next match

• Site Supporter

Morning after the night before thoughts.

Ultimately beaten by a decent, in form,  well managed team who are good at what they do.

I didn’t think we were terrible, they nullified a lot of what we do well. 

A draw would have been fair and on another day one of those early chances goes in we go on to win.

Lots said on his selection. I think there’s a confused element to people who have a go at those backing Evatt on his team selection. We don’t stifle or object to opinion - for me it’s the manner and lack of understanding of those criticising Evatt.

Like Gonzo said he’s not woke up and seen/thought something different to us like “fuck it Dec Johns been shit at left back I’m leaving him out”. There will have been a reasonable, data led, informed footballing decision made - which we may/may not get to hear about.

He’s done enough for us to trust and accept the decisions he makes.

Once fans understand that, it’s fair game to predict, discuss, analyse and disagree. 

I think on reflection he may well think back and if given the chance again chose differently. I am surprised Lee didn’t start. Then again he might not and I wouldn’t get my knickers in a twist in disagreement.

As for a Wycombe away day, for the 2nd year on the trot (after another defeat!) I really enjoyed it! It’s a decent little town, that Hour Glass pub before and after is great and a decent well located Premier Inn for staying over!

Breakfast now!

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Took ages for the coaches to get off the car park even the team passed us, it’s in a real horrible location for access 

It's a never again for me unless it's a massive one. Managed to get away in taxi in time to get the 1725 train... and still didn't walk through the door until half 10. Shite.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It's a never again for me unless it's a massive one. Managed to get away in taxi in time to get the 1725 train... and still didn't walk through the door until half 10. Shite.

I said i wouldn’t bother again last season think it was grey who pushed this one😀

we got dropped in Bolton around 9.30

• Site Supporter

Only just seen this

“We chose Geth there because we knew what was coming, just a bombardment of long balls, especially against the wind, we knew how much they would attack with the long diagonal balls in behind. And we thought the biggest back five we could pick would deal with it, and we did, with the exception of one short set play.”

22 minutes ago, desperado said:

Only just seen this

“We chose Geth there because we knew what was coming, just a bombardment of long balls, especially against the wind, we knew how much they would attack with the long diagonal balls in behind. And we thought the biggest back five we could pick would deal with it, and we did, with the exception of one short set play.”

Thats fair comment!

5 hours ago, Rizlar said:

That’s what I thought as soon as it happened absolute shit referee.

Thought their centre half didn't go for headers the whole game. Just barged our man in the back. So the penalty incident was no different. High balls up the middle were useless because of this. Oh for a decent winger. Lloyd Isgrove?

Just think. Some poor buggers have to live in Wycombe.

8 hours ago, desperado said:

Morning after the night before thoughts.

Ultimately beaten by a decent, in form,  well managed team who are good at what they do.

I didn’t think we were terrible, they nullified a lot of what we do well. 

A draw would have been fair and on another day one of those early chances goes in we go on to win.

Lots said on his selection. I think there’s a confused element to people who have a go at those backing Evatt on his team selection. We don’t stifle or object to opinion - for me it’s the manner and lack of understanding of those criticising Evatt.

Like Gonzo said he’s not woke up and seen/thought something different to us like “fuck it Dec Johns been shit at left back I’m leaving him out”. There will have been a reasonable, data led, informed footballing decision made - which we may/may not get to hear about.

He’s done enough for us to trust and accept the decisions he makes.

Once fans understand that, it’s fair game to predict, discuss, analyse and disagree. 

I think on reflection he may well think back and if given the chance again chose differently. I am surprised Lee didn’t start. Then again he might not and I wouldn’t get my knickers in a twist in disagreement.

As for a Wycombe away day, for the 2nd year on the trot (after another defeat!) I really enjoyed it! It’s a decent little town, that Hour Glass pub before and after is great and a decent well located Premier Inn for staying over!

Breakfast now!

Desperado, I actually agree 100% with every word of that but I think you’re confusing people commenting on team selection as “criticising” Evatt. It’s not criticism it’s just opinion and surely that’s what any forums for? Sadly the only response some on here can muster is swearing and abuse. We are all Wanderers fans and want the best for the club and I’m certain that the vast majority understand and respect the fantastic job Ian Evatt’s done in the short time he’s been here but he isn’t perfect and in fact is still a young, relatively inexperienced manager who’s still learning the role and as such will make mistakes. That’s par for the course and all part of the learning process. Yes we’ll say he shoulda, coulda, would and all those things but it doesn’t mean we want rid of him.

Same with certain players but we’re in the third division and we have generally third division players so we can’t expect PL performance. They’re going to come in for stick and we’ll all have our favourites. Isn’t that what being a fans all about and whilst a bit of banter is all good for the health of the site, saying fans are overtly critical of IE because we comment on certain decisions shouldn’t lead to warfare should it? I take the criticism from some on here with a pinch of salt but I’m sure it must put off some younger posters when they’re ganged up on by the sites cabal.