Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)


radcliffe white

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Bottom end of an industrial estate

No pubs nearby 

Still going 😀

It's one of those that before we played them the first day of the season a few years ago I used to see them on EFL highlights and think "oh I bet that's that's a decent and interesting away trip, whats with the steep hill full of cars behind that stand, it all seems surrounded by countryside, wonder if there's some quaint pubs nearby" etc.

Turns out it's shit and a ballache and that pub where pint swilling, fag smoking hags in ripped stockings doing a half arsed strip tease doesn't save it in any way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It's one of those that before we played them the first day of the season a few years ago I used to see them on EFL highlights and think "oh I bet that's that's a decent and interesting away trip, whats with the steep hill full of cars behind that stand, it all seems surrounded by countryside, wonder if there's some quaint pubs nearby" etc.

Turns out it's shit and a ballache and that pub where pint swilling, fag smoking hags in ripped stockings doing a half arsed strip tease doesn't save it in any way!

And they set fireworks off last time they beat us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Where's that? 

I know the landlord of the pub nearest the train station but never got any deals like that!

Is that the one across the road with a massive beer garden?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Where's that? 

I know the landlord of the pub nearest the train station but never got any deals like that!

On the main street

Just before the arch on the right

JDW other side of the arch

Beer garden

Shithole

2.50 last season

There was a mobile kebab place right near it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Yep

He ran a pub in London that was my local and he left to take over that one about 18 months ago 

Am guessing he's still there 

Wycombe fan and a nice bloke 

 

 

Think he’s turned it into a foodie pub, obviously more profitable.

We went in for the ‘azit bin dun’ game, decent ale, decent turnout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
57 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Think he’s turned it into a foodie pub, obviously more profitable.

We went in for the ‘azit bin dun’ game, decent ale, decent turnout.

Wouldn't have been him as he's more of a manager rather than a landlord 

He wasn't there for that game. Went just after we last played them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
7 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

This will test our away support numbers… anywhere near a sell out and I might get on board with priority sale window 👀

This would be a great game to get your priority points for. Extra points that the masses won’t be interested in.

Doing games like this should be putting you on the priority list when it comes to the likes of Morecambe, Exeter and Bristol.

I’ll be on as normal, I’ll have a little check at 9.30 but I don’t think there will be any queuing system for this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I don’t mind Wycombe, decent boozer just round the corner from the Premier inn and a fiver or so in a cab to the ground.

im away so out but would ordinarily be in

Remember seeing you in there pal - it was decent 👍.

I can see if you judge it on how far away from the centre/train station the ground is, and that around the stadium there is very little it can be a poor experience. 

But I thought the town was nice. There was also a decent pub (may have been a home pub, but few whites in there) 10 min walk from ground. And i liked the away tent inside.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, desperado said:

Remember seeing you in there pal - it was decent 👍.

I can see if you judge it on how far away from the centre/train station the ground is, and that around the stadium there is very little it can be a poor experience. 

But I thought the town was nice. There was also a decent pub (may have been a home pub, but few whites in there) 10 min walk from ground. And i liked the away tent inside.

 

I've even booked the same hotel for Wembley weekend if we beat Accy - all fully cancellable so no gamble taken and half the price of London hotels. Only about 25 mins on the train too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.