Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Entertainment In The 60s.

leigh white

47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I love watching some of the old stuff from the late 60s early 70s The Saint, Sweeney, Dads Army, Minder and the like. Completely different times but great to look back on them. 

She was from Manchester and a Tiller girl on the Sunday Night at the London Palladium when Bruce was the host, did some high kicks practicing.

12 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I love watching some of the old stuff from the late 60s early 70s The Saint, Sweeney, Dads Army, Minder and the like. Completely different times but great to look back on them. 

i have minder on series link, geroge cole up there with the very best

• Members
3 minutes ago, L/H White said:

i have minder on series link, geroge cole up there with the very best

Spot on mate. Brilliant.

Did you ever see Root Into Europe? Visited a good number of the countries of what was then the common market. Excellent - especially the Netherlands and those 'coffee shop cakes' and red light district.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

All of which are still on afternoon tv. Inthe Sweeney there always seems to be a young woman wearing not much more than a sailors cap leaving George's flat.

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d rather buy a £300 pound British hoover that works and lasts forever. 

I had a Dyson but it packed in after 2 years. Crap. Mind you, they're made in Malaysia.

Not sure we make hoovers in Britain anymore.

PS: Just checked - The Henry is the only one.

Edited by Wanderlust

19 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I had a Dyson but it packed in after 2 years. Crap. Mind you, they're made in Malaysia.

Not sure we make hoovers in Britain anymore.

PS: Just checked - The Henry is the only one.

Rated one of the best… no surprise if it’s made here. Back British. 🇬🇧

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

All of which are still on afternoon tv. Inthe Sweeney there always seems to be a young woman wearing not much more than a sailors cap leaving George's flat.

Usually an air hostess.

Just put Minder (the first iteration, not the one that came later with his nephew or whoever it was; mind you for that they filmed bits in a genuine car lot in Acton that I bought a Maestro from - conked out as I left into Uxbridge Road, and eventually would only go into 3rd or reverse), Sweeney, Dad's Army and On The Buses all on a loop and I'd happily fuck everything else off. Just sit there happily drinking heavily for months (until I ended up in 3rd or reverse).