Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

One game wonders lIke Fredi Bobic?

Didledee

9 hours ago, smeghead83 said:

Alphonse Tchami having a stormer for Bolton vs Preston in the Mcginlay testimonial match back in 2000.

The one that called off half way through?

That wasnt SJM's testimonial was it?! Thought we played Hibs.

Either way some memory on the player, only thing I remember is the motorway being flooded and sinking in Chorley.

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Either way some memory on the player, only thing I remember is the motorway being flooded and sinking in Chorley.

I'm sure it was Mcginlay testimonial. It finished 3-2 at the Reebok, in a night match vs Preston. I have it in my head it was sandwiched between the last home game of the season, a 1-0 win vs Norwich, and the 1st leg of the playoff, 2-2 vs Ipswich. 

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

6 hours ago, smeghead83 said:

I'm sure it was Mcginlay testimonial. It finished 3-2 at the Reebok, in a night match vs Preston. I have it in my head it was sandwiched between the last home game of the season, a 1-0 win vs Norwich, and the 1st leg of the playoff, 2-2 vs Ipswich. 

We played Norwich on the Sunday and the testimonial was on the Monday. Think PNE had just won the Second Division.

The abandoned one due to lightning was a Sunday game

• Moderators
On 17/03/2023 at 22:05, smeghead83 said:

Alphonse Tchami having a stormer for Bolton vs Preston in the Mcginlay testimonial match back in 2000.

Wasn't he the imaginary villain Guy Pearce came up with in LA Confidential?

The German lad that played centre mid somewhere around 2016 ish. Looked unreal but absolutely made of glass and can’t have played more than 2 or 3 games. Think he played for Sunderland too and had similar issues? Edit - Jan Kirchoff

Prince has been mentioned - thought we’d picked up the best centre back outside of the Prem from that first game.

Pierre Yves Andre - pretty sure he had a good game / cameo at the end of our survival season in 01/02.

Max Clayton - shame with injuries. Andy Kellett (Sheff Weds?)

Edited by Eddie