Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

High School Prom

DazBob

• Members

When I left school, the lads nipped into town to buy a new shirt and pants from Foster's and the girls went to probably somewhere like Topshop.

It's yoofess' prom tonight and the culmination of three days of getting her hair, nails, eyelashes and eyebrows done.  I dread to think how much the dress cost, but obviously in the £hundreds and her and her mates are being dropped off in a Rolls Royce.

If you multiply this cost by how many million kids are having these each year it's a bloody big industry.

When the fuck did this become the norm???

When I left we had fuck all.

We walked out the door and I never saw 3/4s of the ever again 

Mine's just had a 'Valedictory' what ever the fuck that is.

She did buy her own dress for £30 mind and got dropped off by her mate's dad in a VW Golf.

Think I've passed on the tight bastards gene.

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, DazBob said:

When I left school, the lads nipped into town to buy a new shirt and pants from Foster's and the girls went to probably somewhere like Topshop.

It's yoofess' prom tonight and the culmination of three days of getting her hair, nails, eyelashes and eyebrows done.  I dread to think how much the dress cost, but obviously in the £hundreds and her and her mates are being dropped off in a Rolls Royce.

If you multiply this cost by how many million kids are having these each year it's a bloody big industry.

It’s my lad’s up at the Barn tonight. £200+ on a suit, shoes and a walking cane with brass eagle on top.

Theyre not even drinking the absolute Amatuers 

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

It’s my lad’s up at the Barn tonight. £200+ on a suit, shoes and a walking cane with brass eagle on top.

Theyre not even drinking the absolute Amatuers 

They'll be at the same do then.

You sure your lad isn't drinking? By the sounds of it all the girls are going to pre-party parties and will be supping blue WKDs or whatever they drink nowadays.  

53 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Dropped N off at hers in last drop last week. Was fucking nuts. Dropping em Like they on the red carpet and some strange folk about lapping it up including I’d assume mainly parents.

It looked liked something I’d of hated and quite hard to do poppers😂

Other thing was how much has last drop village changed. If I didn’t know where it was I’d of been convinced I’d got lost.

• Members
8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Dropped N off at hers in last drop last week. Was fucking nuts. Dropping em Like they on the red carpet and some strange folk about lapping it up including I’d assume mainly parents.

You'd think she was going getting married, all the fucking family is round here now waiting for her to come down the stairs.

Noisy cunts.  I'm trying to work and post on here in peace.

On our last day, about 20 of us met at the Kenyon Arms in L/H at lunchtime. Got ‘merry’ then a Bus back to school in Walkden for the final assembly. Sung some hymns very loudly. Pissed off that I hadn’t won the Tech Drawing prize. I knew I was the best. 
Tradition was that the teachers lined up and we all said goodbye to each one individually. Got to the Tech Drawing teacher and shook his hand. I held on longer than he was expecting and told him that there was no hard feelings for losing out to his class favourite or the fact he caned me on the arse, in front of the class, for wagging one lesson. I can still see the fear in his eyes.😊

Edited by BobyBrno

• Site Supporter

I’ve just been stung for £85 towards the fucking stretch Hummer they’re going in.

Fuck me.

one of the dads at this pre party they’re at just told me his mate has forked out over £500 for his daughters dress, make up and transport.

it’s no wonder this country is on its knees

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

You'd think she was going getting married, all the fucking family is round here now waiting for her to come down the stairs.

Noisy cunts.  I'm trying to work and post on here in peace.

We can only wish they’d leave😂

• Site Supporter

90 minutes of cars dropping kids off.

Doff my cap to the folk who rocked up in Dacia’s and Vauxhalls. Then drove off £75 better off than me, and probably £500 better off than the wankers who’d hired Lamborghini’s.

Kids looked proper excited. We knock it but it’s a good do for ‘em.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, DazBob said:

Are you aware that one of the parents has hired an Airbnb pad for an after party for their kid and 20 of his mates?

Think it’s in Westhoughton.

bit iffy, that