Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Escaped prisoner

13 minutes ago, Zico said:

In the build up to my GCSEs in 93 there was an incident with some resin (of the smoking variety) and a bunsen burner at school which resulted in me being grounded and made to stay in my room rather than be allowed to go to Hull away on the Friday night 

My mum wanted to extend to stoke and Preston at home but fortunately my dad stepped in 

I've never forgiven her for hull

Wasn't even me that did it

😂😂

• Site Supporter

It is that simple though.

Even an illiterate lad from the roughest estate in the country knows what will land him in prison and what won’t.

He will choose to take the risk.

I’m telling you now, if prisons were genuinely terrifying he’d think twice. Whether he can spell his own name or not, he’ll know right from wrong.

In this case, it is black and white. Don’t rape or murder anyone and you’ll keep your liberty, along with access to a toilet that flushes.

And can we stop talking like it’s just white lads from shit estates please. I bet there’s naughty folk from Asian enclaves like Deane that end up in the clink too.

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Well Maybe I was wrong to assume

You’re making out it’s acceptable for him to do a “normal job” but not a footballer.  

👍 glad we got there. 

Nope I haven’t. Said it was up to the club. It’s a grim recording and even he admits mistakes were made. You can understand why a community club with certain standards would come to that decision. 

18 minutes ago, Zico said:

In the build up to my GCSEs in 93 there was an incident with some resin (of the smoking variety) and a bunsen burner at school which resulted in me being grounded and made to stay in my room rather than be allowed to go to Hull away on the Friday night 

My mum wanted to extend to stoke and Preston at home but fortunately my dad stepped in 

I've never forgiven her for hull

Wasn't even me that did it

I’m sure it made you a better person for it . Even if you did or didn’t do it. Your parents always know best as I’m sure you now realise as a parent yourself. It’s not always easy.

You missed a fucking brilliant night out in Hull though. One of the those never to be forgotten occasions that will go down in Wanderers folk law. Memories, passed down from generation to generation. 
Sorry, got carried away.😊

For the sake of discusiion and taking the deterrent idea to its extreme, if anyone convicted of any crime was  executed then would that not have a far more positive effect on general crime rates than by investing lots of time, money, effort on rehab?

Low level crime affects far more lives than serious crimes do so should we not just burn em all?

Edited by ErnestTurnip

30 minutes ago, Spider said:

Even an illiterate lad from the roughest estate in the country knows what will land him in prison and what won’t.

I’m telling you now, if prisons were genuinely terrifying he’d think twice. Whether he can spell his own name or not, he’ll know right from wrong.

In this case, it is black and white. Don’t rape or murder anyone and you’ll keep your liberty, along with access to a toilet that flushes.

And can we stop talking like it’s just white lads from shit estates please. I bet there’s naughty folk from Asian enclaves like Deane that end up in the clink too.

Don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

I was under the impression that the discussion had widened and we were talking about the wider prison system. 

Too many murder and rape sentences are a disgrace to victims. Rehab schemes for minor offences can work and make sense to invest in. 

Edited by London Wanderer

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

👍 glad we got there. 

Nope I haven’t. Said it was up to the club. It’s a grim recording and even he admits mistakes were made. You can understand why a community club with certain standards would come to that decision. 

Not sure what Getafe are then

So to be clear everyone needs to be educated with better conditions when they’re in, once they’re reformed and let out they should be able to get work but not if they’re sex offenders or murderers. (Or footballers who haven’t been charged) They can all just stay on the scrap heap with all their quals. Makes perfect sense 🤪

3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

For the sake of discusiion and taking the deterrent idea to its extreme, if anyone convicted of any crime was  executed then would that not have a far more positive effect on general crime rates than by investing lots of time, money, effort on rehab?

Low level crime affects far more lives than serious crimes do so should we not just burn em all?

Christ you couldn’t even get pissed at a football game for fear you’d get in a scrap and end up being executed a week later.

16 minutes ago, royal white said:

Not sure what Getafe are then

So to be clear everyone needs to be educated with better conditions when they’re in, once they’re reformed and let out they should be able to get work but not if they’re sex offenders or murderers. (Or footballers who haven’t been charged) They can all just stay on the scrap heap with all their quals. Makes perfect sense 🤪

It’s up to the club 👍 one said no, another said yes.

you are funny when you attempt to understand things you never read.

So to be clear - if you think there’s some evidence behind rehab schemes making an impact, then you’re a NIMBY who wants to employ a rapist 🤪 Oh, and let’s not forget all those who want more housing but reject it near them 🙈

Edited by London Wanderer

CBA reading what is no doubt 6 pages of the usual bickering from the usual suspects, but this escape stinks of an inside job. Too many security checks are supposed to be in place to prevent this.

Inside job or loads of staff all failing in their duties at exactly the same time?
Too coincidental to be accidental.

• Members
29 minutes ago, Spider said:

If only that Lucy Letsby knew what life in prison would have been like

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

CBA reading what is no doubt 6 pages of the usual bickering from the usual suspects, but this escape stinks of an inside job. Too many security checks are supposed to be in place to prevent this.

Inside job or loads of staff all failing in their duties at exactly the same time?

Bollox, it’s Rishis fault. 

1 minute ago, Traf said:

I said earlier that it was too soon to blame anyone until the real facts are known. I did however look back to some other high profile cases that I remembered when I was younger. Ronnie Biggs and George Blake. One who had nicked £2.6 million and the other a communist spy. No real connection other than money and political influence. Both can overcome any security.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

The state of prisons didn't stop her doing it 

Which goes against your point

Correct.

But caring prisons full of spacious accommodation with gentle rehab didn’t stop her either.

I think much of this is about repeat offenders. Stopping repeat offenders would reduce the prison population considerably (and no, I don’t have exact numbers but I’d guess 30-4% of prisoners are on a repeat visit)

• Members
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Correct.

But caring prisons full of spacious accommodation with gentle rehab didn’t stop her either.

I think much of this is about repeat offenders. Stopping repeat offenders would reduce the prison population considerably (and no, I don’t have exact numbers but I’d guess 30-4% of prisoners are on a repeat visit)

You seem to be backtracking 

• Members
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Correct.

I doubt she thought I'll kill all these kids but I'll take it for a comfy cell

Edited by DirtySanchez

4 hours ago, only1swanny said:

its quite scary that people assume a change in government will give instant changes (thankfully not on here as your average WW poster has a bit more between the ears). Genuinely think that the first spending cut that labour will have to make will be met with pickets and kick offs. 

They'll blame the tories for a decade, then it will switch back where the tories blame labour, and nothing will improve, anything that's been run down will be further ran down :(

Who has said that?

The sad thing is some will still defend the last 13 years, its ingrained. 

I look forward to this government being booted out of power.

They've been so wrong for so long. Love the last dregs posts that come around.