Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Luton Town (H)

Big E

• Moderators
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Winning breeds confidence. Hopefully beat these. Think it will be tough.

maybe freshen it up with Bod in for a Victor but little else to change for me.

Aye, think against a team at a higher level the difference for us would come more from a JDB type player than a Vic type player

Maybe bring Paris back in too 

21 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Same team as accy 

Nah, if we're banging on about having the best team in the division, we shouldn't be hiding from games, if players can't do 2 games a week, we've got issues imo 

Still being in 3 competitions means we're pretty good 

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

Nah, if we're banging on about having the best team in the division, we shouldn't be hiding from games, if players can't do 2 games a week, we've got issues imo 

Correct. Can’t have it both ways. Our squad can handle it all imo 

Just now, L/H White said:

Highlighted in todays BEN that fixture congestion could be a problem for us, now talk of another international call off in march

Like I said yesterday could be the difference between finishing in autos or play offs 

2 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Although yesterday’s game was irrelevant, I was impressed with Vic’s 30 minutes hold up and link play. Go as far as the best I’ve seen from him. Healthy competition for that starting role now with him and Bod. 

I’m gonna have to ask for some more detail on that? 😂

2 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Although yesterday’s game was irrelevant, I was impressed with Vic’s 30 minutes hold up and link play. Go as far as the best I’ve seen from him. Healthy competition for that starting role now with him and Bod. 

I’ve been impressed with Vic in the last couple of games. Seems to have stepped it up a gear. His control / first touch against Luton in particular was very good.

15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Highlighted in todays BEN that fixture congestion could be a problem for us, now talk of another international call off in march

Like I said yesterday could be the difference between finishing in autos or play offs 

But I thought then BEN was rubbish and nonsense.

winning is good. 

I don’t think the difference between play offs and automatics is going to be tiredness more the fact we freeze / get giddy thinking we are Man City and should walk games. 

Despite how well we are doing I am even more convinced that Toal should be playing on the right of the back 3.

Iredale or Forester on the left with hopefully Williams at LWB. 

Cheltenham pressed yesterday and it shows how slow we are moving the ball on the left. Not blaming Toal but being asked to play out of position is tough. 

Obviously I want us to win every game we play, but if I had to choose two games to lose this season, Luton & Blackpool (BSM) would be the ones.

The fixtures are piling up and heaven forbid, we don't finish in the top 2, we'd be limping into the play-offs knackered.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Obviously I want us to win every game we play, but if I had to choose two games to lose this season, Luton & Blackpool (BSM) would be the ones.

The fixtures are piling up and heaven forbid, we don't finish in the top 2, we'd be limping into the play-offs knackered.

Absolutely this, I don’t think folk realise how congested it’s going to be 

I think people want us to lose just so they can go to Carlisle on the piss.

We may as well not enter competitions if we want to get out of them. Makes the whole thing pointless. 

people would be desperate to win if we were at United away. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Traf said:

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m starting to switch into this camp now. We are going to be on 2 games a week for a long period of time towards the end of the season, progression in the cups could create some unwanted demands.

Like Traf says, I don’t want us to lose and there’s a chance, if we keep players fit, that we can keep rotating and give the squad meaningful game time, which would be a positive. But it’s a gamble that’s getting shorter every extra game we play. 

Think I’m a little bit in the middle on this. BSM trophy campaign may well be looked at as stupid by the end. Teams have worked to get out of it where we have worked hard to stay in.

Fa cup run. We’ve not had one for years, really struggling to see the want for an early exit. 

Said a few times that prem scalp is decent and I genuinely think will breed confidence.

We won’t win it though and I’m desperate to go up this time.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Ani said:

Despite how well we are doing I am even more convinced that Toal should be playing on the right of the back 3.

Iredale or Forester on the left with hopefully Williams at LWB. 

Cheltenham pressed yesterday and it shows how slow we are moving the ball on the left. Not blaming Toal but being asked to play out of position is tough. 

Both Toal and Forrester Looked uncomfortable in that first 30 mins yesterday.

Toal, forced onto his left, made some undirected blasts forward, when under pressure.

And Forrester got caught in possession a couple of times and lost his man when they had the best chance early on.

Still young lads learning their trade. They had some tricky moments too at Accy, without Santos next to them.

I’ll repeat what I said after Accy. I don’t want to see any league games this year without either Santos or Jones leading the back line. 

League is by far priority for a club in our position.  We ain't gonna win the de-valued fa Cup so will obviously lose at some point, so get it out of the way now.

Ps, have you seen the ridiculous time slots for the next round, farcical.

17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Surprised it's taking folk so long.

14 league games in February and March. 

Now I'm sure other teams will too, but I couldn't give a toss about other teams, only ours.

Like @Traf, I never want us to lose but we really need to go up

Think we lose a few players if we don't, and then we may be starting again.

If this is as far as we go in the cups, so be it.

2 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Think we lose a few players if we don't, and then we may be starting again.

If this is as far as we go in the cups, so be it.

Distinct possibility we'd also need a new manager.