Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (A)

BeeversLeftPeg

7 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

In one one post you go from having to beat Barnsley, Derby, Posh (Pompey?) and Stevenage (no slip ups) to maybe accepting a couple of draw to then losing one… πŸ˜‚

Well, I like to cover all bases!! 😁

6 hours ago, boltonboris said:

To be fair, Barnsley are nothing like they were last season. They're a bit direct on throws and set pieces, but they're miles more open than nowadays.

The Home game against them was really end to end and a good pace about it too.Β 

Β 

The defensive solidity they had last season has escaped them. As I mentioned in a previous post, whilst they have scored in their last 16 games, they've also only managed 1 clean sheet in the same period

I think they’re a bit tighter since January after they signed Josh Earl and this Pines kid, who’s pretty tall I believe, have come in but I’m sure we’ll get chances and it’s just whether we can take them? Hopefully we will.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, woolli said:

Lets hope Evatt showed the players the Arsenal first half last night, thats how to start a game!

Great idea. "Just play like Arsenal, lads. It's not rocket scienceΒ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ"

Im usually a bit of a pessimist about t'Wanderers results , after being kicked in the bollocks so many times over the last 40 odd years , but I feel really good about tonight.

It maybe that Ive already started on the Knights cider but I reckon 0-2 that could have been 6 .

That of course means we get a complete tatterin, sorry .Β 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Great idea. "Just play like Arsenal, lads. It's not rocket scienceΒ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ"

It’d work except you’d also need to convince Barnsley they need to play like t’blades!

Just now, Rizlar said:

Agree plus he can play in other positions .

Β 

Just now, Rizlar said:

Agree plus he can play in other positions .

Well I don’t think so. For me Ashworth is easily our fourth choice on the left with Nat, Randell and even Iredale before him.

Just now, Whitesince63 said:

Β 

Well I don’t think so. For me Ashworth is easily our fourth choice on the left with Nat, Randell and even Iredale before him.

Matter of opinion .

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Β 

Williams doesn't hold a candle to Iredale and Ashworth defensively.Β 

He's also scored a couple of goals recently and put in some decent crosses.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Williams doesn't hold a candle to Iredale and Ashworth defensively.Β 

He's also scored a couple of goals recently and put in some decent crosses.

I’d agree on Iredale defensively but sorry not seen anything from Ashworth to suggest he’s better than Randell or Nat and certainly not going forward. As was said earlier it’s a matter of opinion and I seem to agree with IE. πŸ™‚

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’d agree on Iredale defensively but sorry not seen anything from Ashworth to suggest he’s better than Randell or Nat and certainly not going forward. As was said earlier it’s a matter of opinion and I seem to agree with IE. πŸ™‚

Ashworth has a goal and three assists I think in his last 5 games. He's played well since Luton in the cup at home.

Β 

Edited by Arrested development