Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What's the best gig you've been to...........

C86

Queen, Sunday night 1978 on the live Killers tour Manchester Apollo.

Close second Iron Maiden in Houston, with Dio and Motorhead as support.

Third Castle Donnington with Loverboy, Dio ,Twisted Sister, Meat Loaf, ZZ Top and Whitesnake just for a shit hot line up and a great day out

;DE

I saw Raging Kipper at the crown and flickknife.were you in that band smiley.fu(kin rubbish.Very funny though :D

A band I was in once supported them at sundowners. more of a laff than serious musicianship. Got on stage a few times singing "Kids in America".

Wonderstuff supported by NAD in Preston 1990 - good one.

First time I saw the Stranglers in Preston - 1986 - quality set-list. (That's been thrown in for MH and WTH).

Napalm Death in Liverpool, early 90s. Think I did 19 stage dives - they had a ramp up the side of the stage so you could launch yourself!

Best small gig. Charlatans at Brizzle Bierkeller (stage is only 4ft high and ceiling only twice the size) on the wednesday after "the only one..." went into top 30. Rumours in the bar before hand that band had gone to do TotP. Oakenfield DJing as support set the place up nicely.

Best ever. Pixies at Brixton Academy early 90's. Best live band ever in great venue with 3000+ going mental on sloping floor.

Best Event. Stone Roses at Alexandra Palace. don't mention the sound quality though.

The Buzzcocks - Silverwell St. Sports Centre  (Those were the Days  :D )

i think that was that the gig when pete shelly said in his gay voice " if you lot don't stop spittin we're goin off". :D happy days indeed.

more recent times SPIRITUALIZED last year at the ritz., serious strobe lighting.spiritualized.jpg

• Site Supporter
Saw 1000 yard stare, but that was 1990 or early 91, think I saw Senseless Things too, saw New Fads at the Crown & Flick, missed Charlatans and Primal Scream though.

Carter played BIHE 3 times, twice in the bar and then in the SU canteen, I saw them the 2nd time they played.

Saw Raging Kipper a couple of times, not seen Bruce or Ian for ages, Spam and Whitey are still around.

Best gig ever, Pixies, Brixton last year.

Bruce came to a couple of games with us last season.Ian would rather stick pins in his dick than watch football.

Bruce came to a couple of games with us last season.Ian would rather stick pins in his dick than watch football.

Not tried that myself, but I wondered why Jay C was missing from last few games! Who's Bruce BTW? Is it Dogger?

Guest Walkden - Aquascutum

Oasis at the reebok.

, Aqua senior went to a baby shammbles recently, said it was an experience :-k

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.