Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Poland & Ukraine

Warsaw was not a particularly good place to spend the weekend but i was impressed with the main market which amongst the fruit and veg and clothes stalls had a tent offering peep shows.

How much were the peep shows?

Of the 4 citys I've been to in Poland I found Warsaw to be my least favourite. The nightlife was too spread out for my liking, although it was quite nice round the Old Town area.

Krakow, Wroclaw & Poznan have beautiful Old Town Squares. They're all full of bars, pubs, clubs & restaurants. As well as nice facades.

I found the people (women) of Poland to be very friendly although they do suffer a lack of confidence and low self esteem from years of oppression. They couldn't understand why we'd want to visit their country when lots of them want to leave it.

Of the 4 citys I've been to in Poland I found Warsaw to be my least favourite. The nightlife was too spread out for my liking, although it was quite nice round the Old Town area.

Krakow, Wroclaw & Poznan have beautiful Old Town Squares. They're all full of bars, pubs, clubs & restaurants. As well as nice facades.

I found the people (women) of Poland to be very friendly although they do suffer a lack of confidence and low self esteem from years of oppression. They couldn't understand why we'd want to visit their country when lots of them want to leave it.

Off to Warsaw next weekend, have been reading about Krakow and the large number of strip clubs and night clubs, Warsaw seems a bit more on the quieter side, unfortunately!

I dont know but the brasses knocking on the hotel bedrooms worked out at just under ?20 which was too much for me being on student grant money at the time.It was the main market to the right of the train station in front of that very tall building.

We were travelling round Europe for a month and intended to spend a week or so in Poland but didnt like it and went back to Germany and up to Scandanavia.

Poland is a top place. I've been to Krakow(twice), Warsaw, Wroclaw & Poznan. All nice citys with cheap beer, cheap fodder, some amazing buildings (except maybe Warsaw) and tons upon tons of fit women who love wearing FMBs..... :yahoo:

The rebuilt "old town" area of warsaw and its square is amazing, it was rebuilt by the Poles with Soviet money in the 60's using the original plans from the 17th & 18th centuries. It therefore can be said to be original than any so called "old town" in Europe.

Krakow is still my favourite though.

Top places with cheap beer and food (try perogies a peasant food consisting of freshly made ravioli tossed in butter stuffed with meat, vegatable of cheese) and top totti.

Polish girls tend to play the field :yahoo:

george can i ask you a personal question? are football and whore houses/brasses your two favourite hobbies in life? and which is number one on your list?

err i think there are 3 questions there, and if you answer "no" to the first one then err .....well u know wot i mean .thx

george can i ask you a personal question? are football and whore houses/brasses your two favourite hobbies in life? and which is number one on your list?

err i think there are 3 questions there, and if you answer "no" to the first one then err .....well u know wot i mean .thx

What he really needs is a knocking shop that prints its own programme. The lad would be in heaven.

Imagine the chit-chat at whore's progamme conventions. "Picked up a bargain yesterday; 1935 Montmartre Brothel, mint condition apart from slight stain - only 40 quid!"

went krakow for my stag do.

can recommend to anybody,like everyone says cheap ale cheap food. can't remember the night life as i was to gary nevilleed.

lovely old square with loads of boozers/cafe bars.

i recommend the jewish quarter loads of cheaper bars.

Off in June to Krakow...

can't wait after reading these posts...

:drinks:

Make sure you do the 'touristy' bit, go to Auschwitz and Birkenhau, then go to the salt mines, fantastic experiences, although very humbling, these trips work up a thirst for drinking and sh@gging (allegedly)

it worked for me :yahoo:

• Site Supporter
I dont know but the brasses knocking on the hotel bedrooms worked out at just under ?20 which was too much for me being on student grant money at the time.

George, dont take this the wrong way but I'd always assumed you had got your concessionary bus pass a good long while ago. That post says different <_<

Poland is nice as a tourist under normal circumstances. It will be anything but welcoming if we're based there during the Euros.

Went in the Euro qualifiers, for 3 days the locals were great with us, the afternoon before the match it was fookin mayhem, in the ground there were seats flying nearly all the game and after, they were all waiting in the trees outside the ground, they got water cannoned off their own cops. Poland fans aren't allowed to wear club colours at international matches, so their d'ickheads wear a white T-shirt with K19 on it, they have a mob of around 1000, mainly Katowice skinheads, women are fit though

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.