Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Takeovers

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

chelsea, manure, liverpool, villa, everton, toon, city, west ham, sunderland and pompey have all been taken over by big money investors in the last few years.

all whose motives are questionable to say the least, now derby are the latest club to have foreign money.

i dont know about you lot, but although we dont have much cash to splash, im quite proud about how BOLTON wanderers is exactly that. (except the stadium location perhaps) owned and run by mostly bolton people.

i dont think id be too happy with some random sheik running the club as a toy.

discuss.

chelsea, manure, liverpool, villa, everton, toon, city, west ham, sunderland and pompey have all been taken over by big money investors in the last few years.

all whose motives are questionable to say the least, now derby are the latest club to have foreign money.

i dont know about you lot, but although we dont have much cash to splash, im quite proud about how BOLTON wanderers is exactly that. (except the stadium location perhaps) owned and run by mostly bolton people.

discuss.

No. I whould hate to be taken over by a bellend who whould come in

and fcuk about with us for a few seasons till he got bored.

I like most fans on here have seen us play in all four league's.

It whould be nice to have lots of cash at the club,but i not bother

what league we in i whould still go. Ask some of the young ones and i think

they whould love it but myself. :nea:

Edited by M G WHITES

• Site Supporter

discuss.

agreed, but can see us going the same way if we stay in the prem.

didn't the club recently say they would sell if the right offer came in(or did i dream this)

• Site Supporter

discuss.

Wouldn't it be nice to splash tens of millions of pounds around and pip some other f**kers to the signings of some quality players for a change.

Problem I see with all these American owners is they'll want to scap promotion/relegation to protect their investments just like in their football. Also if the fans don't turn up they'll take their franchise elsewhere.

It all spells doom and gloom to me whether we're taken over or not.

• Members
Also if the fans don't turn up they'll take their franchise elsewhere.

I would be beside myself with glee if the Glazers did that to the scum. A wonderful end result for the 'let's drop the words Football Club and become a global brand' trendsetters.

It's a grand idea, and I hate all the money and hype in the game.

I don't like the thought that my club could just become a cash cow for foreign owners who could cut their losses and leave us in the shit, whenever it takes their fancy.

Saying that though, local or not, most Chairmen, owners, boards are 'alien' to supporters anyway.

Irrespective of where they come from, how many of them give a monkeys about seat pricing for your average fan, how many stood up for supporters who didn't want all seating grounds, how many complain to Sky and Setanta about grabbing games last minute, and making it more difficult for their supporters to plan away games, how many come up with stupid new gimmicks at grounds, that have np place at English football grounds and are embarrasing rip offs of American football gimmicks?

How many bother to listen to supporters, whose families have stuck with their clubs for generation after generation, when it comes to things like ground moves?

With very few exceptions owners have lost touch completely with traditional support of clubs, whether those owners come from a stones throw from the ground or Timbuktu.

I don't like the thought that my club could just become a cash cow for foreign owners who could cut their losses and leave us in the shit, whenever it takes their fancy.

Saying that though, local or not, most Chairmen, owners, boards are 'alien' to supporters anyway.

Irrespective of where they come from, how many of them give a monkeys about seat pricing for your average fan, how many stood up for supporters who didn't want all seating grounds, how many complain to Sky and Setanta about grabbing games last minute, and making it more difficult for their supporters to plan away games, how many come up with stupid new gimmicks at grounds, that have np place at English football grounds and are embarrasing rip offs of American football gimmicks?

How many bother to listen to supporters, whose families have stuck with their clubs for generation after generation, when it comes to things like ground moves?

With very few exceptions owners have lost touch completely with traditional support of clubs, whether those owners come from a stones throw from the ground or Timbuktu.

=D> =D> =D>

You're West Ham aren't you? Hasn't it already happened to you?

Whites, I am.

And am under no illusion that the new owner gives a monkeys about the club, other than what he or they can make from it. Just a business thing for them, no matter what they say.

Just think that money in the Premiership is so big now, that the days of a local bloke coming in and including things like the fans and traditions of a club being high on their agendas are long gone, no matter where they come from.

Foreign investment and ownership isn't the cause of why footballs changed so much, just a sympton.

All the money rolling round, inflated wages etc, massive tv and sponsorship deals, doesn't matter what team you support, or where your Chairmans from, match going fans and what they want and expect from going to grounds up and down the country was changing for the worse long before foreign owners got on the gravey train.

Looking at the money changing hands at the moment, the Yanks dont appear to be hell bent at any club on large scale investment in players. The days of money no object purchases like Chelsea 5 years ago appear to be over. I think Bolton would be an excellent aquisition for someone. A substanital asset and decent player base, looks like Eddie Davies grabbed a bargain. Man Utd spent more on the cost of their quadrants holding 7500 seats than we did on our stadium (minus the DeVere White Elephant.)

Problem I see with all these American owners is they'll want to scap promotion/relegation to protect their investments just like in their football. Also if the fans don't turn up they'll take their franchise elsewhere.

It all spells doom and gloom to me whether we're taken over or not.

Exactly. In the next decade, all of these sides that have been bought out will break away from the league structure totally and form their own private league akin to the American Football leagues.

Will this be bad for the wanderers? Yes and No.

It will mean that we will never be playing amongst the elite teams in the country,but it will mean that the football league/what's left of the premiership will return to a competition. Most teams will be similar with same fan bases and similar finances.

But this all depends on what you prefer - being invited to the top table (even if it means eating the crumbs that are passed down) or being in a league where you can be successful (but is not as rich and talented).

• Moderators
Looking at the money changing hands at the moment, the Yanks dont appear to be hell bent at any club on large scale investment in players. The days of money no object purchases like Chelsea 5 years ago appear to be over. I think Bolton would be an excellent aquisition for someone. A substanital asset and decent player base, looks like Eddie Davies grabbed a bargain. Man Utd spent more on the cost of their quadrants holding 7500 seats than we did on our stadium (minus the DeVere White Elephant.)

where are you seeing value in a loss making business with a dwindling customer base, outside the prem

maybe time for specsavers?

there was talk, did it never happen with stallone and chums?

Nope, we are not an attractive investment!

We have invested in the squad, from making our own money.....and the odd ?10 mill loan!!!

about ?25 million in the last year.

Edited by Pablo

Nope, we are not an attractive investment!

We have invested in the squad, from making our own money.....and the odd ?10 mill loan!!!

about ?25 million in the last year.

You're gonna be bank-rolled by Tesco, numbnuts.

Oh no we are not....numbnuts!

Proves what you know.

MD of Tesco (who run the country) is a blue.....I doubt he's a scouser either ;)

Proves what you know.

MD of Tesco (who run the country) is a blue.....I doubt he's a scouser either ;)

They are building a stadium, which we will lease, from about 5 years time!!!

How is that bankrolling us ???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.