Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shepherd And Allardyce At Bolton

YATESY

Freddy Shephard and Sam Allardyce buying out Eddie Davies and taking over at Bolton.

It has been discussed on here before and dismissed out of hand.

I heard it again last night from a man who doesn't do rumours and gossip. He did cover himself by saying there may be nothing in it but as I say, this former friend of my departed father, is not one for passing on gossip.

Anybody on here heard any firm noises on this too?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddy Shephard and Sam Allardyce buying out Eddie Davies and taking over at Bolton.

I heard it again last night from a man who doesn't do rumours and gossip. He did cover himself by saying there may be nothing in it but as I say, this former friend of my departed father, is not one for passing on gossip.

Well we can live in hope...

I don't want to get involved until I know it is true

from what iv'e seen at this club and the departure of bsa I WAS WRONG TO HATE AND CALL HIM HE WAS DRIVEN OUT BY A NONE SPENDING MONEY GRABBING PRICK THAT IS EDDIE D and thats just my view :mellow:

• Moderators
I heard it again last night from a man who doesn't do rumours and gossip. He did cover himself by saying there may be nothing in it

so quite clearly rumour and gossip then!

Perm any 9 from 10 for players and managers operating intodays football world.

Allardyce and Bolton were always meant for each other. A mere lovers tiff

Well, I hope the bast?rd's got me a big bunch of flowers, a meal, a box of chocolates, a night of unbridled passion AND makes my breakfast the next morning!

from what iv'e seen at this club and the departure of bsa I WAS WRONG TO HATE AND CALL HIM HE WAS DRIVEN OUT BY A NONE SPENDING MONEY GRABBING PRICK THAT IS EDDIE D and thats just my view :mellow:

FFS it is my view that you are talking bollox.

'none spending' i can see maybe...just

but what do you by 'money grabbing' ??

HE WAS DRIVEN OUT BY A NONE SPENDING MONEY GRABBING PRICK THAT IS EDDIE D and thats just my view

I understand the frustrations, but I'm not sure that Eddie Davies actually had a great deal of money to spend, I certainly don't think he has been taking money out of the club.

Sorry but I really cannot get enthused by this rumour. Despite what the current lot have and haven't done for that matter. I find the thought of an Alladyce and Shepherd partnership more frightening than exciting.

(also what will Shepherd make of Bolton lasses? :blink:)

Guest Muzzle

I'm not sure what to make of Eddie Davies to be honest, he is a business man after all....however, For seven years we have improved our position, and so our financial opportunities, and yet we remain ?35m in debt, even with the amount we have spent on wages over the years, I find it difficult to believe we were unable to clear the debt when the stadium was first built.....Eddie Davies has only owned us fo 2-3 years, so perhaps the money was wasted by previous administrations?

This has been doing the rounds for weeks, along with us being bought by Mr Patak and Mr Birthdays Card Shop.

Ill believe it when its a Gordon Sharrock exclusive!!

Id welcome BSA back with open arms, I hate Megson and Gartisise with a passion!

It's highly unlikely that he has a w?nk accountant, lets be honest about that. Has he taken thousands (why, if he is worth tens of millions, would he fart around with thousands?) or millions in profit? - who knows, but unless you have facts to back up that kind of statement, you should possibly keep that opinion to yourself, or certainly not put them down in writing on a public forum, lest his legal team take exception.

Guest Firthy

If this was true, surely Davies would have sold the club when we were at our peak rather than waiting for us to drop down a division? You're talking out of your ring.

Without Eddie Davies investment, the last 7 years would have told a very different story. The bubble has burst. It's as simple as that. We've had it too good for too long and a lot of fans have become too comfortable with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.