Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Danny Reuben Warning Is Back...

YATESY

For those that remember the famous quote from Danny Reuben, you are in for a trip down memory lane if you are travelling with the Wearthers brigade to 'Boro:

From the Official site:

SUPPORTERS WILL BE ASKED TO SHOW THEIR MATCH TICKETS BOTH ON

THE INBOUND AND OUTBOUND JOURNEY WHEN BOARDING THE COACH.

ONLY THOSE WITH VALID MATCH TICKETS WILL BE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL.

By the way, has our great Communications Manager fallen on his sword and nobody at Bolton have communicated it? Against Head of Communications is currently listed TBC!

For those that remember the famous quote from Danny Reuben, you are in for a trip down memory lane if you are travelling with the Wearthers brigade to 'Boro:

From the Official site:

By the way, has our great Communications Manager fallen on his sword and nobody at Bolton have communicated it? Against Head of Communications is currently listed TBC!

So is Danny Boy seriously thinking folk'll use this free transport opportunity to get a cheap day out to Middlesborough? Has that f?ckwit ever been there?

So is Danny Boy seriously thinking folk'll use this free transport opportunity to get a cheap day out to Middlesborough? Has that f?ckwit ever been there?

Can you imagine that, a couple of hundred folk get on carrying buckets and spades, with picnic hampers under their arms. They then arrive at Middlesbro, and promptly clear off to the "beach" for an hour and then come backin time for the journey home laden with splendid souvenirs

From the Official site:

Danny resigned earlier in the season.

I aint defending the club here but.....for the free coaches to arsenal people did not book and then turned up on the day expecting the club to have coaches ready just in case.

I aint defending the club here but.....for the free coaches to arsenal people did not book and then turned up on the day expecting the club to have coaches ready just in case.

The club cover this by issuing a seperate travel ticket with a pre-allocated seat number for the outward and return trips.

As the previous posts have said, the only explanation for this is to stop day-trippers who aren't going to the game but do have the coach tickets! Very odd.

p.s. if this is true - how many of the fans on the 25 coaches (1000+) will not have their match ticket for the return trip? Are BWFC trying to say that these fans will be left at Middlesboro to find their own way home? Utter crap.

Edited by YATESY

Are BWFC trying to say that these fans will be left at Middlesboro to find their own way home? Utter crap.

I think that's incentive enough not to lose one's ticket so maybe there's method in BWFCs communication madness!

The club cover this by issuing a seperate travel ticket with a pre-allocated seat number for the outward and return trips.

As the previous posts have said, the only explanation for this is to stop day-trippers who aren't going to the game but do have the coach tickets! Very odd.

p.s. if this is true - how many of the fans on the 25 coaches (1000+) will not have their match ticket for the return trip? Are BWFC trying to say that these fans will be left at Middlesboro to find their own way home? Utter crap.

Bear in mind that residents of Middlesbrough may try to escape from the town after the game.

my point was that for the arsenal game people did not think you had to book the free travel it just happened automatically.

people turned up and there were nt enough places.

it does seem a strange thing to ask for match tickets when you will only have your travel voucher if you bought a ticket.

my point was that for the arsenal game people did not think you had to book the free travel it just happened automatically.

I didn't know that, that's just plain daft.

Did these people pressume there would be an unlimited supply of coaches on standby?

I didn't know that, that's just plain daft.

Did these people pressume there would be an unlimited supply of coaches on standby?

A simple solution would have been to have a relay system. After dropping off at Arsenal the driver could return and pick up the remainders from the Reebok :pardon:

• Site Supporter
Took up the free travel to Wigan and they didn't check for match tickets.

Not really relevant. You could walk home from wigan. try walking home from boro . . . see you next week!

Can you imagine that, a couple of hundred folk get on carrying buckets and spades, with picnic hampers under their arms. They then arrive at Middlesbro, and promptly clear off to the "beach" for an hour and then come backin time for the journey home laden with splendid souvenirs

Or they could get free travel and spend a good couple of hours on the 'strip ship' as has been done before, ahem, so I've been told, allegedly, ahem, cough :pardon:

Or they could get free travel and spend a good couple of hours on the 'strip ship' as has been done before, ahem, so I've been told, allegedly, ahem, cough :pardon:

We went on the strip a couple of years ago. Before we got there we had asked a local copper if there was anywhere we could get a drink, she could not think of anywhere and suggested we walk into the centre, we pointed at the boat and she said, ;oh yes i had forgotten that was there !'

Anyway on the boat, sat having a pint and we noticed a poster on the right side of the bar, 'topless dancers every sunday 12-3'

Fair enough we thought on the other side was a poster 'Family Sunday Lunches kids eat for a quid every Sunday 12-3'.

You can not buy class.

From the Official site:

27 coaches going tomorrow all sold out now !! =D> =D>

I know most of you are only jesting but anyway....

Nowt wrong with the new comms manager :good:

Indeed Ani is correct - the club 'learned' yes you heard correct, learned from the Arsenal experience when folk just turned up and wanted free travel.

We had 2 coaches that day and I had to shuffle two elders onto one of our coaches (shocked as they where poor devils)

Now that's the arse licking out of the way.

I'm having free travel and going shopping in smoggie land along with Mido.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.