Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gartside Attends Supporters Club Meeting

Mounts Kipper

I think I will attempt to ask three quesions,

1.why was phil brown not given the chance to manage BWFC.

2.what was the criteria for the managers job after Sammy Lee was sacked and how did Megson demonstrate from all the available managers that he met that criteria better than all other applicants.

3.with regards to the club losing contact/togethernes with the fans, Why was the family fun day on a wednesday and why were all the players not made to attend, if the fun day would have been on a saturday with free entry to a friendly game I think that would set the club and fans off on the right foot for this season.

going to attempt a 4th question 4. Is there any possibility of a supporters bar or marquee, serving reasonably priced ale, the admission to be only for the BWSA, this would strengthen the supporters club which currently is a laughing stock with the fans, with little or no strength or pull with the club.

I doubt that you will get the opportunity to ask more than one question so I would ask question 2. Get Zozzy to ask one of the others. You already know the answer to question 4.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that you will get the opportunity to ask more than one question so I would ask question 2. Get Zozzy to ask one of the others. You already know the answer to question 4.

No point in asking that one. When Megson was appointed he did a great interview and had great ideas which impressed all the staff from what i was told. Dont know what he said but it must of been bullshit!! :rofl:

Guest The Special One

my mate puts his two lads on the travel club for every single away game, they are 14 and 16, now the club have told him they can't go anymore unless accompanied by someone over 18.

Apparently all the werthers lot have been complaining that there are too many youngsters on coaches etc

Now in my eyes, most the werthers lot will be dead within 10 years yet these kids can support the club for 40-50 years

Oh my mate said the club can get to f?ck now so thats two more fans lost thanks to the wonderful running of the club

my mate puts his two lads on the travel club for every single away game, they are 14 and 16, now the club have told him they can't go anymore unless accompanied by someone over 18.

Apparently all the werthers lot have been complaining that there are too many youngsters on coaches etc

Now in my eyes, most the werthers lot will be dead within 10 years yet these kids can support the club for 40-50 years

Oh my mate said the club can get to f?ck now so thats two more fans lost thanks to the wonderful running of the club

That's f?cking ridiculous.

They should be allowed to go on the proviso they behave themselves.

Don't just assume they'll f?ck about.

That is completely wrong. The truth is that until last Saturday, Bolton were the only premiership club that allowed unaccompanied minors on their official travel. The reason why they must be accompanied is that without a guardian the club are in loco parentis. If anything happens to these youngsters and they get arrested, the police especially the met in London insist that an adult stays with them hence the reason why they have to be accompanied by an adult.

That is completely wrong. The truth is that until last Saturday, Bolton were the only premiership club that allowed unaccompanied minors on their official travel. The reason why they must be accompanied is that without a guardian the club are in loco parentis. If anything happens to these youngsters and they get arrested, the police especially the met in London insist that an adult stays with them hence the reason why they have to be accompanied by an adult.

Just a coincidence this rule has been introduced before a free travel match then :-k

There were some young scallywags who caused a lot of damage to the fancy 'private' lower deck of a travel club coach on the way back from Bristol City, around 88.

They didnt dare ban them then because they wouldnt have filled a coach anywhere otherwise.

A minor was arrested at Fulham who was on one of the club coaches and was detained overnight maybe this is the reason for the new ruling if Biff is correct. Shame though as my eldest 2 kids aged sixteen and fourteen were regulars last season on the travel club coaches and now cannot travel to West Ham great shame really.

managed to ask question 4, the answer was Megson was the best choice because he had previous record of saving west brom from relegation, I pressed gartside on whether megson was the right man to take BWFC forward and he answered that he thought he was and that other than results a lot of positive re-structuring had been overseen by megson, I then said that crowds were dropping due to our style of football and our negative formation, against the likes of west brom, he said we actually played 4-3-3 against West brom, spoke to Nolan on a one to one basis and asked why Riga did not play any part at O.T. and he expressed his suprise that he did not play, but he said to be honest Vaz te is flying in training and all the players have been saying how good he looks and compared him to Ronaldo, any how a very enjoyable evening in the company of Zozzy and salford whites owd fella.

managed to ask question 4, the answer was Megson was the best choice because he had previous record of saving west brom from relegation, I pressed gartside on whether megson was the right man to take BWFC forward and he answered that he thought he was and that other than results a lot of positive re-structuring had been overseen by megson, I then said that crowds were dropping due to our style of football and our negative formation, against the likes of west brom, he said we actually played 4-3-3 against West brom, spoke to Nolan on a one to one basis and asked why Riga did not play any part at O.T. and he expressed his suprise that he did not play, but he said to be honest Vaz te is flying in training and all the players have been saying how good he looks and compared him to Ronaldo, any how a very enjoyable evening in the company of Zozzy and salford whites owd fella.

:blink: I thought they went straight back down?

As Mounts Kipper says, Phil Gartside and Kev Davies both turned up. Not many probing questions from the floor. The most embarrassing question of the night goes to the pensioner who remained in the North Stand Lower since it turned into the Singing Stand and she doesn't like swearing or people standing up. It doesn't make you proud to be a Wanderer.

Both Gartside and Nolan praised the fans for creating the atmosphere against Arsenal, Nolan said that the lads commented on it in the dressing room.

The most revealing answer of the night was regarding Campo and the apparent lack of respect to him from the club. Basically he was treated just the same as any other player who's contract has expired. The reports about Gartside ignoring him or snubbing him were a load of bollox, in fact Gartside and Campo chatted happily for at least half an hour after the last game of the season. Campo would have liked to have stayed longer as a player or even in a coaching role. The bullsh!t that Campo came out with in the press afterwards was just Sour Grapes IMO. The fact is Allardyce wanted to get rid of Campo the year before and it was actually Gartside who persuaded Big Sam to give him another 12 month contract. Gartside didn't want to quote in the newspapers against the Fan's favourite, he gets enough flack without that.

I was too shy to ask any questions, and at ?3.05/pint for John Smiths in the Platinum Suite I couldn't afford to get enough Dutch Courage :D

It was Mounts in fact that asked the best/probing questions. An enjoyable night with Mounts and SalfordWhite Senior.

Both Nolan and Gartside were very approachable after the meeting if anyone wanted a word. I always have felt that the Chairman comes across well. Anyone that labels him as arrogant or unapproachable is ignorant.

The most embarrassing question of the night goes to the pensioner who remained in the North Stand Lower since it turned into the Singing Stand and she doesn't like swearing or people standing up. It doesn't make you proud to be a Wanderer.

Even Phil G couldn't believe that point! Seriously some people want to complain about anything. Am glad few people spoke up after that loon and said how great the singing stand was at Arsenal game.

Was interesting to here what he had to say about trying to improve atmosphere at Reebok - looks like the clubs are open to any ideas at all. Look at the Fanzone they've created. Any more ideas should be encouraged.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.