Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phill Brown.

This may have been done before but if we win or lose at hull on saturday how about singing a song along the lines of we are getting browny in the morning. From the we are getting married in the morning tune, it may just wind up the locals. :roll:

that what the yanks were singing last night

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Special One

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

we want our browny back

I thought Browney really wanted the job after Todd resigned when he took charge for a few games before Big Sam came in. There again if Browney & Big Sam are big mates do you really thing he'd take the Bolton job with Gartside at the Helm??? I bet Sams told him all the goings on & history with Gartside running the Circus..

I thought Browney really wanted the job after Todd resigned when he took charge for a few games before Big Sam came in. There again if Browney & Big Sam are big mates do you really thing he'd take the Bolton job with Gartside at the Helm??? I bet Sams told him all the goings on & history with Gartside running the Circus..

Do you honestly think if Phil Brown wants the job he'd give a flying f?ck about what's happened with Allardyce.

FTR, do you actually know what happened as you called the running of the club as a circus. Are you ITK or just making things up?

The only thing you'll be able to hear is;

'sunbed whats the score?'

'sunbed, sunbed whats the score?'

or

'Zigga Zagga Zigga..................shoot that Riga'

'What fookin Riga?....................that fookin Riga'

:pardon:

I think in this case, public abuse of Megson is the most likely way to remove him from his job quickly.

Gartside is desperate to keep him but if " Gary Megson you're a *anker" rings out from a good proportion of the crowd at league games then he will have to be sacked.A club can't operate in such a negative environment.

That is a different point to the song on this thread which is a more mild way of showing disapproval.

george I don't know you pal but F?ck Off you arsehole

he's coming home he's coming home he's coming brownie's coming home

that should put a spanner in the works

As we are viewed as a club that could easily go down but possibly stay up, a spanner in the works is just what we need right now :good: to disrupt the players on the pitch(who are giving 100% for the manager), destabilise the club who will then need to appoint another manager from somewhere out of the blue that may or may not be welcomed by the players who have been training hard in a formation that now encourages wingers to get forward to support the forwards.

As far as Browny is concerned, I like him a lot I have spoken to him a few times. He used to like a good drink when he was a player. I remember him turning up at a supporters doo at that club above Burnden ticket office with his guitar and singing 'little old wine drinker me' . He is a good laugh but what makes people think he is such a great manager yet. Chances are he will be in the relegation dogfight at the end of the season anyway, the press will start to get on his back sooner or later. He is inexperienced and naive when it comes to what he says to officials and in interviews. He will get himself in trouble with the powers that be. He isn't exactly a good role model.

the team yes the manager no ,one freak result and he is god

I don't think anybody is saying that are they.

The point is, it is difficult to slag the manager off during a match, without it effecting the team. Does anybody think that. as George suggets, by singing "Gary Megson is a *anker" at a game it will not have a negative effect on the team? - by the same token, buy singing such shite as "Phil Browns Super White Army" etc. and other ridiculous songs, that this will also not have a detrimental effect on the team.

We should be concentrating on giving the team our upmost support, not worry about who is managing the oposition

As we are viewed as a club that could easily go down but possibly stay up, a spanner in the works is just what we need right now :good: to disrupt the players on the pitch(who are giving 100% for the manager), destabilise the club who will then need to appoint another manager from somewhere out of the blue that may or may not be welcomed by the players who have been training hard in a formation that now encourages wingers to get forward to support the forwards.

As far as Browny is concerned, I like him a lot I have spoken to him a few times. He used to like a good drink when he was a player. I remember him turning up at a supporters doo at that club above Burnden ticket office with his guitar and singing 'little old wine drinker me' . He is a good laugh but what makes people think he is such a great manager yet. Chances are he will be in the relegation dogfight at the end of the season anyway, the press will start to get on his back sooner or later. He is inexperienced and naive when it comes to what he says to officials and in interviews. He will get himself in trouble with the powers that be. He isn't exactly a good role model.

Good post.

The bit about the singing is true. He also sang "Oldest Swinger in town" and they showed it on Kick Off.

If we were to invite former players back, like Harry Redknob's doing at Spurs: I'd be looking for good positive role models.

Keith Branagan

Gudni Bergsson

Youri Djorkaeff

Jay Jay Okocha

and the likes.

The manager will get judged off his results not what the fans are singing. I know his results havent been the best up to now and im not his biggest fan like most but he is hardly going to get a fair crack of the whip if everyone is chanting for his head and disrupting the team during a game is he? If we are still struggling after another 10 games he will probably be sacked and he knows it, so lets just support the team and leave the manager bashing because it wont do anybody any good.

I wouldn't say we were really struggling to be honest.

One goal against either Blackburn or West Brom and we'd currently be 11th. A goal in both games would have seen us in 7th above Everton.

It really is that tight.

The manager will get judged off his results not what the fans are singing. I know his results havent been the best up to now and im not his biggest fan like most but he is hardly going to get a fair crack of the whip if everyone is chanting for his head and disrupting the team during a game is he? If we are still struggling after another 10 games he will probably be sacked and he knows it, so lets just support the team and leave the manager bashing because it wont do anybody any good.

Megson won't be fired unless we go down. This isn't my preferred option so we are stuck with him. Negative chanting generally gives the oppostion more of a boost, so why not lay off?

This may have been done before but if we win or lose at hull on saturday how about singing a song along the lines of we are getting browny in the morning. From the we are getting married in the morning tune, it may just wind up the locals. :roll:

Personally, I think its quite catchy and one that can be sang in the bars and pubs around the ground.

Ensure full battle gear is worn as well!

• Site Supporter

I think it was more a disagreement. George feels it's ok to vocally slag off the team management, Zozzy doesn't. When arguments were forwarded that the supporters ought to get behind the team, including the manager, george says no, Zozzy says F?ck off you arsehole.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.